It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rgnrk: <span class="bold">STELLIUM</span>

"STELLIUM is a resource-management strategy game with the look and feel of a traditional point-and-click adventure. You play as the director of a mining colony on a distant planet, holding out in the face of dwindling supplies and a deadly, invisible threat.

The tactical decisions you make over your 160 days in command will determine whether you or any of your colleagues make it out alive."

It's from the guys that did Kelvin &amp; The Infamous Machine, a nice point & click adventure game that I backed back then. It is drm-free on HumbleBundle (it was probably rejected by GOG). They offer drm-free with this one too.
Thanks for this one! I hope that they can achieve their goal on Kickstarter. Less than 1000 dollars pledged so far, so they need a lot of support before the campaign ends.

I'm glad that Kelvin & The Infamous Machine is DRM-free. The graphics and the animation on the game are not good but the game sure looks fun.
Thanks for the heads-up, backed!

Pity that they only offer their previous game as a Steam key, otherwise I would've pledged a higher tier...
ATOM RPG

The deterioration in relations between Eastern and Western blocs in the 1979 has led to a full-blown Armageddon between nuclear powers in the year 1986. The War was swift, devastating and brutal… The fact that humanity persevered was miraculous.

Nineteen years have passed and it’s 2005. Both once great Empires and their allies now lie in ruins, but on top of those ruins new civilizations are slowly emerging...

This story takes place on a small patch of land in the south part of the USSR where you take the role of an undercover operative from a secret bunker society called ATOM... Your mission is to find any traces of an expedition that recently stopped contacting the main base...
Expected release in February of 2018 for Windows / Mac / Linux. All backers will receive both a DRM free version and a Steam key.

Edit: I should mention that there is a playable demo available on the KS page for all three platforms. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I'm pretty impressed that they have a Linux/Max demo.
Post edited May 10, 2017 by hummer010
Found another Kickstarter with a working demo for Windows/Mac/Linux:

<span class="bold">Forsaken Castle</span>
Forsaken Castle is a 16-bit style, action exploration platformer, about a paladin and her fight against evil. Inspired by classic metroidvania games, you will discover new abilities, fight deadly creatures, and explore a handcrafted world created in a retro pixel art style.

· Platforms: Windows / Mac / Linux (stretch goals for PS4 and Nintendo Switch)
· Number of Players: Single-player
· Controller Support: Yes
· Release Date: October 2017
· Average Game Length: 6 hours
Already funded with a couple of stretch goals achieved and still 13 days to go. They promise a Steam key plus a DRM-free version on GOG, itch.io and Humble.
Just wanted to give a little shout-out to Minotaur, which is approaching the final two days of pledging now.
It's a VN/point 'n click adventure hybrid, and will be released drm-free for Mac and Windows.
Looks really promising afaic, cyberpunk setting in a rather fleshed out world (there's some info on the dev's website), has several playable characters that may or may not die during the course of the game ;)
It's got a playable and rather polished (albeit short) demo, so just check it out if interested :)
WildHobgoblin: Just wanted to give a little shout-out to Minotaur, which is approaching the final two days of pledging now.
It's a VN/point 'n click adventure hybrid, and will be released drm-free for Mac and Windows.
Looks really promising afaic, cyberpunk setting in a rather fleshed out world (there's some info on the dev's website), has several playable characters that may or may not die during the course of the game ;)
It's got a playable and rather polished (albeit short) demo, so just check it out if interested :)
It looks awesome. Thanks for mentioning it.
I'm curious though... why are they not offering Linux version if the engine they are using (Visionaire Studio) has Linux support? It doesn't make any sense.
Michiduta: It looks awesome. Thanks for mentioning it.
I'm curious though... why are they not offering Linux version if the engine they are using (Visionaire Studio) has Linux support? It doesn't make any sense.
Glad you like it :)
I have no idea why they won't release a Linux version... In the FAQ they mention that a Linux version is "highly probable", but they won't commit to it at this point. I really don't know how much additional work would be necessary for that to happen, or what other reason they might have (although I'm generally in favor of underpromising rather than the other way round).
I can ask, if you want me to?
WildHobgoblin: Glad you like it :)
In the FAQ they mention that a Linux version is "highly probable", but they won't commit to it at this point. I really don't know how much additional work would be necessary for that to happen, or what other reason they might have (although I'm generally in favor of underpromising rather than the other way round).
I can ask, if you want me to?
An video game codebase is not only game engine. There are much much more possibility.
Modern games use a lot of different middleware, OS-specific function/API/library, so saying "highly probable" is reasonable and honest.

