It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: *EDIT We need that South Park scene playing on a loop on the front page:

"Aaaaaaaaaand... IT'S GONE!"
j0ekerr: All except Kerbal.
Kerbal endures!
And you know when it goes, it'll be back three or four games later ;)
AgentBirdnest: Good evening. I love that new word, "afternoogen" :-)
... and yeah, we call them scones here 8-þ,'',',','',','
*big thank you hug, and devouring scones*
What do you mean new word? That is 100% genuine made up German. :-)

How are your, Mr Agent? Feeling a little better I hope?

*big hug*

CarrionCrow: Good evening.

Doing all right here, how's your night going?

I've seen items described as scones in this country. They didn't look like what's in your picture, though.
Good evening!

Glad to hear you are doing good. Well, excluding health I am doing very good thank you. If you want to include health then not very good at all. But I prefer to focus on the positive so I will go with good overall. :-)

I did see different kinds when googling for an image. I was not going to post and image but then I remembered that not everywhere calls food by the same name. *continues snacking on lovely scones*
ddickinson: Saving Crow from me? Have you boys been behaving yourselves? o_O
I was bugging him a bit.

I still hate to say "jelly" - I think of jelly as the weird stuff that's far too smooth to be a real thing (almost like jello, but warm). Jam is jam is jam... or I guess preserves is okay too - I can live with that.

That's actually neat about the pancakes - never knew that actually.
Ixamyakxim: Wooooooow so you are near... that's crazy - big party in here when it is finite?

Because I'm opinionated - bookend Pillars with the adventure games! I say lead in with Fran so you can close out with a laugh after what I'm sure is a ~200 hour RPG (with expansions - unless they're short?).
No need. Just want it to be done.

Figuring that one's going to take well over 100 hours. Not sure how much time the two expansion pieces add on, maybe 20 or more extra.
After 10 more games are cleared, that sounds like a good time to start it.
Ixamyakxim: I was bugging him a bit.

I still hate to say "jelly" - I think of jelly as the weird stuff that's far too smooth to be a real thing (almost like jello, but warm). Jam is jam is jam... or I guess preserves is okay too - I can live with that.

That's actually neat about the pancakes - never knew that actually.
I am sure there are lots of differences in the food. I know that for the most part the bread in the US is said to be terrible, and the chocolate is also said to be worse over all. But I know people regard the US as have superior steaks to the UK. The US seems to like stuffing chemicals and things into their food a lot more than the UK. Mostly due to large corporations cutting corners I guess, and wanting to make as much profit as possible.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: What do you mean new word? That is 100% genuine made up German. :-)

How are your, Mr Agent? Feeling a little better I hope?

*big hug*
Oh really? I'll take your word for it. Those Germans have some really strange words! ô__ô

I'm doing well, thanks. A big improvement over... whenever the last time I complained was (8 minutes ago? ;-p) Enjoying a quiet evenoon. Playing some Volgarr the Viking to keep myself awake for a while.

I hope the health stuff gets a bit better. Glad to hear about the positive side though. *big healing hug*
NoNewTaleToTell: I really hope you enjoy Fran Bow as much as I did, I loved it.

Well I picked up Outlaws + A Handful Of Missions, had my eye on it for a long time and I figure $1.49 is a fair price considering what others have said about it (great game with plenty of glitches).
I'm looking forward to play it :)

Currently playing that along with Grim Dawn. It's pretty good although it has some annoying sections in it...
CarrionCrow: Figuring that one's going to take well over 100 hours. Not sure how much time the two expansion pieces add on, maybe 20 or more extra.
After 10 more games are cleared, that sounds like a good time to start it.
I don't know about the expansions either but I do know that while my playthrough didn't take 100 hours... it was a lot closer to that than not ;) So well over 100 might be a baseline *shudder* - always seems scary to think about seeing it like that LOL.

I remember when I bought Dark Souls 2. Mind you, I absolutely loved every minute I spent in DS and I spent A LOT of them. The sense of progression and expansiveness in that game was huge, questing from one varied terrain to the next.

