It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Too many action oriented or multiplayer games on crowd funding but Icy looks terrific.
Gnostic: I donno, with so much kickstarter exclusive I am feeling deja Vu of Ultima Shroud of the Avatar house selling. I don't mind Star Citizen premium price on ships because everyone can get it, but having a huge list of kickstarter only items couple with high price for them seems too greedy.
Mrstarker: They are just cosmetic items. You'll be able to get regular versions of them in the game:

We wanted to clarify that for every exclusive in-game item (the ones your character will be able to wear or use) in the pledge tiers, or the ones that might get unlocked in a stretch goals, there will be similar non-exclusive items readily available to all players, backers and non-backers alike, in the released game. The exclusive items will be cosmetically unique and distinctive, but functionally all players will be able to readily find or buy in the game comparable items that provides similar functionality. Take the Silver Avatar’s Ring, provided at the JOURNEYMAN tier, which glows red when an enemy is nearby. Any player will be able to get a generic magic ring that does the same. However, it won’t have the distinctive Avatar’s seal on it, and it might glow white instead of red. These exclusive items are never game changers, just a fun way to show that you got them as a backer.
Mrstarker:
Yes yes and the developers need every penney they can get to develope a great game and such.

But I drop down from the $200 to $75 because I think the devs game the system too much.
After they give the backers a free Chattering Bart, they now introduce Chattering Bart wife for $5.

Yes yes they need every penny, but I cannot help the feeling that I am a wallet walking on 2 legs. I sure hate DLC that does not add much to the gameplay and their total cost is higher then the base game itself, and this kickstarter......

At this stage I can't help thinking has kickstarter gone from creating project with a healty dose of goodwill and funds to a buisness model aim to milk every single penny out of their backers. It is not like adding new area / story / character that enchance the gameplay so to justify the price, just little in game items that does not improve the game much.

Yes its optional, but pirates can get the complete package for free while paying customers cannot unless they fork out $750......
Nirth: Too many action oriented or multiplayer games on crowd funding but Icy looks terrific.
There are some *decent* games in development. Unfortunately looks like there is a growing number of stupid multiplayer only games creeping on KS etc :(. havent seen any must haves for a while now. Maybe when Bards Tale IV hits KS?.
gandalfnho: New CRPG from the Legends of Dawn devs (another KS campaign)
Wave of Darkness
IAmSinistar: Hmm, tempting, especially the tier with all the Spaceforce games included. I have Legends of Dawn from a bundle but haven't played it yet. Do folks here have any opinions on that or the Spaceforce titles?
Yep, backed it! I also read through their updates where they discuss the "re-enactment mode". Sounds very cool.

Their funding is steady but slow, anyone interested in a unique detective point-and-click should check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1114977637/detective-di-the-silk-rose-murders
Post edited March 09, 2015 by chisam
Descent Underground

We’re bringing back 6DoF by blasting Descent into the 21st Century with current-generation gaming technology. Descent: Underground is more than a graphics upgrade. Get ready for multiple types of customizable ships! Prepare for upgradable weapons and sensors with richly-detailed tech trees. Brace yourself for destructible voxel maps with new power-ups and mod tools to make your own maps and more!

At $25-$35 for the game, is more than I'm willing to spend on kickstarter but others might be interested.
Looks good, but no mention of DRM-free. If they can't be arsed to say, I can't be arsed to ask anymore. The answers any almost invariably equivocating anyway.
IAmSinistar: Looks good, but no mention of DRM-free. If they can't be arsed to say, I can't be arsed to ask anymore. The answers any almost invariably equivocating anyway.
From what I read in EG, it's gonna be focused on online: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-10-descent-is-being-rebooted-as-a-moba-on-kickstarter
rodrolliv: From what I read in EG, it's gonna be focused on online: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-10-descent-is-being-rebooted-as-a-moba-on-kickstarter
Ta, even less interesting to me then. But no double some folks will be quite pleased. :)
Is there a game that outperformed its initial crowd-funding goal by 10x times, 100x times or 1000x times and is fully released till now ?
Post edited March 10, 2015 by leon30
<span class="bold">Orion Trail</span> is showing some incredible rallying in the final 36 hours. It's gained around $15K in the past two days. Please help push it to the top if it's something you'd like to play!
Seven Dragon Saga, the kickstarter from the old SSI, now TSI guys is GO!

And Dungeons of Aledorn - Old School Hardcore RPG
Post edited March 11, 2015 by karnak1
karnak1: Seven Dragon Saga, the kickstarter from the old SSI, now TSI guys is GO!
Nice, DRM-free right out of the gate! I like. :)
Shadow of Nebula

A classic-style point'n-click adventure in a sci-fi setting.
karnak1: Seven Dragon Saga, the kickstarter from the old SSI, now TSI guys is GO!
IAmSinistar: Nice, DRM-free right out of the gate! I like. :)
Linux and DRM free? Insta-back!

And Dungeons of Aledorn - Old School Hardcore RPG
Nice, backed both