It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
KiNgBrAdLeY7: YOU CAN GET THE ORIGINALS STANDALONE, ONCE AGAIN! But be quick, before they change that...

1) Buy your EE package, which is the only option available.
2) Use the original game, which is now an "extra", instead of main game; keep/redeem/backup.
3) Ask for a refund.
4) As long as you don't download the main game itself (EE), you can even have a cash refund, instead of store credit.
5) D*ck move, but Beambitch drowned us all among a sea of d*cks, anyway.
6) Confirmed by a blue to work, even though kindly requested not to.
7) You end up with a free original game. Eff the EE, Eff Beamdog. Win!

P.S. I love and i respect GOG and Good Old Games. I hate aggressive gaffots (with peaceful ones i have no problem), talentless idiots who ruin classic games and blackmailers, who tie together crap with masterpiece double price too, so they can get away with their faq-up of a classic series and strike it rich effortlessly. Peace.
I think it is better to point people to buy the physical 4 in one Baldur Gate for $4.42 (used) or $11.24 new
http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-4-1-Boxset-Pc/dp/B000FGA1US/ref=pd_sim_63_2?ie=UTF8&amp;dpID=41Z5rcYJNUL&amp;dpSrc=sims&amp;preST=_AC_UL320_SR262%2C320_&amp;refRID=1D6D0XS59SW1KCGYXB75
Yes, but then you have to worry about the disk check when you're playing (unless those versions have had it removed). Also, even if the check has been removed, you still need an optical drive to actually install the games.
dtgreene: Yes, but then you have to worry about the disk check when you're playing (unless those versions have had it removed). Also, even if the check has been removed, you still need an optical drive to actually install the games.
I have Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 collection from Amazon. It consists of 2 DVDs (base games, BG1 and BG2) and 2CDs (expansions: "Tales of the Sword Coast", "Throne of Bhaal"). They have a a simple cd check.

To keep your CD/DVD collection safe, do:
1. Make an iso images of discs;
2. Use infinitycracker_v1.1 nocd.

Problem solved.

edit: infinitycracker is a universal nocd, works with any Infinity Engine game (i.e. BG1/2 with or without expansions, Icewind Dale 1/2, Planescape Torment).
Post edited May 16, 2016 by vsr
high rated
KiNgBrAdLeY7: YOU CAN GET THE ORIGINALS STANDALONE, ONCE AGAIN! But be quick, before they change that...

1) Buy your EE package, which is the only option available.
2) Use the original game, which is now an "extra", instead of main game; keep/redeem/backup.
3) Ask for a refund.
4) As long as you don't download the main game itself (EE), you can even have a cash refund, instead of store credit.
5) D*ck move, but Beambitch drowned us all among a sea of d*cks, anyway.
6) Confirmed by a blue to work, even though kindly requested not to.
7) You end up with a free original game. Eff the EE, Eff Beamdog. Win!

P.S. I love and i respect GOG and Good Old Games. I hate aggressive gaffots (with peaceful ones i have no problem), talentless idiots who ruin classic games and blackmailers, who tie together crap with masterpiece double price too, so they can get away with their faq-up of a classic series and strike it rich effortlessly. Peace.
as explained before, this is an extremely stupid suggestion for 3 reaosns -

1) This is in effect piracy which you are now publicly promoting on gOg's forums with all its implications

2) You are basically hurting the DRM free ethos, as you are suggesting people should abuse the fact that there is no control

3) The only company you are hurting with this is gOg, not Beamdog. This will have 0 impact on Beamdog, but gOg will suffer both financial loss and loss of reputation.

So go ahead with this if what you want to achieve is hurt gOg, as for Beamdog it will have no impact what-so-ever. Bradley, you are a very, very silly boy, and this scheme is stupidity in the extreme.
low rated
amok: as explained before, this is an extremely stupid suggestion for 3 reaosns -

1) This is in effect piracy which you are now publicly promoting on gOg's forums with all its implications

2) You are basically hurting the DRM free ethos, as you are suggesting people should abuse the fact that there is no control

3) The only company you are hurting with this is gOg, not Beamdog. This will have 0 impact on Beamdog, but gOg will suffer both financial loss and loss of reputation.

