It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Turbo-Beaver: Seems they proudly announced the release of this game on Weibo (Chinese Twitter). If that's true, then the backlash was predictable.
If that's true, it's still irrelevant, and it's still zero excuse for GOG to bend the knee and stop the release.

They could, alternatively, simply ignore the backlash...just like they constantly ignore the many different backlashes that emerge from actual GOG customers on this very forum who are bringing up actually legitimate issues.

The alleged Weibo/Twitter complainers are not GOG customers and their complaint and demand for censorship is not legitimate. So why would GOG break their long-standing precedent of ignoring backlashes, in order to pander to non-GOG-customers' illegitimate one?
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
high rated
Not going to pretend that I cared about that game because I didn't, but still, bending the knee to the CPP, that's a new low GOG.
high rated
They must have lost so much money that they are willing to bow down to the disgusting CCP. They have the audacity to blame it on "gamers" on top of that lmao.
high rated
only_brad: They must have lost so much money that they are willing to bow down to the disgusting CCP. They have the audacity to blame it on "gamers" on top of that lmao.
GOG did the same thing with Hatred. They never released the game because of all the controversy about it. This is funny because postal was on GOG.
high rated
Wow, every day I wake up to a new low by GOG and CDPR, it is becoming disgusting to watch similar to US news.
Anyhow they made winter deals so easy for me, I am boycotting them until they start having values again, although with current trend of lies, I doubt there is any coming back for them.

I was proud to be a part of the community who supported GOG and CDPR but frankly they are starting to hit EA lows and they don't deserve my money or support.
It is difficult for me to see this the backlash that GOG is receiving for an order to which they are subjected, it has already been observed before the repression of China to other countries of the world and GOG is just a store, it cannot compete against the largest market in the world, much less ignore them, many find it difficult to realize that GOG needs customers to survive, personally they always treated me with great respect and were very attentive when I contacted with technical support... I really wanted to play Devotion and it was extremely hard today to see this, I'm also concerned about Red Candle Games, they didn't diserved that, but GOG is not our enemy, is just one victim more from the censorship. We as gogers have to support GOG more than ever in the difficult times, and don't mislead our hatred toward those who share or same situation!!!!
high rated
Between the killing of the downloader, the slow creeping compromises on DRM-free single-player games, selling DRMed Epic games through Galaxy, and now this, GOG are making it harder to like them with every month it seems. The only selling points left for me are the refund policy and the fact that they still offer offline installers. If they start messing with the latter, I'm out. I might already have left in disgust if I gave a damn about Cyberpunk.
low rated
CD Projekt Red is a public company and has to answer to shareholders. It can't just turn around and say "we are leaving China and leaving all that money on the table" (which is essentially what they would be doing if they went ahead and released this game).
high rated
Y'know, encouraging people to pirate 2077 and all future CDPR releases doesn't sound too bad of an idea now.
Usagi1030: Y'know, encouraging people to pirate 2077 and all future CDPR releases doesn't sound too bad of an idea now.
I'm actually thinking about what it might take to get Cyberpunk totally banned in China. There has to be something that insults the Chinese there. Get it banned, send in bootleg.
high rated
I regret every cent I have ever given to you, but I can stop making that mistake right now. You won't see another one from me.
Today you have proven to be against freedom, democracy and even justice itself.
From the bottom of my heart I hope you crash and burn.
high rated
Zezione: It is difficult for me to see this the backlash that GOG is receiving for an order to which they are subjected, it has already been observed before the repression of China to other countries of the world and GOG is just a store, it cannot compete against the largest market in the world, much less ignore them, many find it difficult to realize that GOG needs customers to survive, personally they always treated me with great respect and were very attentive when I contacted with technical support... I really wanted to play Devotion and it was extremely hard today to see this, I'm also concerned about Red Candle Games, they didn't diserved that, but GOG is not our enemy, is just one victim more from the censorship. We as gogers have to support GOG more than ever in the difficult times, and don't mislead our hatred toward those who share or same situation!!!!
I get where you're coming from here, but if GOG isn't willing to protect my freedom or values, then why should I protect or support them? GOG is ultimately a profit driven company. The very reason we are in this situation is because they don't want to lose the significant amount of money from all the Chinese sales. If that's more important to them than you, me or any of us, then I'm done supporting them.
WWKRD?

Please ask yourself that GOG. I already asked myself SIBDTWS? The answer was no.
high rated
I don't really want to play this game, but what GOG did is just disgusting and I'm not giving money to support this.
I was going buy a new graphic card and 2077 along with some other games in my wishlist here...guess you just saved me a lot of money, thanks GOG.
high rated
Release Devotion you spineless cowards. Fucking hell, you *just* released a game about a corporate dystopia!