It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Magnitus: Well, in Factorio, you essentially run down A LOT of low tech natives
That sounds terrible. Maybe I need to create a wishlist entry for removing that game too. I'll look into it.
low rated
morolf: That sounds terrible. Maybe I need to create a wishlist entry for removing that game too. I'll look into it.
imho that is awesome , i thought only monsters are there to kill
conquering pagans is a lot of fun
low rated
Post edited January 11, 2022 by Plumb
low rated
morolf: These usually just are about making money. You could argue they don't show the dark side of capitalism, but imo they also don't promote violence, like "Tonight we riot" does imo. An equivalent pro-capitalist game would be one where you gun down striking workers and direct death squads against trade unionists, and I don't think something like this would be sold on Gog.
Magnitus: Well, in Factorio, you essentially run down A LOT of low tech natives (and make no mistake, you are on their turf) in order to build a ever growing automation chain in order to automate the production of an ever increasing amount of goods (while not the complete picture, one could call that the accelerating automation of production in order to produce evermore things the cornerstone of capitalism and definitely something people to the left, especially the far left, would oppose). Not only that, its all for yourself, one person (again, something that people to the left, especially the far left would frown upon).

This is in direct opposition to a lot of my personal values, but who cares? Its a game (and one that I like a lot). It's fun. Completely immoral, but fun.
The people who fund left-think are cold-blooded crony capitalists, and in many cases they're the same people who funded right-think.
low rated
richlind33: If possession isn't 9/10 of the law, Russia has some territory that needs to be returned to the rightful owners.
PM me and lets discuss or get kicked from my friends list. 2 weeks. I am off from here.
low rated
richlind33: If possession isn't 9/10 of the law, Russia has some territory that needs to be returned to the rightful owners.
Lin545: PM me and lets discuss or get kicked from my friends list. 2 weeks. I am off from here.
That sort of makes it a moot point, don't it?
low rated
morolf: That sounds terrible. Maybe I need to create a wishlist entry for removing that game too. I'll look into it.
Not sure if serious. Hmmm...
low rated
The mods should just close this massively-derailed thread already. Then again, people like to see train wrecks.

EDIT: And of course, there's the usual circlejerk-downvoter brigade who can't seem to make an argument so they resort to down voting people in this thread. They must be so proud to win in their special olympics, LOL.
Post edited January 19, 2022 by makaikishi
low rated
makaikishi: The mods should just close this massively-derailed thread already.
Why? There are still people who want this release here, or, at least additional explanation of why it did not come here. If GOG is going to be focused on communicating with customers, then stuff like "many gamers" runs contrary to that. If I and a bunch of other gamers here message GOG to say "Remove Galaxy for being a form of DRM," do you think Galaxy will get removed?
low rated
makaikishi: The mods should just close this massively-derailed thread already.
rjbuffchix: Why? There are still people who want this release here, or, at least additional explanation of why it did not come here. If GOG is going to be focused on communicating with customers, then stuff like "many gamers" runs contrary to that. If I and a bunch of other gamers here message GOG to say "Remove Galaxy for being a form of DRM," do you think Galaxy will get removed?
If you just read what I typed instead of typing something that didn't make any sense to my comment at all, I was talking about the thread being massively-derailed, hence the need to lock this as it doesn't contribute anything of importance anymore ******.

[Modded by Sarafan]
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Sarafan
low rated
rjbuffchix: Why? There are still people who want this release here, or, at least additional explanation of why it did not come here. If GOG is going to be focused on communicating with customers, then stuff like "many gamers" runs contrary to that. If I and a bunch of other gamers here message GOG to say "Remove Galaxy for being a form of DRM," do you think Galaxy will get removed?
makaikishi: If you just read what I typed instead of typing something that didn't make any sense to my comment at all, I was talking about the thread being massively-derailed, hence the need to lock this as it doesn't contribute anything of importance anymore, *******.
I read what you typed, my guy. While the thread indeed was derailed, I see no reason it can't get back on the tracks and it remains an important issue to several users on this forum (for example, it is still mentioned as a reason people are Boycotting GOG 2021-2022... in that respective topic). Thus I would be opposed to locking it as I think there is still valuable discussion to be had on this subject, which makes the most sense to centralize here instead of in a tangentially related topic such as the Boycotting one. Please leave out the unnecessary personal attack next time.