So go ahead with this if what you want to achieve is hurt gOg, as for Beamdog it will have no impact what-so-ever. Bradley, you are a very, very silly boy, and this scheme is stupidity in the extreme.
Too much fuss over practically nothing. As you see, despite my illustrious suggestion, everyone prefers to blow Beamdog's willy, instead. Seen any blue mentioning anything ever again? Or reported cases of the legal loophole i accidentally discovered by merely hypothesizing being actually used? No? Then all is well (for the talentless bastards who ruined an age old all time classic series and legally rob fans)!

Besides, me being me here with that presence and image, even if i happened to find the secret of eternal life itself and tried to share it freely, everybody would bury the post under a ton of downvotes! Not my loss, boss, since at least i myself already got what i wanted... But do keep in mind, ol' Bradley's ideas can truly work miracles, (even though only) in *certain* cases, he he... I didn't bypass an entire country's capital controls (so i could keep buying stuff here again) for nothing; that was "piracy" too, but gog members praised me for that, at that time. Strange double standards, to notice and say the least; even better, as i call it myself, "multiple layers of twisted standards of modern society and its eternal hypocrisy/pretending", or something like that...
Post edited May 16, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Two wrongs don't make a right.
low rated
Wurzelkraft: Two wrongs don't make a right.
True. Two wrongs make a left (wing).
amok: as explained before, this is an extremely stupid suggestion for 3 reaosns -

KiNgBrAdLeY7: Too much fuss over practically nothing. As you see, despite my illustrious suggestion, everyone prefers to blow Beamdog's willy, instead. Seen any blue mentioning anything ever again? Or reported cases of the legal loophole i accidentally discovered by merely hypothesizing being actually used? No? Then all is well (for the talentless bastards who ruined an age old all time classic series and legally rob fans)!

Besides, me being me here with that presence and image, even if i happened to find the secret of eternal life itself and tried to share it freely, everybody would bury the post under a ton of downvotes! Not my loss, boss, since at least i myself already got what i wanted... But do keep in mind, ol' Bradley's ideas can truly work miracles, (even though only) in *certain* cases, he he... I didn't bypass an entire country's capital controls (so i could keep buying stuff here again) for nothing; that was "piracy" too, but gog members praised me for that, at that time. Strange double standards, to notice and say the least; even better, as i call it myself, "multiple layers of twisted standards of modern society and its eternal hypocrisy/pretending", or something like that...
First off all, your loophole is illegal and only abuses the fact that this is DRM free.

Secondly, I have no idea why you want to punish gOg for this situation? (As explained before, the only company this will have an impact on will be gOg)

Thirdly, did you ever consider what the consequences would be if people listens to you? - 1) gOg would have a harder time convincing others to sell games here DRM free - 2) Beamdog may remove the classics as bonus, making the impossible to get at all - 3) otherpublishers will reconsider having any bonuses as it is being abuse by people like you.

What the check did you think of? Why not just pirate the game in the old fashioned way as you are used to, at least then you do not hurt a third party company (gOg)
amok: <snip>
Is there really a point in arguing?
The guy is a huge sack of douche and no matter how hard you squeeze, nothing good will ever come out.
low rated
amok: did you ever consider what the consequences would be if people listens to you?
But they actually DON'T. So, if i may ask once more, what is all the fuss about? Since no one listens to me and all...?

Smannesman: Is there really a point in arguing?
The guy is a huge sack of douche and no matter how hard you squeeze, nothing good will ever come out.
People change with time, son; time and interactions with other "humans", or humans... Unless you believe someone is exactly the same from birth to death and cannot change whatsoever, which defies logic, common sense and the law of constant evolution, which truth be said, it isn't corporeal exclusively...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Then all is well (for the talentless bastards who ruined an age old all time classic series and legally rob fans)!
'legally rob fans'? Fuck, Bradley, the hyperbole and bullshit's getting so deep, one needs a helicopter to keep above it.

KiNgBrAdLeY7: that was "piracy" too, but gog members praised me for that, at that time.
Really? Which ones?

