It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

akhliber: ***Yay! Pup is finally up. I'm all ready to play. Poor guy is finally going to feel like I do most days. Time for a little time outside to enjoy the cool weather while we've still got some. I'll probably continue spying the thread (and sale) from my tablet. Enjoy your day, folks! More later. ;)
Have a lovely day. *big hug*

omega64: Why would I take is as a comment against those who like them :P
I'm not even sure if they are good anymore.
They were a big part of my childhood, you know what nostalgia does to you.
Because Potter fans are crazy. :-)

I know that is why many love them. I am not saying they are bad books as such (kind of), but I don't think they deserve the praise they get when they are pretty much just pieced together from other people's works. I do think it is good that it got many kids into reading, but the fanatical cultish following and flat out praise they get are not justified.

I will shut up now in case I do upset/annoy anyone who really loves Potter. I don't mean to do that so just to be safe I will agree to disagree on Potter. :-)
Post edited March 22, 2016 by ddickinson
I'm trying to multitask, with varying deegress of success. I looked up and I saw TWAU on the main page...
I clicked on it.
Now I have a pending order there... waiting for me to finish things.
Hello!
I don't like Potter either! :)
But there was something ridiculous in those movies that I confess, if the whole movie saga was sold for 2 euros in drm-free digital, I'd probably buy it! ... Only ever saw maybe one of those movies almost all of it... and bits of others...
But the books are a whole other thing... I guess Pratchett and that other Terry who made Shannara Chronicles would win if there was an imaginary armwrestling and I was the judge... But then again the Potter writer is a woman and I'd not let the men hurt her... Although Pratchett is dead... yeah... But his daughter might kick some ass, she should write something too...
*contemplating deleting this after-work rambling*
Hi guys, how's it going?

Today's been pretty frustrating ... I got the feedback that the thesis chapter I just handed in was "competent, but not brilliant" which somehow seems worse than plain old "bad". My supervisor said it was okay, but I got the clear idea he expected better.

Hm, I might pick up Pillars of Eternity if it comes back around, given that I'm not interested in much else.
superstande: I don't like Potter either! :)
You crazy soup seller. Quick, get in the bunker before they tear you apart. :-)

FearfulSymmetry: Hi guys, how's it going?

Today's been pretty frustrating ... I got the feedback that the thesis chapter I just handed in was "competent, but not brilliant" which somehow seems worse than plain old "bad". My supervisor said it was okay, but I got the clear idea he expected better.

Hm, I might pick up Pillars of Eternity if it comes back around, given that I'm not interested in much else.
Sorry to hear that. Did you get any idea of what you would need to improve? *big comforting hug*

Hi,
Sorry to hear...
Are they asking if you want to do rewriting or is that final? ... I remember my brother doing his Japanology paper and they would have let him pass but said he could possibly get a better grade by doing some rewriting...

also Pillars is up!
Post edited March 22, 2016 by superstande
ddickinson: Sorry to hear that. Did you get any idea of what you would need to improve? *big comforting hug*
More taking-the-next-step stuff, more abstract thinking in terms of conclusions/'what does it all mean'? You know, the kind of stuff that can be hard to think of. My supervisor said: "It would have been easier if your argument had been illogical, because that's easy to solve. Improving this is much harder." So we agreed I'd just work on the next chapter for now and come back to this one later.

It's not terrible, my mark would be a sufficient, but it's not really great news either, so my spirits have been dampened a bit.

How are you doing today? :) *big hug*
superstande: Hi,
Sorry to hear...
Are they asking if you want to do rewriting or is that final? ... I remember my brother doing his Japanology paper and they would have let him pass but said he could possibly get a better grade by doing some rewriting...
No, it's okay, the hand-in date is still a while off so I get to work on it some more. We agreed I'd come back to it at the end of the process, once I have a better idea of my overall arguments. If I were to hand it in like this it would be sufficient, but my supervisor made it clear he expected better from me. :P
Post edited March 22, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
ddickinson: Sorry to hear that. Did you get any idea of what you would need to improve? *big comforting hug*
FearfulSymmetry: More taking-the-next-step stuff, more abstract thinking in terms of conclusions/'what does it all mean'? You know, the kind of stuff that can be hard to think of. My supervisor said: "It would have been easier if your argument had been illogical, because that's easy to solve. Improving this is much harder." So we agreed I'd just work on the next chapter for now and come back to this one later.

