It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FearfulSymmetry: My language tends to be pretty okay but sometimes my brain makes odd jumps that require more clarification than I think they do. :P
Well my sentences perfectly work but the are really hard to understand because of the loads of clauses ;)....but the jumps you mentioned is pretty common i assume when you worked on a topic for an extended period of time.

--------------
Oh three stars :D
Post edited October 29, 2015 by ElTerprise
FearfulSymmetry: We all have our challenges. Mine is not stumbling into things or knocking them over. ;)
Change your tagline to "WulfHund"

Or "Wolf Hound" if you don't feel like going with the fun vowel replacements - wait is Y a vowel? (Don't worry, I know) ;)
FearfulSymmetry: I do purchase a couple of games at full price, especially if they're made by smaller studios. Wadjet Eye, for instance, always gets the full price from me and I tend to pre-order their games as well. I feel like they make good games and I get the sense that they actually care about their customers. But yep, it's more of the exception than the rule for me.

Less money on food is more money on games, right? ;) Somehow it's easier not to buy everything that appeals to me than I thought it would be. Mostly because I especially like ice cream but I don't have a freezer so I just can't get it. Well, there's that problem solved. :P
Same here. I do that with some companies when I can afford to do it. Things get pricey, but with smaller teams it's worth doing when I can.

-laughs- Note to self: Don't buy Fearful a portable freezer.
LeoLR: To read Shakespeare always seemed to me a daunting task. :-)
I have this preconceived idea that the lack of a more direct historical connection with his works may make difficult to me to understand his works.
FearfulSymmetry: Well, to be fair, it is a good idea to get a proper academic version with an introduction, footnotes and maybe some essays. That way I think you'll get all of the context. Footnotes are especially important as it's super easy to miss out on many of the jokes as the puns simply do not apply anymore with the current state of the language. Other than that, though ... Just give it a go, I'd say. Or start with a movie adaptation. Ian McKellen's Richard III is a good film that I'd definitely recommend. And I think there's a new Macbeth with Michael Fassbender coming out next year or so. Seeing a play rather than reading it is always better anyhow. It's easier to keep track of who is who and the characters and language come alive in a way that they just don't on the page. Do you have Shakespeare theatre productions near where you live? Might be worth going to one.

Hamlet is a pretty good beginner's play, I'd reckon, although I've seen it slightly too often and am getting a bit bored with it. :P Macbeth is also a nice one, and it's one of the shorter plays too.
[cocky] I think the language itself would not be a huge problem.[/cocky]. :-D
However the subtleties of the language could go way over my head. Taking this into consideration, an annotated version could indeed be helpful.
And I like the movies idea. That's a good tip.
Thanks for the suggestions.
FearfulSymmetry: Well, I singed the ends. That was rather weird. I had to get them cut off. But at least they didn't actually catch fire, that would have been disastrous. xD
One of my teacher's daughters went to Ghana many years ago on some type of humanitarian mission. She showed us a video of herself getting her hair "cut" there by having it professionally set on fire :-| It looked great though!
Post edited October 29, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
j0ekerr: Oh, before I leave.

Yesterday I mentioned about us pitching together to get the whole warhammer weekly, while avoiding individual "padding"

I was actually serious. Anyone in?
I didn't actually catch your original post, but in any event, Warhammer is a 'maybe' for me - there's a ton of stuff preceding it on my constantly evolving list :-)
Stilton: Hi, Crow.

My day was...interesting....

The patio doors got locked closed some while back (jammed mechanism - sod's law it didn't happen while they were open) so we had someone in today to sort them out. I think there's something about me which attracts morons (present company absolutely excluded, by the way!), but the character who turned up was a virtual cave man who tried to push his 'services' on us almost from the outset. The basic repair and lock replacement was expensive enough, but he actually tried intimidation (yes, you read that correctly) to get me to buy a few other things which he was making available to me at 'an incredible price' but which were completely unnecessary. Amazing. He thought I was a complete idiot who couldn't see he was trying to shaft me for every penny he could get. He even told me he didn't like me looking at what he was doing and refused to give us a guarantee (lucky us - at least he won't be coming back). It made me really happy to pleasantly refuse all of the shit he was trying to fob off on me and watch his lingering dirty looks. Tradespeople in the UK are the dregs of humanity. Its sad, but a fact of life. We've only met one we have used again, a plumber, who (incredibly) is conscientious, value for money, and even does addons he doesn't charge for. It was quite an experience today, and one which has made me lean heavily towards Brother Google and Sister YouTube to sort the more major things out for myself.

How's your day so far?
That sounds less interesting, and more infuriating. People like that, you have to wonder how they manage to get any work at all. Sorry you had to deal with someone for whom the term fuckwit seems charitable.

Doing okay here. Sales have been picked through, budget's been set so I'm not spending bill money on goodies. A quiet day in general.
Hi everyone !!! I got Microsoft 3D Movie Maker to work under Win 95 compatability mode !

I made a lot of random movies and uploaded a few online haha

How's everyone tonight ?
ElTerprise: Well my sentences perfectly work but the are really hard to understand because of the loads of clauses ;)....but the jumps you mentioned is pretty common i assume when you worked on a topic for an extended period of time.

--------------
Oh three stars :D
Haha yes, some of my sentences are on the long side as well. And yep, I suppose they are. Congratulations on the three stars!

Ixamyakxim: Change your tagline to "WulfHund"

Or "Wolf Hound" if you don't feel like going with the fun vowel replacements - wait is Y a vowel? (Don't worry, I know) ;)
I'm probably missing a reference here ... Enlighten me? :)

CarrionCrow: Same here. I do that with some companies when I can afford to do it. Things get pricey, but with smaller teams it's worth doing when I can.