[Modded by Sarafan: Edited the quoted part]
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Sarafan
low rated
rjbuffchix: I read what you typed, my guy. While the thread indeed was derailed, I see no reason it can't get back on the tracks and it remains an important issue to several users on this forum (for example, it is still mentioned as a reason people are Boycotting GOG 2021-2022... in that respective topic). Thus I would be opposed to locking it as I think there is still valuable discussion to be had on this subject, which makes the most sense to centralize here instead of in a tangentially related topic such as the Boycotting one. Please leave out the unnecessary personal attack next time.
This train wreck of a thread is a year old already and Devotion hasn't been released here. I haven't even bought any game from this site since last year after this fiasco and their disastrous Cyberpunk launch and I don't see myself buying games here in the future anymore. This is the only reason why I came back to this site, just to see if this thread about GOG's stance has changed. It's rather obvious that GOG won't release it due to their lack of backbone (I'm pretty sure GOG must have pissed its pants when they let go of Hatred and Steam ended up with more money instead) and no amount of whining from people here will help. Plus, there's a Devotion website, shouldn't people be going there instead to buy it if they so want to play the game that bad?

So yes, my point still stands. All I see from the last posts are a bunch of people who should just move on from this thread, buy Devotion from the main site itself and leave GOG if they want.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by makaikishi
low rated
rjbuffchix: I read what you typed, my guy. While the thread indeed was derailed, I see no reason it can't get back on the tracks and it remains an important issue to several users on this forum (for example, it is still mentioned as a reason people are Boycotting GOG 2021-2022... in that respective topic). Thus I would be opposed to locking it as I think there is still valuable discussion to be had on this subject, which makes the most sense to centralize here instead of in a tangentially related topic such as the Boycotting one. Please leave out the unnecessary personal attack next time.
makaikishi: This train wreck of a thread is a year old already and Devotion hasn't been released here. I haven't even bought any game from this site since last year after this fiasco and their disastrous Cyberpunk launch and I don't see myself buying games here in the future anymore. This is the only reason why I came back to this site, just to see if this thread about GOG's stance has changed. It's rather obvious that GOG won't release it due to their lack of backbone (I'm pretty sure GOG must have pissed its pants when they let go of Hatred and Steam ended up with more money instead) and no amount of whining from people here will help. Plus, there's a Devotion website, shouldn't people be going there instead to buy it if they so want to play the game that bad?

So yes, my point still stands. All I see from the last posts are a bunch of people who should just move on from this thread, buy Devotion from the main site itself and leave GOG if they want.
All fair positions to have. May I interest you in this topic of other people who have either reduced spending or haven't been buying at all since (and even before) this mess? https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post1
Devotion is discussed in there and is a central reason as to why some people are boycotting. It may be a better source of "updates" than this "Devotion is coming to GOG" thread would be.
makaikishi: If you just read what I typed instead of typing something that didn't make any sense to my comment at all, I was talking about the thread being massively-derailed, hence the need to lock this as it doesn't contribute anything of importance anymore ******.

[Modded by Sarafan]
Hello makaikishi,

I have to ask you to refrain from posting things that can be offending to others. Be sure to check our CoC: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. The posted fragment wasn't vulgar, but can be considered offending, so I've decided to edit your post. Treat this as a kind warning. If you have any questions, please send them to me in a direct message.
low rated
makaikishi: If you just read what I typed instead of typing something that didn't make any sense to my comment at all, I was talking about the thread being massively-derailed, hence the need to lock this as it doesn't contribute anything of importance anymore ******.

[Modded by Sarafan]
Sarafan: Hello makaikishi,

I have to ask you to refrain from posting things that can be offending to others. Be sure to check our CoC: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. The posted fragment wasn't vulgar, but can be considered offending, so I've decided to edit your post. Treat this as a kind warning. If you have any questions, please send them to me in a direct message.
I mean this sincerely, ask them to employ you. You're the only mod member who goes into the tricky topics.