It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gnostic: Alas that's the fate of most multiplayer focus games. I backed that don't have much hope since investment in a multiplayer games quickly goes poof as the player base dwindled. The only successful multiplayer focus game I see has the marketing strength of Blizzard / EA / Valve etc.
IAmSinistar: Ah, that's explains the uphill battle. I didn't realise until you two pointed it out that it's purely a multiplayer game. I had thought it was a single/multi hybrid. I'm personally less concerned now that it won't make, since I don't do much multiplay. Though still a shame to see a potentially good game not make.
I contacted them and the features list has been updated to clarify things. Apparently the multiplayer-only aspect is just a temporary state to get the game into players' hands sooner while they work on skirmish AI and a campaign.
Less than 6 days to go for Red Ash:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/description

I messaged them about a DRM-free version, since nothing was mentioned in the description, and they have replied that they do intend to produce a DRM-free version.
SCPM: Less than 6 days to go for Red Ash:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/description

I messaged them about a DRM-free version, since nothing was mentioned in the description, and they have replied that they do intend to produce a DRM-free version.
That project looks like it's in dire straits. They could still pull through, but it's going to be a nail-biter.

thejimz: That project looks like it's in dire straits. They could still pull through, but it's going to be a nail-biter.
They split their fans money for kickstarting a movie for the game in conjunction with the game. And there's after a series of big kickstarter so understandably the kickstarter money will be low for the month till the next payday.
Gnostic: They split their fans money for kickstarting a movie for the game in conjunction with the game. And there's after a series of big kickstarter so understandably the kickstarter money will be low for the month till the next payday.
Good points. It's a case study in how not to do a Kickstarter.
IAmSinistar: That does look really nice. But I'm not splitting my backing these days and tend to just stick to KS. I have done IGG in the past, though. Any word if this release is DRM-free?
Yes, they plan to release on gog too.
ssokolow: I contacted them and the features list has been updated to clarify things. Apparently the multiplayer-only aspect is just a temporary state to get the game into players' hands sooner while they work on skirmish AI and a campaign.
Thanks for the follow-up, that's good to know. Then my backing won't be wasted if it makes.

Thanks for that, I'll check out the project and see if I want to throw some cash at it then.

ejiki: Yes, they plan to release on gog too.
Excellent! Then I can hopefully back them here with a regular purchase. I'll take another look at their campaign as well, maybe I'll suspend my "one crowdfunding site only" rule for them. :)
Here's a great-looking 2-D platformer in the vein of Sonic the Hedgehog: <span class="bold">Spark the Electric Jester</span>

Gnostic: They split their fans' money for kickstarting a movie for the game in conjunction with the game. And that's after a series of big kickstarters, so understandably the kickstarter money will be low for the month until the next payday.
These are definitely excellent points. Additionally, Mighty No. 9 isn't out for another month and a half. Most people in the Kickstarter community consider it bad form to start a new campaign before you've made good on your previous one. Granted, the game will be out very soon, but they still should have waited.
Tekkaman-James: Here's a great-looking 2-D platformer in the vein of Sonic the Hedgehog: <span class="bold">Spark the Electric Jester</span>
Backed! I love me some Sonic-style gameplay. :)
thejimz: That project looks like it's in dire straits. They could still pull through, but it's going to be a nail-biter.
Gnostic: They split their fans money for kickstarting a movie for the game in conjunction with the game. And there's after a series of big kickstarter so understandably the kickstarter money will be low for the month till the next payday.
They didn't offer the full game until two weeks into the campaign. Before that, the project was just for the first episode.

What's worse, the full game cost $49 on Jul 17 and $79 right now. So all those people who decided not to back for a single episode and weren't following the campaign to hear the news on time now know they'll be getting a notably shittier deal if they do back. And the goal didn't change, so the devs' attempt to make a full game on a one-chapter budget are suspect -- it might fizzle out as episodic games which count on a regular stream of income tend to.

Starmaker: Looks awesome. Unfortunately I can't kickstarter, but the moment they open paypal donations, I'll be there.
genkicolleen: I was disappointed that they don't take Paypal, but it's pretty cool that they don't take any money from you unless the project gets fully-funded.

Did you at least vote for them on Greenlight? Even if you don't use Steam, it will help out the devs to get those thumbs-up!
Of course I did.
It's understandable that they don't want to split the money streams -- otherwise a number of people who can pledge on kickstarter will choose paypal anyway. I hope they'll open paypal after reaching the goal (it's a very small goal for such a high-production-value project, after all).
Starmaker: What's worse, the full game cost $49 on Jul 17 and $79 right now. So all those people who decided not to back for a single episode and weren't following the campaign to hear the news on time now know they'll be getting a notably shittier deal if they do back.
What?!? That is ridiculous! Very few games are worth $80 and I can't see how a 16-hour game (4 for prologue, 12 for main) could possibly be worth that price. Sorry, Comcept, but you've lost any support you might have gotten from me on Red Ash! Better luck next time!
Not a computer game, but still interesting: A <span class="bold">card game inspired by Tarot</span> and made by the author of the 'Weregeek' webcomic.
Ooh! This one looks interesting. And I love the backstory!

<span class="bold">SnarfQuest Tales</span> - An episodic point-and-click games based on the popular SnarfQuest comics by Larry Elmore.

Back in the 1980's, Dragon Magazine (the official magazine for everything Dungeons & Dragons) published a black-and-white comic strip in each issue from 1983 to 1989. The strip, SnarfQuest, was created and drawn by Larry Elmore, the man who (among other things) created the iconic "Red Box" artwork for the original Dungeons & Dragons Base Set. The character and his adventures were very well received and inspired an RPG Sourcebook, a card game, and pewter miniatures. Elmore revived the character in 2000 and again in 2011, both times in full-color. Last year, he even ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to produce a book collecting Snarf's stories.

Now, a group of indie game developers, led by a long-time SnarfQuest fan, have decided that they are going to bring the world of SnarfQuest to life in an episodic point-and-click adventure game. They have the full backing of Larry Elmore and are even offering a playable demo of the game. According to the campaign, it will be available via Steam and GOG. They will even be offering a DRM-Free physical copy once all five episodes are complete that will come in a box inspired by Elmore's famous "Red Box" D&D Base Set.
Hey, everyone!

The <span class="bold">August 2015</span> entry in my Kickstarter video game article series on Geeks With Wives is now live!

Give it a look, show some support, and let me know what you think! ^_^
IAmSinistar: Excellent! Then I can hopefully back them here with a regular purchase. I'll take another look at their campaign as well, maybe I'll suspend my "one crowdfunding site only" rule for them. :)
Now they started campaign at kickstarter too! (I'm unsure - is it legit to collect funds at two sites at a time?)