I realize your passions run high when you have the perception you've somehow been wronged, and I tended to make allowances for that. But now... I'm starting to think you're actually delusional. Or just a gigantic douche. This 'legal loophole'* you've found is, once again, only hurting GOG.

*On a side note, I think there's a certain irony that you're willing to jump on and use a 'legal loophole' but would likely be the first one to go off on multiple rants if a big corporation did the same thing to gain an advantage.
low rated
GR00T: I realize your passions run high when you have the perception you've somehow been wronged
Don't misunderstand, as i said, i already refunded and WITHOUT this loophole (store credit). I wasn't "wronged" and i DIDN'T WRONG anyone, yet the FAKE ACCUSATIONS (like me being a douche) already appeared. I merely proposed a means (WHICH BY THE WAY NO-ONE EVEN USED ANYWAY) to the people who ARE wronged because they didn't have the chance to buy the game they needed and they now have to be FLEECED, plus take filler garbage (or simply a game they weren't looking for) inside their collection.

Do i have to spell out everything, each and every time? I posted all details in previous posts. Some people though care only about abstract commotion, joyful downvoting and "Bradley is a !@#$". I am a !@#$, but not 24/7 and not in everything i write about!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: yet the FAKE ACCUSATIONS (like me being a douche) already appeared. I
Mainly because you're acting like one.

KiNgBrAdLeY7: merely proposed a means (WHO NO-ONE EVEN USED ANYWAY)
And you know this hasn't been used - or won't be in the future... how?

KiNgBrAdLeY7: to the people who ARE wronged because they didn't have the chance to buy the game they needed and they now have to be FLEECED, plus take filler garbage (or simply a game they weren't looking for) inside their collection.
There are so many issues with this statement that it's difficult to know where to start. But let's just go from first to last:

1) NO ONE has been 'wronged'. They can still get the game if they want. And guess what: no one has the right to the games at a specific price or without having to grab it via a bundle, so no wrong has been committed.
2) No one needs the game(s). Games are not a need, they're a want. Huge difference. And, as a want, they're not necessary, not an inherent right, and must be bought on the terms offered by the seller/rights holder.
3) Fleeced: the game bundles cost $19.99 (the price I see in CDN currency). If the originals are such highly esteemed and desired classics as you say they are, are they not worth the price? If not, then maybe they're not so great? And if they aren't then why all the fuss? As well, if you don't like the price... wait for a sale.
4) Filler garbage: this is completely subjective, but if you don't want the extra stuff attached to the classics, guess what? Don't download them. Ignore them. Since it's a digital good, that take no space whatsoever in your home, they can be easily and totally ignored. Don't even want it on your game shelf? Then hide them, or have GOG remove them.
5) Still determined you don't want the bundle but still want the originals? As noted, there are several legal means of obtaining them elsewhere.
Post edited May 16, 2016 by GR00T
GR00T: I realize your passions run high when you have the perception you've somehow been wronged
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Don't misunderstand, as i said, i already refunded and WITHOUT this loophole (store credit). I wasn't "wronged" and i DIDN'T WRONG anyone, yet the FAKE ACCUSATIONS (like me being a douche) already appeared. I merely proposed a means (WHICH BY THE WAY NO-ONE EVEN USED ANYWAY) to the people who ARE wronged because they didn't have the chance to buy the game they needed and they now have to be FLEECED, plus take filler garbage (or simply a game they weren't looking for) inside their collection.

Do i have to spell out everything, each and every time? I posted all details in previous posts. Some people though care only about abstract commotion, joyful downvoting and "Bradley is a !@#$". I am a !@#$, but not 24/7 and not in everything i write about!
I'm sorry but the originals have been on sale in some form or another for how long now? 15-16 years? Saying someone didn't have the 'chance' to buy these when they've been available all this time is pretty laughable. Anybody that has even been remotely interesting in these titles have bought and owned them by now, some multiple times over. The people that have never heard of the series is not going to give a damn about purchasing EE, in fact they may probably prefer it anyway.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: joyful downvoting and "Bradley is a !@#$". I am a !@#$, but not 24/7 and not in everything i write about!
I'll just note here, that even though I don't agree with you and despise what you've proposed as a method to get the games for free: I only downvote spammers. So you get no negative vote from me, if that's a concern.