It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
McMicroDonalds: Please GOG bring Devotion to gog.com even if you have to block it from purchase in China.
They just should've do it in the first place, we know GOG can block games in certain regions.
high rated
This week on GOG! Kill Nazis in Wolfenstein: New Colossus!

Also this week on GOG! We're doing the bidding of a global power bent on world domination that promotes a racial supremacist ideology!
high rated
This unexpected move and the accompanying message are obvious blatant moral cowardice on GoG's side. That definitely is a strong show of force that this company seems to bow to, and I can somehow relate a little because the anecdotal influence and power of Chinese intelligence bodies (or "gamers") in the internet seems indeed undeniable. BUT it is very irritating action for a company that has such a strong connection with a people known for fighting against authoritarian bullshit for the past century and currently having to suffer under and struggle against the authoritarian advances of their own current government. The same gaslighting and deception tactics are now applied in justifying obviously political (and maybe solely economical) action taken against freedoms that many in Poland and Europe and everywhere else on this planet (mind the marginalised in China) fought and died for not too long ago.

Funny how those under direct scrutiny of such conditions are one second your partner in crime against censorship, the other you throw them out like garbage as if they did something terribly wrong (which you imply with the reason given in your statement), just to appease their persecutors. But oh well, since it is of course either about poor GoG "having to" give in to the autocrats (and becoming their plaything in the process) or simply suffering from the fear of losing profits/markets:

Twoj bol jest lepszy niz moj.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by TaCCCo
high rated
Just don't make it available in china. Let us freedom loving people vote with our wallets.
andysheets1975: This week on GOG! Kill Nazis in Wolfenstein: New Colossus!

Also this week on GOG! We're doing the bidding of a global power bent on world domination that promotes a racial supremacist ideology!
Also, here is prison architect.
low rated
I'm seriously wondering. where were all you morons when for years GOG been rejecting titles because of their Bias curation? Or you just pretending to care because China brought you the corona virus while most complained about Trump who actually did something about China before it all started.And now voted in a man that have been doing shady deals with China for years and still is doing so right now.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by dgnfly
high rated

Titanium: Also, here is prison architect.
"Design your own uyghur labor camps!"
high rated

Or, like someone put it on Twitter, without words ...
Attachments:
high rated
I'm disappointed. Appeasement always ends in a catastrophy. Not publishing Devotion is a collaboration with an authoritarian regime. And that costs you all your reputation. In my personal opinion now you are one finger of chinas long arm. And that's just for the lowest motivation, for profit.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Flinker
high rated
Leroux: Or, like someone put it on Twitter, without words ...
My favorite response they got on Twitter was:

"After receiving many messages from gamers, I have decided to return Cyberpunk 2077."
Turbo-Beaver: "After receiving many messages from gamers, I have decided to return Cyberpunk 2077."
Did anyone from West Taiwan get a refund for Cyberpunk 2077 because of this mess?
high rated
Actions by GOG are sign of cowardice. I wonder how they'd cowtow to communist regime in Poland if we were living in Cold War era.
A shame really.

I have 100 bucks on my Checkout now and I'm having a hard time finishing the deal because of this stuff.
high rated
This whole thing is starting to get some mainstream media coverage as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/dec/17/taiwanese-horror-game-pulled-from-sale-again-after-backlash-in-china
high rated
LordJF: This whole thing is starting to get some mainstream media coverage as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/dec/17/taiwanese-horror-game-pulled-from-sale-again-after-backlash-in-china
Which is good. Perhaps GOG may rethink this decision to remove the game from the store since it may help them once the game arrives again as enough eyeballs are looking at GOG right now.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Dray2k