It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dirty, heavy, yet beautiful - The music of Cyberpunk 2077
While traveling through the streets of Night City, you’ll definitely hear the atmospheric score playing in the background or on the radio stations of the future. The music from Cyberpunk 2077 is truly one of the game’s trademarks. Today, let’s take a look at the huge talent powerhouse that stands behind it!

The composers
“Scary and pretty at the same time”, “very industrial”, “psychedelic, trippy, yet uplifting” – those are but a few of the descriptions the artists of Cyberpunk 2077 have given when describing the game’s score. For some, it can be quite surprising that one of the main composers behind the game’s music is Marcin Przybylowicz.

Marcin is widely known for scores in games from CD PROJEKT RED, including The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The soundtrack in those games was heavily influenced by Slavic, medieval music that used folk instruments to create a unique atmosphere. In Cyberpunk 2077, the setting is obviously quite different, yet as Przybyłowicz himself sums it up:

– In fact, in terms of emotions, the world of The Witcher and Night City have a lot in common. In both of these places, we experience legendary and monumental things, but there are also calm, intimate moments full of emotions. Sometimes there’s grief, and sometimes joy.

Just tuning into the frequencies of Night City – especially after spending so many years with Geralt and the rest of The Witcher characters – did take a bit of time as it was a whole new approach to making music. In the end, Cyberpunk 2077 has a completely different musical DNA: analog synthesizers, distortion in all forms, a little more distortion, strong beats, and a bit more distortion just for good measure. It seems to me that months of experimenting with all kinds of analog synthesizers, effects, groove boxes, and other toys allowed us to find this frequency and compose something that will remain in the memory of players for a long time.

To bring such an amazing atmosphere to life, Marcin Przybyłowicz collaborated with two experienced composers – P. T. Adamczyk and Paul Leonard-Morgan – as well as some of the best musical artists around the world.

Run the Jewels
This American hip hop duo consists of Brooklyn-based rapper and producer El-P and rapper Killer Mike from Atlanta. Their track "No Save Point" shows that hard rap lives on in the dystopian world of the future.

Refused
This Swedish hardcore punk band has a huge role to play in Cyberpunk 2077. Their rebellious music serves as the basis of the fictional band, Samurai - the same one that is headed by the legendary Johnny Silverhand (Keanu Reeves) himself. In real life, Refused is composed of vocalist Dennis Lyxzén, guitarist Kristofer Steen, drummer David Sandström, and bassist Magnus Flagge. Just listen to their “Chippin’ In” song to feel the game’s vibe!

Grimes
Claire Elise Boucher is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, music video director, and visual artist. Her music incorporates elements of genres like art-pop, synth-pop, dream pop, R&B, electronic music, and hip hop (her track “4ÆM” is a great example of such versatility). Grimes also voices Lizzy Wizzy, a Night City celebrity, in Cyberpunk 2077.

A$AP Rocky
Rakim Athelaston Mayers is a New York born rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, model, actor, and music video director. His works have earned him many accolades (e.g. BET Award), as well as nominations for Grammy Awards and MTV Video Music Awards.

Gazelle Twin
Elizabeth Bernholz is a British electronic music composer, producer, and musician from Brighton, England. Gazelle Twin specializes in electronic, industrial pop. She describes the music of Cyberpunk 2077 as “rebellious, noisy and quite aggressive”.

Ilan Rubin
He is an American rock musician, singer, and songwriter straight out of sunny San Diego. Ilan Rubin is best known for playing drums with bands such as Nine Inch Nails, Paramore, and Angels & Airwaves. In 2020, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Richard Devine
He comes from Atlanta and specializes in electronic, experimental music as well as sound design. Over the years, Richard Devine has released albums like Sculpt (1995), Lipswitch (2000), and RISP (2020). He’s also known for sound work for companies like Sony and Google, as well as the Doom video game.

Nina Kraviz
A Russian DJ, music producer, and singer famous for her style that is best described as “a raw blend of house and techno with a very acidic feel”. She describes her music in Cyberpunk 2077 as “psychedelic, trippy, yet uplifting and engaging”. In 2018, she won the International Dance Music Award for Best Female Artist.

