It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The wishlist entry's closing in on 6000.
low rated
can i get free games if i hail ccp?:O
high rated
"Many gamers" eh? Good to know GoG will just remove games if we ask nicely.

Any trash games you want removed from gog?
high rated
Honestly CDP. I've expected more of you.
Let RCG release their game on GOG!

I'm glad I didn't buy CP2077 yet. And I won't be buying anything on GOG until Devotion is getting released.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Tenobok
high rated
LordJF: This whole thing is starting to get some mainstream media coverage as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/dec/17/taiwanese-horror-game-pulled-from-sale-again-after-backlash-in-china
Dray2k: Which is good. Perhaps GOG may rethink this decision to remove the game from the store since it may help them once the game arrives again as enough eyeballs are looking at GOG right now.
If they are rethinking it, I wish they would hurry, as I've gone F-Blizz-F-HK mode and am currently having to download my library's worth of offline games I purchased before I go scorched earth on ever using this account again.

This is going to take a while, though, so they have a couple of days of margin.
low rated
tbirdo: "Many gamers" eh? Good to know GoG will just remove games if we ask nicely.

hello neightbour for start
then continue with all the visual novels
oh i nearly forgot ,forum games those definitely should be banned instantly
tbirdo: "Many gamers" eh? Good to know GoG will just remove games if we ask nicely.

hmmm somewhere went my reply :(
so start with forum games
then all the visual novels
then those crappy Japanese low effort games
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Orkhepaj
No just no

I am a huge fan of visual novels
Orkhepaj: can i get free games if i hail ccp?:O
Sure... There is a dedicated store to that * called EGS /s

* "that" would be exchanging YOUR PERSONAL DATA (with NO WAY of deleting it from CN servers) for "free" games ;)
Dalthnock: It's the lie that did it for me.

"Gamers complained"?
toxicTom: Maybe it's not a lie, just missing info: "Chinese" in the front.
First I thought it's bullshit too, but then I thought again. We often forget that China is huge in terms of sheer manpower. So let's see:

There are 1 billion Chinese.
Let's assume there are 100 million gamers - 10% of the population.
From those let's assume 5% dedicated fans of Winnie the Pooh. Which is an extremely low estimate, if you look how leadership cults work and considering life-long indoctrination starting in early childhood. That's 5 million gamers in the Winnie-Fanclub probably well organised in what they have for Twitter. And's just the dedicated fans of the leadership, not counting their wider circle of people who just tag along trying to make a good impression.
A nice theory, but you are forgetting that Twitter is blocked in China.

So, it's more likely that any such Twitter campaigns are organised efforts by the government, or in the more unlikely scenario some fanclub outside China.

If it's indeed people inside China, that would be a very ironic thing to happen. People would be violating the governmental censorship in order to support the government that has created the censorship to begin with!
Not a very likely scenario, that one.
high rated

Cyberpunk 2077

It's just a matter of time before something controversial is found in Cyberpunk 2077. I'm curious what's gonna happen then.
What I find really interesting in this thread is the amount of 10 years old accounts posting for the first time and asking what the hell is going on? Do we need to complain every time we get an issue with a game political's stance? Is this happening because we have been complacent and don't interact enough on social media with you guys?
PixelBoy: A nice theory, but you are forgetting that Twitter is blocked in China.
Trying reading again...
probably well organised in what they have for Twitter
I know they have something like that, I just don't remember the name.

An organised attack would simply use the means they have - email, creating a million forum accounts - you can be sure they'd find a way to cause trouble, Great Firewall or not.
Getting riled up over a pun in a game would make the government make weak - so if they are at all involved it's only deep under the radar. And the original controversy about the game also didn't need the government - what you can blame them for is indoctrination and upholding the leadership cult, and that's really enough, because all they need is a few million "patriots" to cause all kinds of trouble. And a million people sounds a lot to us, but it really isn't, in China.

Turbo-Beaver: It's just a matter of time before something controversial is found in Cyberpunk 2077. I'm curious what's gonna happen then.
Well, the game's already been receiving backlash for being transphobic so there's that.
high rated
bongsan: What I find really interesting in this thread is the amount of 10 years old accounts posting for the first time and asking what the hell is going on? Do we need to complain every time we get an issue with a game political's stance? Is this happening because we have been complacent and don't interact enough on social media with you guys?
It was my second post however!
Normally I don't interact with the community. But wanted to buy Devotion for month and was very much looking forward to finally playing it.
From what I've heard it isn't even a political game at its core. So it's ridiculous to not release it because of the Xi Poo thing.