It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The NoPhone

xD
TouchTilt: Snip
Cyraxpt: There you go: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/touchtiltgames/buildanauts

Anyway, i hope that you guys manage to release this game, i won't kickstarter since i never do that but i'll buy it if it ends on Steam/Gog.

Edit: Removed some stuff, nevermind that.
Thanks very much! Appreciate the support and yeah we'll find a way to get it finished :)

KS is such a fickle thing, it's like playing the lottery. Plus we have a pretty niche game that isn't a post-apocalyptic-FPS-zombie-survival-shooter lol.
TouchTilt: KS is such a fickle thing, it's like playing the lottery. Plus we have a pretty niche game that isn't a post-apocalyptic-FPS-zombie-survival-shooter lol.
I was actually discussing that with a friend yesterday, Kickstarter is losing some steam, nowadays it's mostly games that have some big industry names behind it or really amazing games that appeals to the masses that can break through.

It also helps if there's some thread about your game on Neogaf since most websites grabs some stuff from there so it will be 2 in 1... that and getting a let's play from a famous youtuber.
TouchTilt: KS is such a fickle thing, it's like playing the lottery. Plus we have a pretty niche game that isn't a post-apocalyptic-FPS-zombie-survival-shooter lol.
Cyraxpt: I was actually discussing that with a friend yesterday, Kickstarter is losing some steam, nowadays it's mostly games that have some big industry names behind it or really amazing games that appeals to the masses that can break through.

It also helps if there's some thread about your game on Neogaf since most websites grabs some stuff from there so it will be 2 in 1... that and getting a let's play from a famous youtuber.
Yeah and especially in the Games category, it's sore. A few games have bailed after far exceeding their pledge. I won't name any names but there's many, and have even heard comments from (obviously hurt backers) on our game whether we'd finish it. Buildanauts is our life and we will definitely finish it. We had thought about doing a lets-play on Twitch or something.

I had mentioned Buildanauts on NeoGaf a month or so ago and then forgot about it. I need to update it. I'm more interested in Steam and GOG at this point - can't rely on KS.

Cheers.
TouchTilt: Yeah and especially in the Games category, it's sore. A few games have bailed after far exceeding their pledge. I won't name any names but there's many, and have even heard comments from (obviously hurt backers) on our game whether we'd finish it. Buildanauts is our life and we will definitely finish it. We had thought about doing a lets-play on Twitch or something.

I had mentioned Buildanauts on NeoGaf a month or so ago and then forgot about it. I need to update it. I'm more interested in Steam and GOG at this point - can't rely on KS.

Cheers.
Uhm... Well, if you allow me to give my honest opinion (and feel free to ignore it since i'm far from an expert on the industry) it's a terrible period for indie games, even if people are claming that this is the indie golden age the reality is that kickstarter + steam greenlight + indie bundles oversatured the market and devalue indie games.

Unfortunatly the best way to pass the greenlight barrier is through indie bundles since that will actually boost the votes (and i would be an hypocrite if didn't mention that i actually do that). Now gog, ufffff, that's a tricky one, there's that Community Wishlist but i doubt that it actually works, i guess that they get some feedback about indie games (outside gog environment) THEN they decide to release it here.

Mind you, i'm only posting this since it's something that i would like to discuss (the actual indie situation) and i'm actually thinking about making a thread about it...
TouchTilt: Yeah and especially in the Games category, it's sore. A few games have bailed after far exceeding their pledge. I won't name any names but there's many, and have even heard comments from (obviously hurt backers) on our game whether we'd finish it. Buildanauts is our life and we will definitely finish it. We had thought about doing a lets-play on Twitch or something.

Cheers.
Cyraxpt: Uhm... Well, if you allow me to give my honest opinion (and feel free to ignore it since i'm far from an expert on the industry) it's a terrible period for indie games, even if people are claming that this is the indie golden age the reality is that kickstarter + steam greenlight + indie bundles oversatured the market and devalue indie games.

Unfortunatly the best way to pass the greenlight barrier is through indie bundles since that will actually boost the votes (and i would be an hypocrite if didn't mention that i actually do that). Now gog, ufffff, that's a tricky one, there's that Community Wishlist but i doubt that it actually works, i guess that they get some feedback about indie games (outside gog environment) THEN they decide to release it here.

Mind you, i'm only posting this since it's something that i would like to discuss (the actual indie situation) and i'm actually thinking about making a thread about it...
No those are some good points for sure. I follow the industry pretty closely - as difficult as that is because it moves so fast; but you're right it's saturated.

When you say Indie Bundles do you mean Humble, Royale etc? I honestly didn't know that it was the best way these days to get Greenlit. So it sounds like a lot of titles then are pretty much done or are in Beta and offering their title in these stores in an effor to get Greenlit?

GOG - Yeah it's all new to me, but I'm interested in applying for the Advance Against Royalties indie program when we're a bit further along.

I think the 'golden age' is over though for sure. There's the bubble, and then it bursts, in any situation. But players are smart and high quality Indie games carry weight against the plethora of crap that's out there. :)
TouchTilt: No those are some good points for sure. I follow the industry pretty closely - as difficult as that is because it moves so fast; but you're right it's saturated.

