It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Timboli: GOG cannot afford to have problems with China on a financial basis alone.
really? so next time when China will ask gog to give them your personal info and all your data you won't mind, right?
CDPR has as much money as Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red is ahead with EUR 8.64 billion compared to Ubisoft's 8.36 billion

and they still can't afford to stand for European values and for fundamental human rights? China uses all means to stick its claws into European business and no one likes Chinese sellouts. CDPR can move their business to China if they picked their side because they can't please both European and Chinese people at the same time - we're on different cultural, political levels. They eat live bats and other disgusting stuff, they killed own newborn babies by sticking needles into their heads to control population on request from their leaders. do we really "have to" comply with Chinese demands? hell no!
high rated
What a way to end 2020 GOG.
Dissapointed to say the least.
high rated
Timboli: GOG cannot afford to have problems with China on a financial basis alone.
djoxyk: really? so next time when China will ask gog to give them your personal info and all your data you won't mind, right?
CDPR has as much money as Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red is ahead with EUR 8.64 billion compared to Ubisoft's 8.36 billion
Yeah, there is never appeasing China once. There is always next time, and next time, and next time. They'll always dangle this carrot that is the Chinese market, and bit by bit ask for all of your soul. Every time it makes financial sense to comply, cede a little bit of yourself for business, but very soon you'll just become completely dependent on their whims. They can let you have the Chinese market now, but they'll have you in the end.
low rated
nvruseths: I'm just gonna say that this is nonsense. GOG doesn't NEED to do business with China. They WANT to business with China.
Where did I mention anything related to doing business with China or Chinese customers?
That is not the financial aspect I am talking about.
Think attacks, think lack of servers, etc.

GOG in my estimation, cannot afford to be denied access to customers, especially after what has happened with Cyberpunk, and going into the very important Winter Sale.

If GOG make a stand against China, they could I believe, be committing suicide ... and I for one don't want that.
djoxyk: really? so next time when China will ask gog to give them your personal info and all your data you won't mind, right?
It's not about values so much as survival and being pragmatic.

Remember, we are talking GOG not CDPR, and I am not so sure how much of any profits they want to sink into GOG, if it ain't really paying its way sufficiently.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: If GOG make a stand against China, they could I believe, be committing suicide ... and I for one don't want that.
they can at least make dedicated store for Chinese only, if the pay is good they can afford it. would be simple and effective solution.
what if tomorrow leader of cannibal african tribe will demand a piece for themselves? should we give your address for the inquiry? :)

gog IS CDPR, they are one wallet.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by djoxyk
low rated
BluesyMoo: Yeah, there is never appeasing China once. There is always next time, and next time, and next time. They'll always dangle this carrot that is the Chinese market, and bit by bit ask for all of your soul. Every time it makes financial sense to comply, cede a little bit of yourself for business, but very soon you'll just become completely dependent on their whims. They can let you have the Chinese market now, but they'll have you in the end.
As I tried to make clear, I doubt it has anything to do with the Chinese Market ... that wasn't what I was referring to.

That said, how big a Chinese customer base, does GOG have, and how have they contributed to GOG's ongoing survival?
djoxyk: they can at least make dedicated store for Chinese only, if the pay is good they can afford it. would be simple and effective solution.
what is tomorrow leader of cannibal african tribe will demand a piece for themselves? should we give your address for the inquiry? :)
I don't think anything you are saying here has anything to do with what I was saying.

