It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

triock: Edge Of Eternity
Tekkaman-James: ...

The game will be coming to GOG and will be compatible with PC, Mac and Linux (as well as PS4 and XBone). It will also have music provided by Yasunori Mitsuda, composer for Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga, and many others. Help to make this gorgeous indie game into the Final Fantasy game that FF13 should have been! JRPG fans, unite! ^_^
Oh my, this is the first I've heard of this. Sounds awesome. To me Mitsuda > Uematsu as a game composer (I duck as I prepare for Uematsu fans to throw things at me).

Also, as far as other Kickstarter games go, the main one I'm waiting on is Cosmic Star Heroine. (already successfully funded more than a year ago)
karnak1: - "Yes, absolutely, there will be a GOG and Orion version of the game if you are not comfortable with Steam."
Tekkaman-James: Their FAQ mentions GOG as a distribution channel, but I can appreciate your skepticism. I have sent them a message to attempt to get further confirmation from the devs on the matter. I will let you know if they get back to me.
Quite so. Anyone can say they will provide a GOG key, but I don't know that GOG ever grants acceptance to a game before it's finished. But if they have in this case and the devs can provide proof of that, I'd be very interested in hearing so.

It does look like a good game, and whether I back it or not I'd still be likely to pick it up on GOG should it appear it.
Games that end soon and need some more love:

Unraveled: Tale of the Shipbreaker's Daughter- Adventure RPG - 53 hours to go and currently at $6,883 of $15,000.

Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire - Turn-Based Tactics RPG - 23 hours to go and currently at AUD 61,478 of 68,000.
IAmSinistar: Anyone can say they will provide a GOG key, but I don't know that GOG ever grants acceptance to a game before it's finished. But if they have in this case and the devs can provide proof of that, I'd be very interested in hearing so.
The devs replied to my message yesterday and, alas, they cannot guarantee that the game will come to GOG. They did say that they want the game to come here and will do their part to try to make it happen. So, GOG willing, we could see it here upon its release.
Tekkaman-James: The devs replied to my message yesterday and, alas, they cannot guarantee that the game will come to GOG. They did say that they want the game to come here and will do their part to try to make it happen. So, GOG willing, we could see it here upon its release.
Thanks, that's what I expected. Naturally I am happy to see a number of devs targeting GOG specifically. It shows the DRM-free message is reaching them.

ET3D: Unraveled: Tale of the Shipbreaker's Daughter- Adventure RPG - 53 hours to go and currently at $6,883 of $15,000.

Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire - Turn-Based Tactics RPG - 23 hours to go and currently at AUD 61,478 of 68,000.
I boosted my pledges on both of these recently, would really like to see them make.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by IAmSinistar
Enemy has recently been launched.
Unfortunately, on Steam only. :(

I really liked the concept of the game when it was still being backed.
I wonder if the game will ever become DRM-free. I recently wrote a message to the developer asking exactly that. Let's hope he'll answer favorably.

EDIT:
Just got a reply from Tom, the creator of the game (it's a one-man game). He seems like a really nice guy.
He told me that he didn't know about GOG but that he has no problem in a DRM-free approach to his game. To him, Steam seemed like the most basic approach at the time.

I told him about GOG and urged him to get in touch with the GOG staff and submit his game. I hope he follows my advice.

Meanwhile, here's the wishlist for the game.

To those who like tactical strategy games I really suggest you take a look into the game. It's like X-Com, but with a nice 3D retro look and a cool physics engine.
Post edited March 21, 2015 by karnak1
From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years!

How the Commodore Amiga helped influence a generation of Developers to take Video Gaming to a whole new level!

Documentary film on the impact of the Amiga on gaming. Already funded, with a week left to get in on backer deals if you are interested.
Westward Dystopia - A Post-Apocalyptic Gamebook

This appears to be the place on GOG to talk kickstarter! I'm a long-time GOG-er and Kickstarter supporter, and it's finally come time for me to put out my own project! I have recently completed writing my first gamebook Westward Dystopia in a planned series of post-apocalyptic gamebooks! The book is available on Android phones and tablets right now and a Kickstarter has just begun for a print and ebook version!

Some highlights from the Kickstarter:

Original Art by Fighting Fantasy veteran artist Tony Hough and David White!