-laughs- Note to self: Don't buy Fearful a portable freezer.
Yup, definitely true.

Well, my mother has one lying around, but I simply don't have the room for it right now. :P She also has a portable dishwasher that I have no room for (kind of sad about that one :P). It's probably for the best. My ice cream consumption has lowered drastically, but I miss being able to store excess food for more than a few days.

LeoLR: [cocky] I think the language itself would not be a huge problem.[/cocky]. :-D
However the subtleties of the language could go way over my head. Taking this into consideration, an annotated version could indeed be helpful.
And I like the movies idea. That's a good tip.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Well no, the language in itself is perfectly understandable, you just miss out on jokes because words don't always mean the same thing anymore. :) Notes are still helpful for me and I've been studying Shakespeare for several years now. Of course, 'studying Shakespeare' is probably a lifetime occupation ... I like the guy but he's not the be-all end-all, though. Now, Chaucer .... There's a man who had some real influence on the English language and literature. ;)

AgentBirdnest: One of my teacher's daughters went to Ghana many years ago on some type of humanitarian mission. She showed us a video of herself getting her hair "cut" there by having it professionally set on fire :-| It looked great though!
Wow. I don't think I'm brave enough for that, although it sounds quite cool. :P I also found that my singed hair was rather brittle, so maybe it's not the best idea for me anyhow ... :P
robospongie: Hi everyone !!! I got Microsoft 3D Movie Maker to work under Win 95 compatability mode !

I made a lot of random movies and uploaded a few online haha

How's everyone tonight ?
Hi! And nice, what kind of movies? :) I'm doing fine, how are you?
Post edited October 29, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
Stilton: I didn't actually catch your original post, but in any event, Warhammer is a 'maybe' for me - there's a ton of stuff preceding it on my constantly evolving list :-)
It was just an idea.

Anyway, really checking out now. See y'all tomorrow.
FearfulSymmetry: Haha yes, some of my sentences are on the long side as well. And yep, I suppose they are. Congratulations on the three stars!
Thanks. Just noticed that by accident :D

The worst thing is that i also did that in English at first as well - but thankfully not any more (i hope) :P
pimpmonkey2382.313: *hugs everyone* :P
FearfulSymmetry: *hugs*

LeoLR: To read Shakespeare always seemed to me a daunting task. :-)
I have this preconceived idea that the lack of a more direct historical connection with his works may make difficult to me to understand his works.
FearfulSymmetry: Well, to be fair, it is a good idea to get a proper academic version with an introduction, footnotes and maybe some essays. That way I think you'll get all of the context. Footnotes are especially important as it's super easy to miss out on many of the jokes as the puns simply do not apply anymore with the current state of the language. Other than that, though ... Just give it a go, I'd say. Or start with a movie adaptation. Ian McKellen's Richard III is a good film that I'd definitely recommend. And I think there's a new Macbeth with Michael Fassbender coming out next year or so. Seeing a play rather than reading it is always better anyhow. It's easier to keep track of who is who and the characters and language come alive in a way that they just don't on the page. Do you have Shakespeare theatre productions near where you live? Might be worth going to one.

Hamlet is a pretty good beginner's play, I'd reckon, although I've seen it slightly too often and am getting a bit bored with it. :P Macbeth is also a nice one, and it's one of the shorter plays too.
CarrionCrow: Right. Can't reasonably expect someone to completely torch their budget for the principle of the thing. Being supportive when you can is good, but with so many items, it's not really possible to do all the time.

That works. A lot of people have the problem of just grabbing whatever, rather than controlling themselves while they shop.
FearfulSymmetry: I do purchase a couple of games at full price, especially if they're made by smaller studios. Wadjet Eye, for instance, always gets the full price from me and I tend to pre-order their games as well. I feel like they make good games and I get the sense that they actually care about their customers. But yep, it's more of the exception than the rule for me.

Less money on food is more money on games, right? ;) Somehow it's easier not to buy everything that appeals to me than I thought it would be. Mostly because I especially like ice cream but I don't have a freezer so I just can't get it. Well, there's that problem solved. :P
*hugs* :) how are you?
Stilton: I didn't actually catch your original post, but in any event, Warhammer is a 'maybe' for me - there's a ton of stuff preceding it on my constantly evolving list :-)
j0ekerr: It was just an idea.

Anyway, really checking out now. See y'all tomorrow.
Sleep well :-)
Stilton: Hi, Crow.

My day was...interesting....

How's your day so far?
CarrionCrow: That sounds less interesting, and more infuriating. People like that, you have to wonder how they manage to get any work at all. Sorry you had to deal with someone for whom the term fuckwit seems charitable.

Doing okay here. Sales have been picked through, budget's been set so I'm not spending bill money on goodies. A quiet day in general.
-laughs-

That sums him up well :-)

Quiet days are good days. Get in content mode, fire up a game and relax. Budgetary control is also an essential. There have been a couple of big sales where I've been all eyes and salivating hunger, only to count the pennies afterwards and see that I've left a considerably bigger mark than I thought. It goes back to that control thing and asking that inner voice if the twenty games I'm about to pay for are really going to make my life better.
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Stilton
My goodness, 75000 posts, ElT has 3 stars, all this talk about playing these games things.
I've missed a lot. :-)

Buena noches all, hope you're all enjoying a nice evening.
EndreWhiteMane: My goodness, 75000 posts, ElT has 3 stars, all this talk about playing these games things.
I've missed a lot. :-)

Buena noches all, hope you're all enjoying a nice evening.
Good evening Endre. Yup, evening was quite nice but i'm really tired now :)
Hm...do you think there will be a maximum post number?
How's your day so far?
Post edited October 29, 2015 by ElTerprise