It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Every time there's a "Batman"-sale at Comixology (like this one: https://www.comixology.eu/comics-sale?list_id=26164 ) I'm thinking about buying a few of the comics - but until now every time in the end I didn't. But considering 2018 hasn't had that much good bundles for me to buy (until now) this time I could finally give in and really buy them. The problem is: I don't really know which ones! Any hints for someone who never read a "Batman" comic but knows the character pretty well through the films, the "Arkham" games and the "Gotham" TV series?

From looking through the sale and the price reductions my favourites right now are "Hush", "The Long Halloween" and four "Rebirth Deluxe Editions" (two "Batman" and two "Batman - Detective Comics"), because they seem to be complete stories, are massively reduced and have high ratings ...
Be careful with some of the collections, as there are regular and deluxe versions at the same price.

Year One and Dark Knight Returns are probably the two most loved Batman stories of all time, although everything has its detractors. They are my two favorite fwiw.

Ego Deluxe edition is a must buy, as is anything by Darwyn Cooke.

I’ve loved everything I’ve tried written by Tom King, so those deluxe editions of the first 32 rebirth issues should satisfy.

The 75th Anniversary books might be a good sampling of various eras of Batman, but I haven’t tried them.
Geddes17: Every time there's a "Batman"-sale at Comixology (like this one: https://www.comixology.eu/comics-sale?list_id=26164 )
I see they have Neal Adams' run in a three volume set.
Tempted to get those.
IMHO the best Batman stories and art by a considerable margin.
Thanks for the suggestions, although I'm still undecided. I'm pretty sure I'll buy "The Long Halloween" because the description really sounds intriguing and it's over 300 pages long. But other than that? Hmm ... I had considered "Year One" and "The Dark Knight Returns" but aren't that the comics that more or less inspired Christopher Nolans film trilogy? Because in that case I guess I would prefer something where I don't already know at least parts of the story.

Btw, I found out that some of the Batman comics are a little bit cheaper at amazon.de (Vol. 1 of Batman Rebirth is €4,99 instead of €5,49).

Man, I really wished there was something like isthereanydeal.com for comics (or is there?), with all those sales that would really come in handy to select the best offers ...
Post edited September 17, 2018 by Geddes17
Vulture15 codes saves $5 off a purchase of $15 or more, it should be good for some time (I think rest of year).

Edit: Seemingly US only, bummer...
Edit2: On Comixology, oddly I neglected to reference source.
Post edited September 21, 2018 by undeadcow
undeadcow: Vulture15 codes saves $5 off a purchase of $15 or more, it should be good for some time (I think rest of year).
Seems to be US only, unfortunately.
undeadcow: Vulture15 codes saves $5 off a purchase of $15 or more, it should be good for some time (I think rest of year).
Geddes17: Seems to be US only, unfortunately.
What is this for?
BullwinkleJ: What is this for?
I'm not sure what the original source for Vulture15 Comixology code (US only apparently) is; someone posted in on another forum. It does seem like the kind of thing it would be good to know where the code originated or what the purpose is but I'm in the dark here.
I didn't even know it was for Comixology, though, before the first response.

That's really what I was asking.
Humble has a Doctor Who Bundle, with man Doctors represented, but it seems kind of incomplete. It goes up to Vol. 4 for the 10th and 11th Doctors, for example, which only seems to go a little bit into Year 2 for both of them (You need to pay $18 to get those, FYI).

I grant you, I haven't looked into Doctor Who comics before this, so I'd love to hear what others think of this collection.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/doctor-who-comics-2018?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_2

You're right, the newer Doctors (10-12) aren't complete, but at least Year One (Vol. 1-3) is. So you can see the first volume from Year Two as kind of an appetizer. And although I haven't read any Titan "Doctor Who" comics yet I would imagine that like in the TV show it's mostly standalone stories anyway - I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. And the earlier Doctors and the crossover-events seem to be complete.

The good thing is that there is very little overlap with the last "Doctor Who Comics" HB which was 2014 and from IDW. Only the "archives" are IDW reprints so a few repeats are there but considering the many new to bundle comics that shouldn't be a problem. I know that I'm gonna pay the full $18 ...

P.S.: And if someone only wants full stories and isn't interested in reprints the $15 tier is a good opportunity - since the $18 only adds the "Vol. 4s", the archives, some wallpapers and an (exclusive) "First Doctor" reprint.

Edit: There has been another "Doctor Who comics" HB in 2016 which I didn't buy. So there's more overlap than I first thought ... This link shows what was in said bundle:
https://www.sliceofscifi.com/2016/10/28/titan-comics-doctor-who-humble-bundle/

Now I'm glad I didn't buy that 2016 bundle ...
Post edited September 27, 2018 by Geddes17
After I bought the current Humble Doctor Who Bundle (which ends tomorrow), a few additional infos:
The two Eleventh Doctor archives contain the complete series 2 and 3 of the IDW run (which was part of an earlier HB), while the Tenth Doctor archives are missing the final two volumes of the IDW run (which also was in said HB). And the exclusive "First Doctor" comic in the $18 tier is six (!) pages long so if that comic is the reason for someone (like me) to pay $18 instead of $15 - well, you better think twice about it ...

Still, it's nice to have the IDW comics in bigger volumes now.
Humble Comics Bundle: Tank Girl 30th Anniversary by Titan:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/tank-girl-30th-anniversary?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

Some overlap to the last "Tank Girl" bundle but this one seems to offer much more value. Since I only bought the $1 tier last time I'm considering now to pay the full $15. Although I probably should read one of the $1 comics first to see if I like "Tank Girl" at all ...
Groupees wrote in their newsletter : "Valiant Entertainment Bundle
Coming next week, we have a new bundle containing most of Valiant Entertainment's repertoire with more than 100 comics inside! Definitely a bundle that comic fans shouldn't miss."

So there's something to look forward to, unless it's all repeats of previous bundles.
eladz: Groupees wrote in their newsletter : "Valiant Entertainment Bundle
Coming next week, we have a new bundle containing most of Valiant Entertainment's repertoire with more than 100 comics inside! Definitely a bundle that comic fans shouldn't miss."

So there's something to look forward to, unless it's all repeats of previous bundles.
Considering the various Humble Valiant Bundles there are gonna be lots of repeats for sure. But if the price is right and there's enough new-to-bundle comics it could still be very interesting. And the more so of course for those who didn't buy the Humble Bundles ...