It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Unless they've temporarily removed references to Linux support?
Page still shows the penguin and the Linux requirements.
Grargar: Page still shows the penguin and the Linux requirements.
Exactly... =/

So well over a month later they're still selling a game with DRM on it.
SirPrimalform: Exactly... =/

So well over a month later they're still selling a game with DRM on it.
Eh, they've been doing so for over 2 years. What's a month more? :P
SirPrimalform: If I understand correctly, the Linux version hasn't been fixed yet? Can someone let me know when that changes so I can update the OP? Can't check any more as I don't own the game. :)
You can click on this link from time to time and check the date of the linux installer/tarball (currently 23 Jul 2014), as well as the changelog:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=602&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGH&ord=&flt=tcs~defcon~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=602&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGH&ord=&flt=tcs~defcon~&opt=[/url]

I shall try to remember to ping you when MaGog reports any change.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by mrkgnao
Grargar: Eh, they've been doing so for over 2 years. What's a month more? :P
Well the difference is that they got caught over a month ago.
mrkgnao: You can click on this link from time to time and check the date of the linux installer/tarball (currently 23 Jul 2014), as well as the changelog:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=602&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGH&ord=&flt=tcs~defcon~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=602&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGH&ord=&flt=tcs~defcon~&opt=[/url]

Thanks for the info!
Post edited August 04, 2015 by SirPrimalform
mrkgnao: You can click on this link from time to time and check the date of the linux installer/tarball (currently 23 Jul 2014), as well as the changelog:

MaGog to the rescue! Or should I say "mrkgnao and his trusty companion MaGog!"? MaGog seems to be the swiss army knife of GOG! :-D

BTW, how do you get info on every game on GOG? I was curious.

Would you mind posting on this thread too (if you remember to do so)? I too am interested on the game, just not under the previous (current?) terms. I will try to remember to check your link from time to time, too. Thank you.

Gede: MaGog to the rescue! Or should I say "mrkgnao and his trusty companion MaGog!"? MaGog seems to be the swiss army knife of GOG! :-D

BTW, how do you get info on every game on GOG? I was curious.

Would you mind posting on this thread too (if you remember to do so)? I too am interested on the game, just not under the previous (current?) terms. I will try to remember to check your link from time to time, too. Thank you.
I shall definitely try to remember to post here.

As for information about every game, see here.

Cheers.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by mrkgnao
GOG you dumb moffs. What were you thinking. :-P
mrkgnao: I shall definitely try to remember to post here.

As for information about every game, see here.

Cheers.
Thank you.

You know, I was hoping that you would own every game on GOG. :-)

I just wish there was a changelog for every game. Even if most of them would mention something like "Developer's update" or "GOG fixes". At least we would know what companies take maintenance seriously.
SirPrimalform:
Gede:
As part of the global change in linux installers (see here), the DEFCON Linux installer has also changed. I have no way of knowing whether the DRM has also changed.
Post edited August 11, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: As part of the global change in linux installers (see here), the DEFCON Linux installer has also changed. I have no way of knowing whether the DRM has also changed.
Anything in the changelog? There was a vague acknowledgement of the fix in the changelog for the Windows version when they removed the DRM. If there's nothing like that for the Linux version, chances are that only the installer changed.
Ciris: We've asked the developer to create a custom build for GOG in which this is prenatally fixed, unfortunately it will take some time for that to happen.
Windows and OSX got this fix quite some time ago now, any official word on the Linux version? Because until then, the Linux version is being sold with DRM...
Post edited August 11, 2015 by SirPrimalform
mrkgnao: As part of the global change in linux installers (see here), the DEFCON Linux installer has also changed. I have no way of knowing whether the DRM has also changed.
Thank you for breaking this news to me.

It is quite possible that GOG was delaying the update while they were finishing the new packaging system, and the schedule slipped --- as schedules often do.

SirPrimalform: Anything in the changelog?
I'm under the impression that mrkgnao does not own DEFCON, and therefore cannot access the details of the update (hence his last sentence). I no longer own it either, so I cannot check the changelog.

Maybe someone else chan check it? Or even better, some staff member can show up and try to bring some closure to this issue!
Gede: Thank you for breaking this news to me.

It is quite possible that GOG was delaying the update while they were finishing the new packaging system, and the schedule slipped --- as schedules often do.

SirPrimalform: Anything in the changelog?
Gede: I'm under the impression that mrkgnao does not own DEFCON, and therefore cannot access the details of the update (hence his last sentence). I no longer own it either, so I cannot check the changelog.

Maybe someone else chan check it? Or even better, some staff member can show up and try to bring some closure to this issue!
I do own the game and I can access changelogs for both games I own and those I do not.
The DEFCON changelog doesn't mention anything about a new DRM-free linux build.
My last sentence stems from my distrust of anything not checked by myself and I do not have a linux system to check it on.
BTW, you can view the changelogs for all games that have them, regardless of whether you own them, on MaGog.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I do own the game and I can access changelogs for both games I own and those I do not.
The DEFCON changelog doesn't mention anything about a new DRM-free linux build.
My last sentence stems from my distrust of anything not checked by myself and I do not have a linux system to check it on.
BTW, you can view the changelogs for all games that have them, regardless of whether you own them, on MaGog.
Oh, man! How many levels of wrong could I be? :-P
I'm glad you have set the record straight.
Gede: I'm under the impression that mrkgnao does not own DEFCON, and therefore cannot access the details of the update (hence his last sentence). I no longer own it either, so I cannot check the changelog.

I thought that perhaps with all those clever scripts mrkgnao has there might be some way of accessing that information without owning the game. Seems I was right, but he owns the game anyway! But I agree, I don't see any reason to believe it without verification from a Linux using owner of the game...