Using multi-platform game engine do not guarantee a multi-platform game.
Several ex-Lionhead developers have launched a game known as Kynseed on Kickstarter.

The game is a top down RPG that has elements of Fable, Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, and Stardew Valley.

The are seeking $38,740 and are currently at $28,391. 17 days remain.

There is a prototype demo available.

The lowest pledge is $9 and nets you the full version of the game. They are not doing an exclusive items.

EDIT: They are planning on releasing a DRM free version on GOG.

Below is the summary from the Kickstarter page:

"Spend your days adventuring, farming the land while raising your family, or even running your own tavern, apothecary, blacksmiths or goods store.

Every person and domestic animal you meet remembers what you do, or fail to do.

You can step off The Path into the darker areas of Quill and encounter faery tale monsters and enticing mysteries.

The seasons will pass and living things will grow old and die. Faces from the past are replaced by the fresh young faces of new life.

And when you die of old age yourself, you will pass your family tree's Kynseed on to your children so that they may continue your bloodline and shape their own legacy.

Choose male or female and get to know the inhabitants of the land and be involved in friendships, romance, marriage and putting your family to work on the cheap.

Kynseed is a 2D sandbox adventure from veterans of Lionhead Studios’ Fable series. Drawing from years of experience crafting the iconic Fable titles, we aim to deliver an all-new quirky RPG filled to the brim with mystery, exploration, awful puns, and sandbox possibilities.

While invoking the spirit of past Fable games, Kynseed is infused with our own ideas and a mix of British folklore, ancient legend, and rustic traditions. We hope to capture these inspirations in an atmospheric world with whimsy, humour, and eccentricity, and not a single orc or high elf in sight.

You have grown up in your parent's idyllic farm in The Vale, a peaceful valley in the faery tale land of Quill. In time, you meet the mysterious Mr Fairweather, who offers you a mystical acorn called the Kynseed. Once planted, it will grow a magical family tree.

But such a gift does not come without a price.

Will your name be carved on the walls of history or scrawled on the walls of the pub outhouse?"
Post edited May 16, 2017 by auroraparadox
high rated
"Ash of Gods", a VERY and in some aspects even better (from the looks of it) Banner Saga-like from russian developer AurumDust:
kickstarter.com/projects/aurumdust/ash-of-gods

youtube.com/watch?v=KT2KhYN7DnE
youtube.com/watch?v=UEFcGABNBvE

"Blasphemous", a 2D side-scrolling Souls-like platformer from spanish developer The Game Kitchen:
kickstarter.com/projects/828401966/blasphemous-dark-and-brutal-2d-non-linear-platform

youtube.com/watch?v=pyskUorhheg
AlErst: "Ash of Gods", a VERY and in some aspects even better (from the looks of it) Banner Saga-like from russian developer AurumDust:
kickstarter.com/projects/aurumdust/ash-of-gods

youtube.com/watch?v=KT2KhYN7DnE
youtube.com/watch?v=UEFcGABNBvE

"Blasphemous", a 2D side-scrolling Souls-like platformer from spanish developer The Game Kitchen:
kickstarter.com/projects/828401966/blasphemous-dark-and-brutal-2d-non-linear-platform

youtube.com/watch?v=pyskUorhheg
Blasphemous looks really sweet. And the game will definitely arrive on GOG (since the publisher has their other games here and promised a GOG release) :)
"Back From Hell" is a point & click adventure with ARPG elements. Developer is making their 2nd attempt to get funded on Kickstarter
StarFlint is also back for a second go around.

A comedy cosmic space point and click adventure. Lucas Arts style and mature game!
Hey, everyone! My monthly Kickstarter review series is back for the month of June! I had to give May a miss due to some personal issues, but I am back with a bang! Some of these campaigns have been mentioned here in this thread, but I hope you will still find something new and worthy of your support. If you like what you see (or, even if you don't), I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks! ^_^
Tekkaman-James: Some of these campaigns have been mentioned here in this thread, but I hope you will still find something new and worthy of your support.
Indeed I have! Didn't know about Savage: Road to Darkness, and I just backed it upon sight. Thanks for the discovery! :)