It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sslaxx: Good luck with that, this being Interplay and all.
Zeether: If they're going to be scumbags about it, they're probably going to court, and I don't see them winning if they skimped on royalties they promised Parallax. If things don't work out then I bet Night Dive will step in.

Interplay barely seems to do anything besides being an IP mill now anyway. The most I've seen from them game wise is mobile phone stuff.
I have a friend who is a regular that talks to the CEOs of interplay and they are assholes according to him. they are french which gives my assumptions that they are from Tidus Games, which were infamous for making the worst game in history
Post edited January 10, 2016 by zgrillo2004
Zeether: If they're going to be scumbags about it, they're probably going to court, and I don't see them winning if they skimped on royalties they promised Parallax. If things don't work out then I bet Night Dive will step in.

Interplay barely seems to do anything besides being an IP mill now anyway. The most I've seen from them game wise is mobile phone stuff.
zgrillo2004: I have a friend who is a regular that talks to the CEOs of interplay and they are assholes according to hi. they are french which gives my assumptions that they are from Tidus Games, which were infamous for making the worst game in history
they are from titus
zgrillo2004: I have a friend who is a regular that talks to the CEOs of interplay and they are assholes according to hi. they are french which gives my assumptions that they are from Tidus Games, which were infamous for making the worst game in history
smrtgi19: they are from titus
I know. they are fucking assholes from what he told me.
Post edited January 05, 2016 by zgrillo2004
smrtgi19: they are from titus
zgrillo2004: I know. they are fucking assholes from what he told me.
but they had funding and they ousted Brian Fargot, poor guy hope he can build in-x-ile to what interplay used to be
Intrerplay apparently owe tens of thousand of dollars to the Parallax owners.

Source: http://kotaku.com/descent-designer-says-interplay-owes-him-tens-of-thousa-1751619012
Post edited January 08, 2016 by Grargar
Hmm. It's nice to see some official clarification on this, though I'm frustrated that yet again this is something that GOG has failed to communicate well.

As for Interplay, it's saddening but not surprising at all. Anyone remember what they tried to pull with the BIMAR and Project V13? Is that even still alive at this point?
was too good to last
Grargar: Intrerplay apparently owe tens of thousand of dollars to the Parallax owners.

Source: http://kotaku.com/descent-designer-says-interplay-owes-him-tens-of-thousa-1751619012
Didn't Parallax post that here themselves? [...checking...]

Yes, they did.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Didn't Parallax post that here themselves? [...checking...]

Yes, they did.
Nope. The article contains more info that wasn't detailed by Matt Toschlog on his post. Like the fact that Interplay stopped paying royalties to Parallax in 2002 and only paid them back in 2007 with the money they gained from the sale of the Fallout IP to Bethesda.
Post edited January 08, 2016 by Grargar
Gamespot posted a video about Descent being removed. Nothing new that we don't already know but I found it amusing how the narrator didn't pronounce gog.com as gee oh gee dot com but instead referred to the store simply as gog dot com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azyPIKhfWaY
Kabuto: Gamespot posted a video about Descent being removed. Nothing new that we don't already know but I found it amusing how the narrator didn't pronounce gog.com as gee oh gee dot com but instead referred to the store simply as gog dot com.

Well that is its "new" name after all. Sounds a bit too much like gag dot com if you ask me which isn't very good publicity wise.
Kabuto: ...I found it amusing how the narrator didn't pronounce gog.com as gee oh gee dot com but instead referred to the store simply as gog dot com.
Yeah well, I say GOG as a word, too.

"Gee oh gee, I feel like slapping someone!" *shrug* ;)
Kabuto: ...I found it amusing how the narrator didn't pronounce gog.com as gee oh gee dot com but instead referred to the store simply as gog dot com.
mistermumbles: Yeah well, I say GOG as a word, too.

"Gee oh gee, I feel like slapping someone!" *shrug* ;)
There's no real reason to say "Gee Oh Gee" now, since it's not Good Old Games anymore.

Kabuto: Gamespot posted a video about Descent being removed. ...

Reading the comments, one person says, "too bad GOG is failing steam has been turning to shit lately". What do they mean by "too bad GOG is failing"? The Galaxy client not being up-to-snuff yet, or GOG being unable to get AAA games, or what?
Post edited January 10, 2016 by tfishell
Well after much debate with my Source I made this for Tidus. so to any Tidus employers that lurk on GOG, there's something I have been dying to say to you.

Fuck you

have a nice day
Attachments:
tidusass.jpg (48 Kb)
Post edited January 10, 2016 by zgrillo2004
Pronouncing as gog because it's not good old games anymore doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

KFC isn't kentucky fried chicken anymore but we still say kay eff cee, not kefc or whatever.