It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I don't know. *sighs*
Lucky for you I planned ahead and have lots of supplies. But no soup, so we will have to go on without soup until all the different Potter splinter cells argue with each other about who is best and once they kill each other off we can go back to the surface. :-)
*Ashamed, goes to make some coffee... but relieved didn't come here alone* :)

Hmm... It almost sounds like you have done this before! That's a great plan!

*starts to get some soup-withdrawal symptoms*
moonshineshadow: Well, the sheep background says more games were added, at least the sale is getting a bit more interesting again.
GhostwriterDoF: I've been looking at the list in the tracking thread and see only one game I might be interested in... :/
Well, I have bought exactly nothing from this sale ;-)
moonshineshadow: Well, the sheep background says more games were added, at least the sale is getting a bit more interesting again.
This is pretty much an insomnia sale in name only. If you can watch it for 6-8 hours a day you will have seen it all.
FearfulSymmetry: Sounds like a perfectly good holiday. :) Where are you planning on travelling?
So far names Laos and Sweden have been mentioned, in no particular order :)
Maybe something else too.
To clarify: my wife wants to go to Sweden, I want to go to Nepal, and we both want to go to Laos.
Probably have to leave Nepal out though.
Post edited March 22, 2016 by superstande
GhostwriterDoF: Good morning everyone!

I see another insomnia sale has taken hold of the GoG site... I noticed it started yesterday but I was busy updating my old laptop and that took over 8 hours, since I didn’t update it since last year. heh!

I hope you all are doing well, and not having to struggle too much to get through your day to day. :)

All is well for me, thankfully. I’ve been busy the last few months, getting out and about, out of my cave and socializing a bit. The writing is coming along, slowly but the pages are getting filled and not having any more major changes.

<ruffles everyone's hair playfully>
Hello there!

Glad to hear you have been doing well. It is nice to know you are getting out more and that your writing is coming along well.

*big hug*

omega64: Which is why I said I doubt it would help. ;)

Why am I screwing up quotes.
Fair enough. :-)

GhostwriterDoF: Good morning everyone!

I see another insomnia sale has taken hold of the GoG site... I noticed it started yesterday but I was busy updating my old laptop and that took over 8 hours, since I didn’t update it since last year. heh!

I hope you all are doing well, and not having to struggle too much to get through your day to day. :)

All is well for me, thankfully. I’ve been busy the last few months, getting out and about, out of my cave and socializing a bit. The writing is coming along, slowly but the pages are getting filled and not having any more major changes.

<ruffles everyone's hair playfully>
Hello there!

Glad to hear you have been doing well. It is nice to know you are getting out more and that your writing is coming along well.

*big hug*

omega64: Which is why I said I doubt it would help. ;)

Why am I screwing up quotes.
Fair enough. :-)

FearfulSymmetry: Whahaha, that's a pretty awesome explanation. Although it might be nicer if your immune system was a bit less stubborn. :P

Yeah, that's the frustrating thing about these low quantities, you barely have any time at all to actually make the purchase ... Makes it easy to miss a game you wanted to get. Not such good design.

Nope, Pillars is my only purchase. Even if they add more games I likely won't buy much more since I already spent too much on other things. I considered getting Jotun as well since it seems interesting, but some of the reviews made me reconsider and I've decided to wait for it to drop some more. Hopefully you'll be able to grab Jotun soon enough. :)

*enormous hug*
Maybe, but then again I am still here. Over the last few months I have nearly died twice and come very close another few times. So overall I think she is doing a great job, so if she wants to be stubborn I guess I can deal with that. :-)

I keep looking at Pillars, but I have so many RPGs still to play and as I have not been playing games that much (mostly just with my partner), so I want to get some of my other RPGs finished or even started before I think of getting more.

*big hug*
EndreWhiteMane: This is pretty much an insomnia sale in name only. If you can watch it for 6-8 hours a day you will have seen it all.
I think the first round yesterday went even faster, I really don't like what gog changed the Insomnia sale into :-(
superstande: *Ashamed, goes to make some coffee... but relieved didn't come here alone* :)

Hmm... It almost sounds like you have done this before! That's a great plan!

*starts to get some soup-withdrawal symptoms*
Is now a bad time to tell you I don't like coffee. :-)

Well I do like to annoy fancults it seems. :-)
Post edited March 22, 2016 by ddickinson
superstande: So far names Laos and Sweden have been mentioned, in no particular order :)
Maybe something else too.
To clarify: my wife wants to go to Sweden, I want to go to Nepal, and we both want to go to Laos.
Probably have to leave Nepal out though.
Haha, those are some pretty disparate options. :P They all sound interesting, though. I hope you have a great journey, wherever you go.
FearfulSymmetry: You liked five? Actually really? :P Four I can sort of get, but five ... nah, not for me. My favorites go something like this (in descending order): 6 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 4 - 2 - 5. That's mostly books but I often feel the same way about the films.

What's up with that? Why can no one remember six? It's clearly the best movie and book*.