So I fire up Dark Souls 2. I play it for a night or two, maybe more. And I get progressively more terrified. I'm thinking of just how far I went in DS (and LOVED!), how long and how many environments - all the new places and bosses. And I KNOW I just can't do it again LOL. I had to return it. I'm still a bit bummed but I just couldn't deal with how much game could be in front of me and how grueling it might be.
AgentBirdnest: Oh really? I'll take your word for it. Those Germans have some really strange words! ô__ô

I'm doing well, thanks. A big improvement over... whenever the last time I complained was (8 minutes ago? ;-p) Enjoying a quiet evenoon. Playing some Volgarr the Viking to keep myself awake for a while.

I hope the health stuff gets a bit better. Glad to hear about the positive side though. *big healing hug*
Just don't tell Moon. Or any of the other Germans. You can tell ELT, because as we discussed on a previous day when talking about Red Alert: he knows nothing about a real German accents. Or geography. :-)

That is great to hear! *goes to do a happy dance. Remembers that will end badly at the moment. So just has a big happy smile after hearing you are doing much better*

Thank you. If it is anything like before it will get much worse over the next few days. But it should go away, so nothing to worry about. I am not about to let it get to me too much.

*big hug*
ddickinson: The US seems to like stuffing chemicals and things into their food a lot more than the UK. Mostly due to large corporations cutting corners I guess, and wanting to make as much profit as possible.
This is absolutely a thing. The amount of "food" we have that isn't food is starting to border on frightening. Actually, not "starting" - we're there. There's been a bit of a backlash in recent years but we have a long way to go.
ddickinson: What do you mean new word? That is 100% genuine made up German. :-)
I'd say it's looks more like a weird combination of Dutch, Low Saxon/Low German and German ;)
Post edited March 23, 2016 by ElTerprise
Ixamyakxim: This is absolutely a thing. The amount of "food" we have that isn't food is starting to border on frightening. Actually, not "starting" - we're there. There's been a bit of a backlash in recent years but we have a long way to go.
I actually was speaking to some US farmers a while ago about all that kind of stuff in the US. But they did say more and more Americans were seeking out fresher food and more natural food. And they are willing to pay that little bit more to know that the food is natural food and that they are supporting US farmers. I do hope that someday soon you lot can have more fresh and natural foods. It can't be nice knowing you are eating so much chemical laden foods. I know much of it is preservatives and things, but not everything they put in food is what it seems, and some things are even dangerous in some ways.
*goes to scan in Beowulf copy that has the Anglo-Saxon, compare via thread to new word*
ddickinson: Good evening!

Glad to hear you are doing good. Well, excluding health I am doing very good thank you. If you want to include health then not very good at all. But I prefer to focus on the positive so I will go with good overall. :-)

I did see different kinds when googling for an image. I was not going to post and image but then I remembered that not everywhere calls food by the same name. *continues snacking on lovely scones*
Fair enough. Will hope things in that one area get better while being happy that you're doing well otherwise.

The only ones I've seen were garbage pre-packaged items. Pretty much the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality or resemblance to an actual baked good that someone cared about making.
Ixamyakxim:
If you were bugging me, we wouldn't be having this conversation. ;)
Post edited March 23, 2016 by CarrionCrow
ddickinson: The US seems to like stuffing chemicals and things into their food a lot more than the UK. Mostly due to large corporations cutting corners I guess, and wanting to make as much profit as possible.
Ixamyakxim: This is absolutely a thing. The amount of "food" we have that isn't food is starting to border on frightening. Actually, not "starting" - we're there. There's been a bit of a backlash in recent years but we have a long way to go.
I now work in a deli. There are now certain deli foods that I won't buy**. Yep...

**Well...mostly due to a lot (not all, but a lot) of the "fresh" cooked food being "fresh right out of a can" or having sat on the hot bar for hours upon hours.