What China is doing is clearly wrong. But GOG aren't the mouthpiece of the world, they are a store that wants to survive, and I am guessing most of us want them to survive too, if we have many games in our GOG library, and care about DRM-Free.

djoxyk: gog IS CDPR, they are one wallet.
Are they really?
I'm not so sure.
Timboli: ...GOG aren't the mouthpiece of the world, they are a store that wants to survive, and I am guessing most of us want them to survive too...
oh no, this is exactly what you're saying. at what cost? what are you ready to pay for their "survival"? let me put it another, more blatant, way- what do you want US (consumers) to pay for a "survival" of multi billion corporation?
high rated
I have a suggestion for poor beleaguered CDPR. A brand change. Henceforth, they make a tiny change to their name and become CCPR. Not only does this suit their brave new direction, but they gain a bit of ranking in alphabetical order, and if money is as tight as it seems to be, office stationery can be fixed with a bit of correcting fluid or an eraser. Signs need just a touch of paint, and so on. The name rolls off the forked tongue slightly easier too, I reckon.
yiasemi: I have a suggestion for poor beleaguered CDPR. A brand change. Henceforth, they make a tiny change to their name and become CCPR. Not only does this suit their brave new direction, but they gain a bit of ranking in alphabetical order, and if money is as tight as it seems to be, office stationery can be fixed with a bit of correcting fluid or an eraser. Signs need just a touch of paint, and so on. The name rolls off the forked tongue slightly easier too, I reckon.
lol, that's a good one :)
low rated
djoxyk: oh no, this is exactly what you're saying. at what cost? what are you ready to pay for their "survival"? let me put it another, more blatant, way- what do you want US (consumers) to pay for a "survival" of multi billion corporation?
So what you are saying, is don't take reality into account, and sacrifice yourself for one game, due to moral obligations.

You do realize that it would mean that China win even more.

Common sense says leave it to those bodies who have the resources to stand against China, else you are sacrificing yourself needlessly.

P.S. Good imagination there about the corporation ... wish I shared it, so I could worry less ... me and many others here.
high rated
djoxyk: oh no, this is exactly what you're saying. at what cost? what are you ready to pay for their "survival"? let me put it another, more blatant, way- what do you want US (consumers) to pay for a "survival" of multi billion corporation?
Timboli: So what you are saying, is don't take reality into account, and sacrifice yourself for one game, due to moral obligations.

Common sense says leave it to those bodies who have the resources to stand against China, else you are sacrificing yourself needlessly.

P.S. Good imagination there about the corporation ... wish I shared it, so I could worry less ... me and many others here.
that is pure nonsense. by your logic no one should put up a fight for their rights or for their lives. because the oppressor is always bigger and mean.
Timboli: P.S. Good imagination there about the corporation ... wish I shared it, so I could worry less ... me and many others here.
stop shilling for CDPR then, check their open documents to see how much they cost. because of people like you (CDPR apologists) we're in this deep ... right now. You worshiped this corporation to the point it can scam 4 million of people out of their money (console sales) without any consequences. and you still have a nerve to advocate for these scammers?
Post edited December 17, 2020 by djoxyk
high rated
Thank you GOG for showing me how it would be to live under communist censorship, it’s indeed pretty disgusting. Can we now go back to free world values, please?
high rated
Timboli: So what you are saying, is don't take reality into account, and sacrifice yourself for one game, due to moral obligations.

If you spend your life unnecessarily kowtowing to tyrants hoping someone else will grow a backbone and stand up for you because it would be inconvenient for you do it, you're complicit in their acts.

CDProjekt has officially announced that they support Han supremacy and religious suppression as long as they get a chance at a cut of the profits.
Yes yes, blaa blaa blaa... We are all oh so angry. Then again I feel the publisher was a bit stupid adding such controversial "easter egg" in the game, knowing it would call a ruckus. Maybe that was their intention all along, as now the game is in the headlines? Maybe they should have added a picture oh Mohammed there as well, for extra effect? Maybe also make a joke about the late king of Thailand as well, just to piss off the Thai government?

Now back to topic. Since Devotion is pulled also from Steam (for "technical problems", yeah right), is there any place that sells it?

Does the publisher sell it DRM-free on their own store, for example? I could see myself buying it there, if necessary.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by timppu
timppu: Now back to topic. Since Devotion is pulled also from Steam (for "technical problems", yeah right), is there any place that sells it?

Does the publisher sell it DRM-free on their own store, for example? I could see myself buying it there, if necessary.
Nope GOG would have been the only place selling the game as far as I know.