*In my own clearly unbiased and professional view. Obviously there can be no question.
Five was my favourite of the books. I dunno why, I just got the most into that one. My list would be like...
Books : 5 > 3 > 7 > 1 = 2 > 4
Films : 4 = 5 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2
*6 left out due to lack of memory.
I have no idea how book and movie nº4 ended up on opposite sides of the scale, but, well :-p
To be fair, I did read six pretty shortly before having an... "electro-memory charm" placed on me. But that wouldn't explain why I can't remember the movie either. I guess I'll have to re-read/watch it :-)
ddickinson: Maybe, but then again I am still here. Over the last few months I have nearly died twice and come very close another few times. So overall I think she is doing a great job, so if she wants to be stubborn I guess I can deal with that. :-)

I keep looking at Pillars, but I have so many RPGs still to play and as I have not been playing games that much (mostly just with my partner), so I want to get some of my other RPGs finished or even started before I think of getting more.

*big hug*
Well, in that case your immune system deserves some super-sized hugs for doing well. *super-sized hug for DD's immune system* I'm really really hoping things will start to go better for you soon. :(

I'm a bad person who can't pace herself. I still have way too much to play (including big RPGs) but apparently I have poor impulse control. :P *hug*
AgentBirdnest: Five was my favourite of the books. I dunno why, I just got the most into that one. My list would be like...
Books : 5 > 3 > 7 > 1 = 2 > 4
Films : 4 = 5 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2
*6 left out due to lack of memory.
I have no idea how book and movie nº4 ended up on opposite sides of the scale, but, well :-p
To be fair, I did read six pretty shortly before having an... "electro-memory charm" placed on me. But that wouldn't explain why I can't remember the movie either. I guess I'll have to re-read/watch it :-)
Hm, my experience is exactly opposite to that. Maybe it's because five is so long, but I always have trouble getting through it. I guess I get bored too easily. :P

Well, do re-watch six and let me know where you place it on your scale. I'm curious. :P
Post edited March 22, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
GhostwriterDoF: ...
ddickinson: Hello there!

*big hug*
Yes, I was sitting in the cave too long, started to get more hermit-like than was necessary... heh!

It's also good to be back here too, on GoG and see how everyone is doing. ;)

All the world about us moves a little too fast these days, so the Forum visits are made all the better to relax, even if the sales are somewhat lacking when I return. heh!

<big squishy return hugs>
Post edited March 22, 2016 by GhostwriterDoF
ddickinson: Is not a bad time to tell you I don't like coffee. :-)

Well I do like to annoy fancults it seems. :-)
Double Argh :)
I'm clearly not an expert in hiding in bunkers :)
... should probably take a course or two on the topic.

well...
*goes to check out the bunker door is well secured from the inside*
a fancult shouldn't take themselves (itself?) that seriously that others make them feel so insecure they feel the need to defend themselves angrily. So annoying itself isn't the real problem, I guess...
*checks the door once more to be on the safe side*
Post edited March 22, 2016 by superstande
FearfulSymmetry: Well, in that case your immune system deserves some super-sized hugs for doing well. *super-sized hug for DD's immune system* I'm really really hoping things will start to go better for you soon. :(

I'm a bad person who can't pace herself. I still have way too much to play (including big RPGs) but apparently I have poor impulse control. :P *hug*
Don't worry, things are getting better, compared to Christmas time I am definitely better. It is just taking its time at the moment. *big thank you hug*

Come now, do you really think people would believe you are bad? You are a collector of games, a connoisseur. So getting more games is fine. And as long as you will play them at some point it is okay. I am just a weirdo who finds it hard to buy myself games, that is the only reason I don't get more games for myself.

*big silly hug*

GhostwriterDoF: Yes, I was sitting in the cave too long, started to get more hermit-like than was necessary... heh!

All the world about us moves a little too fast these days, so the Forum visits are made all the better to relax, even if the sales are somewhat lacking when I return. heh!

That is nice to hear. It is always good to hear that the lovely people here are doing good.

Are you enjoying the current sale? See anything you like?

superstande: Double Argh :)
I'm clearly not an expert in hiding in bunkers :)
... should probably take a course or two on the topic.

well...
*goes to check out the bunker door is well secured from the inside*
a fancult shouldn't take themselves (itself?) that seriously that others make them feel so insecure they feel the need to defend themselves angrily. So annoying itself isn't the real problem, I guess...
*checks the door once more to be on the safe side*
It's okay, that just means more coffee for you. :-)

That is true. For the most part I am just being playful, but there are groups of people who take it way too far, especially on the internet. I have seen death threats, rape threats, and lots of other horrible things on the internet due to arguments between fancults (I am not sure that is a real word, I might have just made it up).
Post edited March 22, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Don't worry, things are getting better, compared to Christmas time I am definitely better. It is just taking its time at the moment. *big thank you hug*

Come now, do you really think people would believe you are bad? You are a collector of games, a connoisseur. So getting more games is fine. And as long as you will play them at some point it is okay. I am just a weirdo who finds it hard to buy myself games, that is the only reason I don't get more games for myself.

*big silly hug*
*big get well hug* Let's keep that upward curve going. :)

Well, connoisseur might be pushing it ... but I do like collecting games. The images just look so shiny on my shelf ... Okay, I might have a problem. :P

*sillier hug*
ddickinson: ...
GhostwriterDoF: Yes, I was sitting in the cave too long, started to get more hermit-like than was necessary... heh!

ddickinson: That is nice to hear. It is always good to hear that the lovely people here are doing good.

Are you enjoying the current sale? See anything you like?
If X-wing Alliance comes up I might get it, but my budget took a beating this month, so I'm broke for awhile...

At least the games are cycling through quickly.
Post edited March 22, 2016 by GhostwriterDoF