It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Check our Kickstarter Campaign

Aurora: The Lost Medallion is a classic, 2D, point & click adventure game, about an alien girl and her quest to find her purpose in life. The game blends sci-fi and fantasy, comedy and drama as well as old-school and modern game design, to provide a brain-teasing and heart-warming experience for players of all ages and tastes. This is the first part of Aurora's journey. There will be 3 more episodes after this, to conclude this epic quadrillogy.

The story takes place in the Trappist-1 planetary system, approximately 39 light years away from Earth. Below the frozen surface of planet Eedor, a group of children have spent their entire lives in the safe confines of a technologically advanced cave, raised by artificially intelligent robots. Without knowledge of their origins and only a voice recording to guide them, the kids devote their lives to the maintenance of their underground society and the preparation for the “Pilgrimage”, a recurring journey through the frozen wastes of Eedor, to the top of a hollow mountain. There they wait, under the dancing colors of the auroras, for a message that never comes.

The game will take us through the strange community of the children and out into the wild landscape of Eedor. We will follow the story of Aurora and her pet Neemo, as they unwillingly unravel the secrets of the Cave, its absent Architect and the enigmatic, yet silent “Voices”.

Key features:

Classic point & click adventure gameplay
More than 5000 lines of detailed backstory
Elegant blending of plot and puzzles
Coherent and engaging gameplay
Hand-drawn art
Original Soundtrack

Thank you all
Attachments:
Well, a new month means a new entry in my Kickstarter review series. It's been pretty quiet in this thread, so be sure to give it a look if you're itching for a campaign to support this month. As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, so don't be shy!
For anyone who’s into the Civilization games, Christopher Tin (composer of ‘Baba Yetu’) is crowdfunding for a new album based around the theme to Civ VI. It’s already funded, but there are stretch goals coming up.
Tekkaman-James: Well, a new month means a new entry in my Kickstarter review series. It's been pretty quiet in this thread, so be sure to give it a look if you're itching for a campaign to support this month. As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, so don't be shy!
I have only glanced at your article by now, but, a kickstarter for paying other people to play your games for you...
And another one where the dev's main concern about developing his copyright-infringing game is the high cost of electricity...
Can't make that stuff up... :D
WildHobgoblin: Can't make that stuff up... :D
Hahaha! I know, right? Every month, I think I'm not going to find perfect examples for those two links and, every month, these stooges prove me wrong. XD
A classic real-time strategy game with an epic single player campaign, multiplayer & coop, set in the alternate reality of 1920+:
Iron Harvest by the same creators of Battle Worlds: Kronos and The Book of Unwritten Tales
Post edited March 15, 2018 by gandalfnho
gandalfnho: A classic real-time strategy game with an epic single player campaign, multiplayer & coop, set in the alternate reality of 1920+:
Iron Harvest by the same creators of Battle Worlds: Kronos and The Book of Unwritten Tales
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_iron_harvest_4fae2
It's pretty surprising that GOG is throwing it's support on games that haven't even been made yet. Considering that the System Shock remake has been derailed, I would have expected them to be a bit gun-shy about planting their flag on a Kickstarter campaign so soon.
Just announced for Kickstarter, Oddworld: Abe's Origins.

Oddworld Inhabitants is partnering with the company Indie By Design to publish an all new art book that showcases previously unseen concept art. LImited Run Games is also on board and will produce a special physical release entitled Oddworld: Abe's Origins Game Collection-- a DVD bundling the first two Oddworld titles on one disc (i.e., Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exodus). According to the Kickstarter, the game collection will be DRM-free will also include digital download codes (no mention of storefront yet for the download codes).

Check it out!
Post edited March 20, 2018 by astroclay
So, this is already being discussed in the subforum, but it would be silly not to also link to it in this thread:

Myst 25th Anniversary Collection

This project is full of amazing news and rewards. To start, Cyan have FINALLY gotten the rights back for Myst III: Exiles and Myst IV: Revelation! They're also working with the fine folks here at GOG to get all seven games running on modern operating systems! If all of that wasn't awesome enough, they are creating some incredible physical goodies including a real Linking Book which houses all seven games on DVD as well as an LCD screen that displays the different ages just like the book in the game does. The book also houses a special USB stick that contains some secret digital extras. For the super-fans, they are even creating replicas of Gehn's inkwell and pen as seen in Riven.

For the Kickstarter / hardcore supports of Cyan, there are some amazing rewards to claim in this campaign. For everyone else, simply revel in the knowledge that all seven Myst games will soon be playable on modern OS and will all be available right here on GOG. This is definitely an anniversary to remember!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/321671189/afraid-project

A game from the creator of Unepic.

AFRAID Project is a simulator of non-profits that work in Africa. The more you advance in the game, the more money you paid for it is given to non-profits that do the same actions in the real world.

Join us on this trip. Become part of the AFRICAN AID (AFR-AID) team. With your help, we'll create a game that will let gamers have fun and, at the same time, will let them make the world a better place.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106061903/backbone-pixel-art-detective-adventure-inspired-by

Backbone — pixel art detective adventure inspired by noir
- Unfold the mysteries of dystopian animal society inhabiting retrofuturistic Vancouver.

Backbone is a pixel art cinematic adventure with stealth and action elements. As private investigator Howard Lotor, you are set to solve detective cases, interrogate witnesses, explore the intriguing and dangerous world around you, and sneak your way to safety using smell-based stealth mechanics.

Backbone combines the visual and social contrasts of film noir with anthropomorphic animals, retrofuturistic technologies, and dystopian fiction. Crawl through the dark alleys of pixelated Vancouver, and experience the impactful storyline focused on themes of power and prejudice.
kbnrylaec: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106061903/backbone-pixel-art-detective-adventure-inspired-by

Backbone — pixel art detective adventure inspired by noir
- Unfold the mysteries of dystopian animal society inhabiting retrofuturistic Vancouver.
The game looks amazing.
Unfortunately, they won't confirm DRM-free.

EDIT: And NOW they've confirmed DRM-free. Yippee ( :
Post edited April 30, 2018 by FrodoBaggins
An isometric, party-based, real-time with pause RPG in a world infested by greed and envy.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

Non-linear single/multiplayer survival game.
Jaws of Extinction [Reboot]
Final Equinox: The Arrival a science fiction CRPG with turn-based tactical space combat. $10 gets you a digital copy (dev is hoping to release on GOG and Humble).
Post edited June 04, 2018 by daveyd