Open-ended design featuring numerous options for progression with six vastly differing endings (and one secret ending): Westward Dystopia was designed from the ground up to encourage exploration and multiple playthroughs. At over 120 thousand words in length, this gamebook is a full-length novel!

Storyline and character-oriented older teen/adult-level prose: Combat takes a back seat to choice and exploration. Many combats can be avoided entirely through the right choices.

Fight, assist, or bypass several unique Wasteland dwellers. But beware! Your actions and choices may have consequences down the road!

Join a powerful mutant tribe or seek vengeance? Will you join forces with a brutal tribal faction and attempt to steer them towards a better future? Will you instead wreak havoc upon them in repayment for their misdeeds? Or perhaps you could sneak by them entirely, realizing your goals with a minimum of bloodshed?

Simple combat rules using easy-to-learn RPG stats and standard six-sided dice. Use pre-rolled character archetypes or roll your own!

Upgrade your weapons and armor. Uncover stashes of gold and barter for medical kits and survival supplies at the open market.

Achievements are hidden throughout the book! A convenient check-list is included to let you know what you may have missed during your first playthrough!

Post-apocalyptic world with sci-fi and fantasy elements! Westward Dystopia features light fantasy elements and some sci-fi styled scenes. Hundreds of years of mutations and evolution have created rare mutants possessing control over the elements, including limited pyrokinesis!

The adventure continues in Books 2 and 3! A sequel and a prequel, both volumes are being written simultaneously and are nearing 50% completion of the first draft.

Westward Dystopia is the first volume of a planned series of interactive fiction gamebooks set in the post-apocalyptic world of tomorrow. Centuries ago a terrible war laid waste to humanity, irradiating the globe and changing the lives of those who would survive forever. This event came to be known as The Razing, and the specifics regarding its provenance have passed from history into the fickle realms of myth and legend. You are an artifact hunter burdened under the weight of an unhappy past. You came of age while living in one of the few isolated cities left in the Wasteland--the technological marvel that is the city of Root. You were betrayed by your homeland and you fled, seeking solace in the pursuit of wires and gears unearthed with some hardship from a seemingly inexhaustible treasure trove. The wastes abound with secrets to uncover, but your time has nearly run out. History may be repeating itself. Some secrets should remain buried, while others are necessary to humankind's continued survival!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and check out the Kickstarter for more information, preview pages, and even more artwork! Once you have the book in your hands or on your device of choice, I hope you will come back here to discuss it!

Westward Dystopia - A Post-Apocalyptic Gamebook
Post edited March 21, 2015 by jeffreydean1
Gonchi: Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders, point-and-click murder mystery set in ancient China.

Wishlist entry.
It's already the final days of the Kickstarter for GoG-bound game Detective Di: The silk Rose Murders!

If you were thinking of supporting a unique point-and-click adventure mystery in the spirit of Gabriel Knight, Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey, and a dash of Tex Murphy, this is the one!

In fact, they need all the help they can get, it's that close!

Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1114977637/detective-di-the-silk-rose-murders
Now that the kickstarter for the 7 Dragon Saga has been cancelled I suggest all those who like RPGs (and who backed TSI's project) to divert their money towards Dungeons of Aledorn.
IAmSinistar: Slain!
Tekkaman-James: Among the new rewards are mentions of the game coming to GOG. I am currently awaiting a reply from the devs to get clarification on that.
Well, I finally heard back from the devs. And I quote: "GOG codes arent confirmed so if you are buying in to a tier only for a GOG code I would advise against it." Chances are still good the game will come here, but definitely something worth bearing in mind for anyone still on the fence about backing this game.
Tekkaman-James: Well, I finally heard back from the devs. And I quote: "GOG codes arent confirmed so if you are buying in to a tier only for a GOG code I would advise against it." Chances are still good the game will come here, but definitely something worth bearing in mind for anyone still on the fence about backing this game.
Thanks for the update. As long as there is a DRM-free download of some kind I will continue to back it. But obviously a GOG code would be the ideal.
Last 71 hours for Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove.
Experiment513: Last 71 hours for Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove.
Just for taking the trouble of doing this clip they deserve to get funded.
Dyscourse has finally been released.
I asked the developpers if the game is only supposed to stay in Steam or if they're planning a GOG release.

They said that they can provide a DRM-free version to all of those who bought it on Steam.
But they were gonna consider selling it on GOG too.