It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi people :-)

How's life today?

Not a bad assortment of Halloween titles there, kind of....
CarrionCrow: Maybe it's just the nearby one, then. There's something about the place that sucks out energy until you're compelled to wonder the aisles like a zombie.
The ones near me feel like they should be keeping the zombies out. Cold, concrete bunkers filled to the ceiling with gallon-sized cans of food and 96-pack toilet paper rolls. It's a freaking apocalypse shelter.

Prices are great though :-p
So I decided to look at that spanish ihop ad, see what's so soul crushing about it... They're called tortitas damnit! I mean, why the hell put international in your name if you insist on calling them by their english name.

I'm not even surprised by how little I care about the whole thing though, after the whole cupcake craze I'm desensitized to pastry-based drama. Even muffins are slowly being weeded out as magdalenas come back.

I still have to find a fuck to give about macarons too.
Stilton: Hi people :-)

How's life today?

Hey Stilton, how are you doing? :)

Yeah, it's not bad. Most of it is not for me but there seem to be some pretty good deals and I would have picked up Stasis if I hadn't just bought it yesterday. :)

How's life today?

Lots of spooky stuff, and Geralt gets a nice new cut to add to his scar collection.

Penumbra is looking scrumptious at this time. Other than that, I have most of everything I'd like. Although I would have added Undying to the list on principle.
----
Tomorrow I'm going to check the university's Gym, I think this persistent cervical pain is due to bad posture; and the fact that changing channels is about the most strenuous exercise I do. My thumb's in great shape though.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by j0ekerr

How's life today?

FearfulSymmetry: Hey Stilton, how are you doing? :)

Yeah, it's not bad. Most of it is not for me but there seem to be some pretty good deals and I would have picked up Stasis if I hadn't just bought it yesterday. :)
Timing, aaarrhh! I've done things like that, and although what I've bought elsewhere has been a bargain I've missed the GOG installer and having it sparkling on my shelves. It also means I can't share the pleasure so much with all of you here :-)

I'd like to have seen Waxworks on the list. I was looking at it yesterday on YouTube and it looked just right for late October.
Stilton: Timing, aaarrhh! I've done things like that, and although what I've bought elsewhere has been a bargain I've missed the GOG installer and having it sparkling on my shelves. It also means I can't share the pleasure so much with all of you here :-)

I'd like to have seen Waxworks on the list. I was looking at it yesterday on YouTube and it looked just right for late October.
It's okay, since I got it on sale as well (even cheaper than it is here), but I would have preferred to own it on GOG. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. ;) Yep, you're totally right about that, there's just something nice about owning it here as opposed to Steam.

Haven't heard about that, I need to look it up. The other promo item that seems interesting to me is Kholat, but I'm not sure it's really worth ten bucks since it's a walking simulator and appears to be rather short, and as I already bought Stasis ... Well, I think I'll wait until it's five bucks or so. :P

How's life today?

j0ekerr: Lots of spooky stuff, and Geralt gets a nice new cut to add to his scar collection.

Penumbra is looking scrumptious at this time. Other than that, I have most of everything I'd like. Although I would have added Undying to the list on principle.
A completely comprehensive list of Halloweeners would have been good, but that would have been quite a lot of games, maybe even a 'mini big-ish' sale. The Witcher titles seem to be popping up at every opportunity. I wouldn't call them Halloween titles, personally, and one or two other questionables on the list (three or four?) smack a bit of trying to make their investment back.
Stilton: Timing, aaarrhh! I've done things like that, and although what I've bought elsewhere has been a bargain I've missed the GOG installer and having it sparkling on my shelves. It also means I can't share the pleasure so much with all of you here :-)

FearfulSymmetry: It's okay, since I got it on sale as well (even cheaper than it is here), but I would have preferred to own it on GOG. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. ;) Yep, you're totally right about that, there's just something nice about owning it here as opposed to Steam.

Haven't heard about that, I need to look it up. The other promo item that seems interesting to me is Kholat, but I'm not sure it's really worth ten bucks since it's a walking simulator and appears to be rather short, and as I already bought Stasis ... Well, I think I'll wait until it's five bucks or so. :P
I looked at Kholat, and I feel the same - the current price is still a bit steep for something like that. And then there's the downright weird of Harvester, which is oddly tempting, but which I think would end up being a bit of an ordeal to get through due to its being too off-beat for its own good.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by Stilton
Stilton: I looked at Kholat, and I feel the same - the current price is still a bit steep for something like that. And then there's the downright weird of Harvester, which is oddly tempting, but which I think would end up being a bit of an ordeal to get through due to its being too off-beat for its own good.
Yep, I'll wait for the price to drop a bit more as well. I do own Harvester but I haven't really been in the right frame of mind to fire it up yet.
FearfulSymmetry: Ironically enough I already picked up Stasis on GMG yesterday, not knowing GOG would also put it on sale. :P I'd have preferred to have it on here but I did save a few bucks compared to the price here, so I guess it's a tradeoff. :P

Is this were I admit I quite like those plastic McDonalds hamburgers every once in a while? For me they're kind of 'so bad it's good'.
Oh my, I notice Stasis is an isometric view game. From that I gather it's more suspense-based than jump-scare.

I try to think about that, but no... the concept of so bad it's good only applies to media. Food that's so bad... is still bloody terrible. Except when there's a boatload of glutamate that helps hide the flavour and gives you addicted cravings. It's still bad, you just can't notice it That's what the special sauce is for.