When you say Indie Bundles do you mean Humble, Royale etc? I honestly didn't know that it was the best way these days to get Greenlit. So it sounds like a lot of titles then are pretty much done or are in Beta and offering their title in these stores in an effor to get Greenlit?
Uhm, i don't think that Humble Bundle actually does that, i only remember 1 title that was used on their bundle that was on Steam Greenlight (some zoo management game), now, Indie Royale, Indie Gala or Groupees does that alot.

For example: http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Gala_Greenlight_Bundle1

People buy those cheap and since they'll want their games on steam then they'll vote for it, in some sense, by allowing your game to be on that bundle your actual "revenue" will be the votes. The downside is that you'll have to divide the actual monetary revenue from that bundle with the other developers + the bundle maker share, since those are sold for 1~4$ you can already have an idea of how low your share will be (and consider that you will also lose potential buyers that could have bought your game directly through the store).
I think the 'golden age' is over though for sure. There's the bubble, and then it bursts, in any situation. But players are smart and high quality Indie games carry weight against the plethora of crap that's out there. :)
Well, it's good to see that developer still have hope for gamers but i honestly don't. Thing is, some good games get lost in the middle of the shovelware that gets released on Steam, i actually enjoy scavenging through that list (well, that indie thread over at neogaf helps me alot, i actually noticed your game there before you posted here) but i'm starting to put a stop on my buying frenzy, i already have alot of games to play and i just can't justify paying for new release titles (even if they look amazing) when i have that backlog to play first. I do add them to my wishlist and buy them later (usually on promotions, not going to lie).

Using your own words, people want the next "post-apocalyptic-FPS-zombie-survival-shooter" so... ehh... But hey, i would NEVER - EVER would have guessed that minecraft would sell and see how far it has come (2.5 Billions? Jesus....), who knows, perhaps Buildanauts it's the next "Minecraft"! :)

Btw, i hope that i don't sound like a douchebag trying to demotivate (and trust me that i'm feeling bad because i feel like i'm kind of destroying someone dreams) i'm just being honest and like i said it's something that i would like to discuss with others.
Paranoia RPG reboot by James Wallis

Remember your computer will know if you don't back the KS!
tarasis: Paranoia RPG reboot by James Wallis

Free shipping! That's nice...
tarasis: Paranoia RPG reboot by James Wallis

Wow Mongoose Publishing seem to be doing a lot of Kickstarters over the last couple of years
TouchTilt: No those are some good points for sure. I follow the industry pretty closely - as difficult as that is because it moves so fast; but you're right it's saturated.

Cyraxpt: Uhm, i don't think that Humble Bundle actually does that, i only remember 1 title that was used on their bundle that was on Steam Greenlight (some zoo management game), now, Indie Royale, Indie Gala or Groupees does that alot.

For example: http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Gala_Greenlight_Bundle1

People buy those cheap and since they'll want their games on steam then they'll vote for it, in some sense, by allowing your game to be on that bundle your actual "revenue" will be the votes. The downside is that you'll have to divide the actual monetary revenue from that bundle with the other developers + the bundle maker share, since those are sold for 1~4$ you can already have an idea of how low your share will be (and consider that you will also lose potential buyers that could have bought your game directly through the store).

Cyraxpt: Well, it's good to see that developer still have hope for gamers but i honestly don't. Thing is, some good games get lost in the middle of the shovelware that gets released on Steam, i actually enjoy scavenging through that list (well, that indie thread over at neogaf helps me alot, i actually noticed your game there before you posted here) but i'm starting to put a stop on my buying frenzy, i already have alot of games to play and i just can't justify paying for new release titles (even if they look amazing) when i have that backlog to play first. I do add them to my wishlist and buy them later (usually on promotions, not going to lie).

Using your own words, people want the next "post-apocalyptic-FPS-zombie-survival-shooter" so... ehh... But hey, i would NEVER - EVER would have guessed that minecraft would sell and see how far it has come (2.5 Billions? Jesus....), who knows, perhaps Buildanauts it's the next "Minecraft"! :)

Btw, i hope that i don't sound like a douchebag trying to demotivate (and trust me that i'm feeling bad because i feel like i'm kind of destroying someone dreams) i'm just being honest and like i said it's something that i would like to discuss with others.
Yeah, my partner and I have decided already not to opt for the Indie Gala/Royales out there for obvious reasons. Releasing Buildanauts on there with the other shovelware (not saying they all are) is just digging our own grave.

I'll see if I can start a Builda-thead on Neo, or work towards getting that privilege :)

Anyway thanks for the feedback, it is appreciate!

Cheers.
TouchTilt: I'll see if I can start a Builda-thead on Neo, or work towards getting that privilege :)
Errrr, offtopic but it's better not, i don't know the exact rules of neogaf (lurker here) but i do know that you cannot make threads promoting your stuff, at least not without mods/admin permission, be careful with that.

Edit: Use that thread made by Toma about indie games, release new footage or something to gain interest.
Post edited October 26, 2014 by Cyraxpt
A new take on the city building game that swaps micro management for deck-building and extra servings of strategy:
Concrete Jungle
<span class="bold">WAS &ndash;The Hourglass of Lepidoptera&ndash; to the West</span>

S.R.L and Sekai Project want to bring WAS The Hourglass of Lepidoptera to the West so we're doing a campaign to do a remastered edition

Well, it's already funded, but I'm posting this anyway. :p
Inxile is kickstarting a new stretch goal for Tormant in their own website.

Now it is 99% funded with 3 days to go.

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/