It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
shattenyagger: Free speech and capitalism.
I'm all for free speech, but capitalism is the most destructive force in this world. You'll see eventually.
high rated
This is unacceptable for a company that comes from a "european" country. Where are the democratic european values? Even more absurd considering Poland has been one of the hardest hit countries by the nazi regime and yet when the CCP comes knocking, they immediately bend backwards. Democratic values indeed. Makes a mockery of those people that lost their lives in fight for independence and freedom of speech.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by SLOFila
high rated
I don't believe GOG even has Chinese store. You can only sell approved games in China, that's why Steam had to set up different client with limited library to be allowed to exist in China. What Chinese players are using GOG are probably using VPN.
low rated
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
high rated
You can also get Detention DRM-free at Playism, in case you're not interested in helping fund Gabe Newell's New Zealand mansion:
https://playism.com/product/detention
high rated
shattenyagger: Free speech and capitalism.
toxicTom: I'm all for free speech, but capitalism is the most destructive force in this world. You'll see eventually.
Communism has how many deaths linked to it, so many great leaps that fail to even get off of the floor, it is ok though, I'm sure they can use the "people's" corpses to get to the high places.
But, no you're right, damn those capitalist dogs.
low rated
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
high rated
Just week ago I would never belive this can happen to me or more importantly to CDP. It was by far my favourite developer, I switched from buying games on Steam to GOG even if I would have to wait for months.

I would even forgive the lies around Cyberpunk if they would manage to patch the game and make it what it should have been. But this is just pure unaccaptable to me, I can never with a clear conscience support a company that is against free speach, freedom and human rights in general.
I would feel dirty for every € I would spent here.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by spellshaper
SLOFila: This is unacceptable for a company that comes from a "european" country. Where are the democratic european values? Even more absurd considering Poland has been one of the hardest hit countries by the nazi regime and yet when the CCP comes knocking, they immediately bend backwards. Democratic values indeed. Makes a mockery for those people that lost their lives in fight for independence and freedom of speech.
lace_gardenia: welcome to capitalism. it's always been this way.
Sigh. Yeah.

I mean ToxicTom is right about one thing and that is capitalism will eventually destroy itself because of their pursuit of money.
high rated
SLOFila: This is unacceptable for a company that comes from a "european" country. Where are the democratic european values? Even more absurd considering Poland has been one of the hardest hit countries by the nazi regime and yet when the CCP comes knocking, they immediately bend backwards. Democratic values indeed. Makes a mockery for those people that lost their lives in fight for independence and freedom of speech.
Yes and no. Capitalism is pursuing profits. This last week has seen CDPR do a lot of things that go against pursuing profits. They might make money in the short term, but they will lose long term. At a time when their is a lot of ill will due to the buggy 2077 launch, now is not the time to further discredit themselves. That being said, I'm all for them choosing not to offer the game in China. If the laws there say you can't sell this game in China, that is up to the people of China to change. What I am not okay with is them not selling it to anyone because China says no.
SLOFila: Where are the democratic european values?
Those were already sold with the founding of the EU. Why do you think the European Parliament has no real rights and power? The EU has always been about $$$, with a sugar coating of the "European Idea" and "consumer rights".

The only institution with some power and conscience is the European Court.
high rated
Perhaps you'd be happier living in China then?
high rated
myrhev: Yes and no. Capitalism is pursuing profits. This last week has seen CDPR do a lot of things that go against pursuing profits. They might make money in the short term, but they will lose long term. At a time when their is a lot of ill will due to the buggy 2077 launch, now is not the time to further discredit themselves. That being said, I'm all for them choosing not to offer the game in China. If the laws there say you can't sell this game in China, that is up to the people of China to change. What I am not okay with is them not selling it to anyone because China says no.
Not selling the game in China makes sense. If chinese are upset about it then it makes sense to not do it. Just like it's hard to sell games with Nazi flags in Germany.

But that doesn't mean China gets to dictate what I get and not get to play in my own country on a different continent over something as absurd as someone's hurt ego.
high rated
Here's how GoG should have dealt with this matter:

1) Add Detention to the store (Red Candle Games' first work - the developer of Devotion). This would introduce the dev to GoG costumers without alienating anyone - Detention is still on Steam and Netflix even has a show based on it;

2) Allow a few weeks to pass;

3) Then, without any warning or fanfare, add Devotion to the store, as GoG usually does with the new games it adds every week;

4) Keep Devotion on the store regardless of presumable external influence.

Just my two cents...
Post edited December 16, 2020 by EasyGamer
high rated
toxicTom: Maybe you should talk to some Chinese (not expats with a grudge, that's small minority) people once in a while. The mentality, the whole system of values is simply... different.

I wouldn't want to live like that and probably couldn't. I'm myself more of a loner who values freedom. But their views and values are different, and I respect that. Calling that "brainwashed" is... actually one sided to the point of brainwashed.
As long as the PRC's economy is doing ostensibly well and the general population is not hungry, has access to "acceptable" forms of entertainment, walks the line and is kept busy chasing places in competitive examinations, the mandate of heaven won't be challenged.

Differences in values do exist, but they don't explain everything.