Somebody told me today, they'd heard on the radio that there's a new study saying that MRM is unhealthy, right after they announced that water is wet.
Post edited October 29, 2015 by j0ekerr

How's life today?

Good evenoon, Stilly!

Life is okay. I've been feeling a little bit "off" today, mostly mentally. However, as much as I love complaining (and I really love complaining. Ask my friends.) I really shouldn't be. When I look at how much my mental state has improved over the last 12 months, it is really incredible, and hard not to be positive about it. I'm not even sure what caused such a huge change in my attitude, but I'm guessing that a near-fatal medical problem last year, quitting my medication that I took for 11 years, and the lovely people of this thread all had something to do with it. Still, there are bad days. There always will be, no matter who you are and how good your life is.

While quitting my medication has been awesome, it is not without its downsides though. I was a bit "numb" while I was taking it, so now that I'm off, I'm feeling everything, and I feel it more strongly than I did even before. I am able to feel more "alive" and happy than I have in years, but at the cost of also feeling the lows more intensely. My mental, emotional, and even physical sensitivity has increased massively since being medication-free :
1) Mentally. I have to be more careful with my anxiety triggers. The slightest things can send me into a panic attack, or a depression.
2) Emotionally. Anything can make me cry. I went years without a single tear, which got to be incredibly frustrating at times. Now I'm a damn fountain, which can also be quite frustrating. I feel more deep sadness, but high highs as well, so it works out. Then again, even the sadness feels good, because I can feel it so deeply now, which I appreciate in a way; it makes me feel "human."
3) Physically. My sensitivity to pain has increased dramatically. Never in my life have I been unable to stop myself from screaming curse words into a pillow because pain is so bad. Additionally, my stomach pain has increased in frequency (this may be a withdrawal symptom that is still lingering.)

Still, it has been totally worth it to quit the medication. I feel like myself for the first time in... 14 years? If it meant having even more brutal lows and more intense pains, I'd say bring it on as long as I get to keep feeling the good shit too. I love it all. 6 months med-free (as of yesterday. Be sure to give my Guardian Owl many more +1's when you next see her for getting me this far,) and it feels good every day.

Anyway... today... Today is a day when all those new and improved sensitive feelings hit me hard - both the good and bad ones, and it throws me off a little. Cycling rapidly between really good and really bad, and getting a bit lost because of how quickly it changes. I can't really say it's been good or bad. It's been both. Overall though, I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

This has been a ninja-novel by A.E. Birdnest. Sorry you were the unlucky recipient of it :-)
j0ekerr: Oh my, I notice Stasis is an isometric view game. From that I gather it's more suspense-based than jump-scare.

I try to think about that, but no... the concept of so bad it's good only applies to media. Food that's so bad... is still bloody terrible. Except when there's a boatload of glutamate that helps hide the flavour and gives you addicted cravings. It's still bad, you just can't notice it That's what the special sauce is for.

Somebody told me today that there's a new study saying that MRM is unhealthy, right after they announced that water is wet.
That's the impression I got from it as well.

Haha all right then. I just have crappy taste buds I suppose. ;) Maybe it's because I can't smell worth a damn so everything tends to taste a bit same-y anyhow. Really curious to see if that will clear up after my surgery on the tenth, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yep, just heard about that as well. I think the WHO was making a big fuss over it? Well, everything's bad for you if you eat too much of it, but as long as one practices moderation I suppose there's no cause for concern. We have to die at some point anyhow, can't possibly prevent all the possible causes.
Stilton: A completely comprehensive list of Halloweeners would have been good, but that would have been quite a lot of games, maybe even a 'mini big-ish' sale. The Witcher titles seem to be popping up at every opportunity. I wouldn't call them Halloween titles, personally, and one or two other questionables on the list (three or four?) smack a bit of trying to make their investment back.
I looked at Kholat, and I feel the same - the current price is still a bit steep for something like that. And then there's the downright weird of Harvester, which is oddly tempting, but which I think would end up being a bit of an ordeal to get through due to its being too off-beat for its own good.
It's Geralt, he pops up everywhere. Incidentally, I've begun checking the toilet every time I go beforehand, just in case.
I think Kholat's price is fine for what it is and it's relative age. I just don't pick it up because I'm the kind of cheap bastard who mixes rubbing alcohol with water for booze. Although not being my kind of game might also have something to do it.
Post edited October 29, 2015 by j0ekerr
AgentBirdnest: ...
Seems like you're going through a pretty difficult period (not necessarily bad, just a time in which you have to acclimatize to a lot of things). I'm glad to hear you're feeling better on the whole without medication, though. I think you're right in saying that the pros outweigh the cons. There's nothing wrong with being sad either. Occasionally I like to put on some sad music, lie in bed with the lights off and just bawl. It doesn't happen that often and normally it doesn't have a particular reason, but somehow it can be a big relief to just get it out every once in a while. :P Pain really sucks, though. It's awful when your body is not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

*big cheer up hug with even more hot chocolate*
Post edited October 29, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
Stilton: I looked at Kholat, and I feel the same - the current price is still a bit steep for something like that. And then there's the downright weird of Harvester, which is oddly tempting, but which I think would end up being a bit of an ordeal to get through due to its being too off-beat for its own good.
FearfulSymmetry: Yep, I'll wait for the price to drop a bit more as well. I do own Harvester but I haven't really been in the right frame of mind to fire it up yet.
I dread to think what the right frame of mind for that game would be :-)

I think I probably will get it, as I'm a fan of weird, but its aimlessness and alleged lack of point might be a downer. Its one of those you play for the ride, I think, rather than expecting much in the way of plot development.