Deadly Hunta
This UK-based artist with Jamaican roots fuses styles and genres like dancehall, hip hop, and Reggae with powerful, dynamic lyrics. His single "Talk Out Loud" became a big hit in 2006, and his career hasn’t slowed down since. His input to Cyberpunk 2077 gives us music that is both industrial and rebellious.

Rat Boy
Jordan Cardy is an indie rock and hip hop artist from Essex, England. With two albums to his name - Scum (2017) and Internationally Unknown (2019) - he began gaining recognition at a young age. In the Cyberpunk 2077 OST, he decided to mix elements of electronic and punk music.

Tina Guo
A renowned cellist and erhuist from Shanghai. She has performed alongside such renowned artists as Johnny Marr and Hans Zimmer. Tina Guo is known for her versatility, contributing music to both video games and films. In Cyberpunk 2077, she dazzles us with tracks that are “heavy and dirty” as well as those that are “beautiful and ambient”.

As you can see, the music that plays in Night City comes in many styles and flavors, just like the metropolis’ districts and their various inhabitants. Visit the Cyberpunk 2077 official YouTube channel [link] to listen to a few OST excerpts while gearing up to play the most anticipated game of 2020!
Post edited December 12, 2020 by MichalLeszcz85
I admit, the score is turned up to 11. Full score is available on Spotify as well. Thank you!
Noice! ^
Post edited December 11, 2020 by user deleted
high rated
Please move conversations/questions about Cyberpunk 2077 (or any other, specific game) to it's dedicated subforum:
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077

Also, if you experience any bugs in the game, I would like to suggest to search for an answer/contact the developers of the game directly here:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?forums/cyberpunk.21/

If you encounter technical issues with GOG GALAXY or offline installers, please contact our technical support:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=technical&product=galaxy
I am loving this game! Thanks for working so hard on what is obviously a massive undertaking. I know there are still some kinks to work out, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm confident things will continue to be refined over time. I plan on spending a long time in Night City.
May I suggest a bright idea to grow your audience? Keep promoting the music of Cyberpunk 2077, but make it so there are half a dozen exclusive tracks that are unavailable offline until the user logs into Galaxy, at least once. Then reaffirm that you are a DRM-free store. :)
rjbuffchix: May I suggest a bright idea to grow your audience? Keep promoting the music of Cyberpunk 2077, but make it so there are half a dozen exclusive tracks that are unavailable offline until the user logs into Galaxy, at least once. Then reaffirm that you are a DRM-free store. :)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!!! xD
GOG.com: ... Today, let’s take a look at the huge talent powerhouse that stands behind it!
Well, I'd rather peek a tone at the same.
>snip<

nevermind
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Breja
Anyone have any idea when this is going to be over? It's like when people start celebrating Christmas as the beginning of october, and no matter how much you might like christmas or what it stands for, by the time christmas is actually here, you are sick of the radio only playing christmas music, you are sick of seeing the trees and santas in the stores, etc. However, unlike the 3 months of christmas we get every year, i've seen Cyberpunk 2077 for over a year, and i was hoping that since there was likely some preorder bonus that they'd quit hyping it after release and whatever the bonus was became null and void.
I am enjoying it so far, but it seemed out of place when one of the songs mentioned "Gucci"...
What's next, the bugs of Cyberpunk 2077?
The article would be a lot longer though.
bAnDcAmP:

https://cyberpunk2077.bandcamp.com/album/cyberpunk-2077-radio-vol-1-original-soundtrack

https://cyberpunk2077.bandcamp.com/album/cyberpunk-2077-radio-vol-2-original-soundtrack

da real deal
Music is great! Much appreciated :)
Let's see if this music is actually worth listening to, or if they really should have combed though Modarchive and just stuck to tracker tunes.

Less than 25 seconds into Track 1 and I've got a bad feeling about this. Felt like aural assault spray.

[A few tracks later...]

Is this what people listen to on the radio? The amazing world of techno mixed with the [COMMENT REDACTED] rap/hip-hop?

I've always had something of esoteric tastes, but this certainly isn't shifting my thoughts away from exploring lyrical music works starting from Classic Rock and slowly extending bridges. I'm still amidst discovering most of Queen.