It's not terrible, my mark would be a sufficient, but it's not really great news either, so my spirits have been dampened a bit.

superstande: Hi,
Sorry to hear...
FearfulSymmetry: No, it's okay, the hand-in date is still a while off so I get to work on it some more. We agreed I'd come back to it at the end of the process, once I have a better idea of my overall arguments. If I were to hand it in like this it would be sufficient, but my supervisor made it clear he expected better from me. :P
Pillars is up on the front page!
Mwahaha, Pillars of Eternity is mine! Given its price, that's probably the only purchase I'll make this sale. But at least this shiny new game is cheering me up a bit. :P
ddickinson: Pillars is up on the front page!
Yep, managed to grab it! Thanks. :D

Hm... but at least you didn't just outright fail your balls off. Still, yeah, that sounds really annoying and frustrating. *big comforting hug for the brilliant Ms Metry*

.... and there went Pillars. Did you manage to pick it up?
AgentBirdnest: Hm... but at least you didn't just outright fail your balls off. Still, yeah, that sounds really annoying and frustrating. *big comforting hug for the brilliant Ms Metry*

.... and there went Pillars. Did you manage to pick it up?
Yep, it's not a disaster, it just wasn't very fun to hear. :P I guess both my supervisor and I suffer from being perfectionists ... I knew when I picked this supervisor he'd kick my butt and push me to the limit, but I guess that with things like my internship it's just been hard to juggle my responsibilities. *Big thank you hug*

Yep, it's mine! I hunted it down and killed it. :P

How is your day going, Agent?
FearfulSymmetry: More taking-the-next-step stuff, more abstract thinking in terms of conclusions/'what does it all mean'? You know, the kind of stuff that can be hard to think of. My supervisor said: "It would have been easier if your argument had been illogical, because that's easy to solve. Improving this is much harder." So we agreed I'd just work on the next chapter for now and come back to this one later.

My full answer. Sorry for my short answer before, I just wanted to quickly say that your game was up.

I do know what you mean. I hope you will be able to figure out how to expand upon it more. Taking a break and working on the next chapter sounds like a good idea. That way you can come back to it with a fresher mind.

I am sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do to cheer you up and lift your spirits a little?

I have been better, not a very good day at all for me health wise. But I am trying to keep myself busy with a few things around the house and chatting on here. I fear things will get a little worse over the next few days, but nothing to worry about. I have my ups and downs.

*big comforting hug*
FearfulSymmetry: No, it's okay, the hand-in date is still a while off so I get to work on it some more. We agreed I'd come back to it at the end of the process, once I have a better idea of my overall arguments. If I were to hand it in like this it would be sufficient, but my supervisor made it clear he expected better from me. :P
Alright, sounds okay then. Just don't forget the deadline :)
and congrats for grabbing Pillars :)

ddickinson: You crazy soup seller. Quick, get in the bunker before they tear you apart. :-)
*grabs a coffee maker and jumps into the bunker*
You'll never get me! I have coffee and internet! :P
Post edited March 22, 2016 by superstande
ddickinson: My full answer. Sorry for my short answer before, I just wanted to quickly say that your game was up.

I do know what you mean. I hope you will be able to figure out how to expand upon it more. Taking a break and working on the next chapter sounds like a good idea. That way you can come back to it with a fresher mind.

I am sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do to cheer you up and lift your spirits a little?

I have been better, not a very good day at all for me health wise. But I am trying to keep myself busy with a few things around the house and chatting on here. I fear things will get a little worse over the next few days, but nothing to worry about. I have my ups and downs.

*big comforting hug*
I appreciate it. :)

Yep, hopefully that'll give me some new insights. Unfortunately I'm going to have to start work on this next chapter almost immediately, since we agreed on April 4th as a hand-in date. :P Oh well.

Just being here and talking to all of you is already a pretty good distraction. :P Don't worry, my frustration will pass soon enough. I guess it's just combining with the fact that I'm extremely tired from teaching three classes without the presence of my coach yesterday, which means that everything is hitting a little harder. :P I'll just go to bed early tonight and it'll sort itself out.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will improve a bit for tonight. *shoots a stern look at DD's health issues* *big hug to help you get through the next few days* Hopefully this is just a temporary low and it won't last long. :(

*more hugs*

superstande: Alright, sounds okay then. Just don't forget the deadline :)
and congrats for grabbing Pillars :)
There's no way I'd manage that! :) But not to worry, I think the deadline is not until June-ish. And thanks. :)

How are you doing? Have you grabbed anything in the sale?
FearfulSymmetry: Yep, it's not a disaster, it just wasn't very fun to hear. :P I guess both my supervisor and I suffer from being perfectionists ... I knew when I picked this supervisor he'd kick my butt and push me to the limit, but I guess that with things like my internship it's just been hard to juggle my responsibilities. *Big thank you hug*

Yep, it's mine! I hunted it down and killed it. :P

How is your day going, Agent?
I'm a pretty awful perfectionist too, or at least was. I always failed creative classes in school, because I'd try to get my projects so perfect that I'd miss the deadline and get no grade :-) ... I do a bit better now though.

Woo! So happy you got it. Hopefully it cheers you up a bit, and is plenty of fun :-)

I'm okay... Icing my neck to try to relieve nausea at the moment, and am suddenly considering watching the entire Harry Potter film series again. Not bad :-)