It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: The campaign is live!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>

Obviously, this one is going to be coming to GOG. :P
Just backed

And backed. Even though I haven't gotten around to playing D:OS yet. :)
IAmSinistar: And backed. Even though I haven't gotten around to playing D:OS yet. :)
Heh. Me either. In fact, I hadn't even bought it yet.
I was glad to see the reward tier that includes the first one.
Now, I can basically get them both for the price of one!
I backed Original Sin 2; even though I also haven't gotten to the first Original Sin yet... and am not sure my system will play it. A sucker born ever minute...

IAmSinistar: And backed. Even though I haven't gotten around to playing D:OS yet. :)
Yep, lucky I did not too as they announce they will upgrade D:OS to the enhance edition for free with much improvement.
Gnostic: Yep, lucky I did not too as they announce they will upgrade D:OS to the enhance edition for free with much improvement.
Cool. Good ol' Larian.
Can you feel the thunder inside?

<span class="bold">Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs: The Video Game</span> - A side-scrolling action platformer based on a lesser known 80's cartoon.

While I saw a couple episodes of this show as a kid, it was never one that I went out of my way to watch. It wasn't until more recent years when I rediscovered the show thanks to it's incredibad opening intro song that I became a fan. For the moment, the game is only available via Steam or 3DS eShop. I have sent them a message to see if DRM-Free is a possibility, but I think this one might be tricky due to it being a licensed game. Still, I am hopeful.

In addition, they have stretch goals to also release the game on PS4, XBone, Wii U, Dreamcast, PC-Engine (Turbo Duo) and Super Nintendo. If that wasn't enough, they're also aiming to release an amiibo. I would have thought this impossible prior to yesterday's announcement of the Shovel Knight amiibo, so that has me very intrigued!

In other news:

The September edition of Have you seen this Kickstarter? on Geeks With Wives is now live! Give it a read if you have a chance!
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs: The Video Game</span> - A side-scrolling action platformer based on a lesser known 80's cartoon.
Oh yes, the sentai anime series. Never really got into it either. In fact, when you first mentioned it I pictured BraveStarr, which is a different sci-fi western cartoon from the 80s. I don't have enough nostalgia of this one to back it, but if they do a Silverhawks game, I'm there. :)
Post edited August 28, 2015 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Oh yes, the sentai anime series. Never really got into it either. In fact, when you first mentioned it I pictured BraveStarr, which is a different sci-fi western cartoon from the 80s. I don't have enough nostalgia of this one to back it, but if they do a Silverhawks game, I'm there. :)
I am definitely a bigger fan of BraveStarr and a WAY bigger fan of Silverhawks, but I am still giving them my support on principle. Their license for the series is dependent on the success of this campaign. If they don't make their goal, the rights will expire and they will lose their opportunity to make this game a reality. I don't want to see that happen.

It reminds me of the Kickstarter for <span class="bold">The Mysterious Cities of Gold: The Video Game</span>; a lesser-known anime from the 80's with a decent global appeal being made into a game predominantly for Nintendo consoles. That campaign was a big success, so I have my hopes that the campaign for Saber Rider will do well also.

I just can't justify backing this one. I'm still waiting on the Linux version from the first campaign.
Tekkaman-James: I am definitely a bigger fan of BraveStarr and a WAY bigger fan of Silverhawks, but I am still giving them my support on principle. Their license for the series is dependent on the success of this campaign. If they don't make their goal, the rights will expire and they will lose their opportunity to make this game a reality. I don't want to see that happen.
I think it's cool they are doing this, and it's a great idea to put it in the hands of the fans for a revival. I just back way too many projects already and need to impose some criterion for myself. I do hope they make goal though!

Regardless, I will come a'runnin' at the cry of "TALLYHAAAAAWK!!!" :D
Hey, just wondering, how do you guys keep track of your backed campaigns? They send updates, but I don't care about "here's a new design image" or "we're about to work on that feature", all I want to know is "your game is ready, here you go; now you can start playing". I can't be bothered to keep up with each game I've backed.

I've gone check my KS account on account of the free wasteland for the bard's tale campaign, and went over my campaings. I had forgotten that the Mandate or Pale Blue were supposed to have come out by now, but they are still working on them it would seem, and Chaos Reborn appears to have the single player campaign up on steam but it shows as early acces. It's giving me a headache. I'm seriously considering to not back anything that isn't somewhat confirmed for GOG because that way at least I won't miss its release.

I'm kinda missing a "project status" section or some kind of important updates (of the "yo, game's out!" type) that would let me know exactly how my games are doing quickly. I think I'm going to add something of the sort to the backlog of my site, actually.
P1na: Hey, just wondering, how do you guys keep track of your backed campaigns? They send updates, but I don't care about "here's a new design image" or "we're about to work on that feature", all I want to know is "your game is ready, here you go; now you can start playing". I can't be bothered to keep up with each game I've backed.

I've gone check my KS account on account of the free wasteland for the bard's tale campaign, and went over my campaings. I had forgotten that the Mandate or Pale Blue were supposed to have come out by now, but they are still working on them it would seem, and Chaos Reborn appears to have the single player campaign up on steam but it shows as early acces. It's giving me a headache. I'm seriously considering to not back anything that isn't somewhat confirmed for GOG because that way at least I won't miss its release.

I'm kinda missing a "project status" section or some kind of important updates (of the "yo, game's out!" type) that would let me know exactly how my games are doing quickly. I think I'm going to add something of the sort to the backlog of my site, actually.
I don't...... too much to track.

I usually manage my project when I heard that it is released. I will miss nothing even if I don't know a project is released for a while, since there are bound to be bugs.
Gnostic: I don't...... too much to track.

I usually manage my project when I heard that it is released. I will miss nothing even if I don't know a project is released for a while, since there are bound to be bugs.
Yup, that sounds like a familiar story. Which reminds me, I probably should give war for the overworld a try one of these days.
How many projects have you guys backed? :D

I'm sometimes checking the updates and my mails of course. So when the game's out, I'll know. Currently three "older" games I'm waiting for, with BTIV and D:OSII being recent/still on-going.