It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Morning, everyone !! :-D
It's snowing !!!
I feel like a little owlet... so excited... wanting to go outside and have a snowball fight !! ^^

HypersomniacLive: Hello everyone, I got some great news!

My friend's procedure was a success! It took a little over 5hrs, but everything went well and she's resting in her room, trying to fight the side-effects and intensified from-the-procedure symptoms; she was playing some silly game game on her mobile earlier, but hopefully she's peacefully sleeping now.
It will take a long time before the first results show (tumour will shrink gradually and may take up to 3yrs before completely shrunk), but she won't have to undergo open brain surgery, which is excellent news given that the location of the tumour doesn't allow a complete removal (only 10% of it would be reachable), plus damage to nerves would have not been avoided.

She asked me to heartily thank each and every one of you for your wishes and support. And so do I, it means a lot to both of us. :-)

*breathes a relief and does a happy dance*
That's awesome news, Hyper !!! :-D
I didn't know about that all... but I feel very happy for you and your friend, and wish her the best and fastest recovery !!
**Happy hug**

ddickinson: I'm out in the cold for most of the day. Still working on the first greenhouse - the glass fitting can take quite a while, especially on the roof (it's a big greenhouse). It's very windy as well, which makes it a little dangerous, but the worst part is it's a very cold wind. Luckily I'm wrapped up warm.
... Aw... That's not an easy work... Please be careful, DD... :-\ ** Courage Hugs **
low rated
LaPtiteBete: Morning, everyone !! :-D
It's snowing !!!
I feel like a little owlet... so excited... wanting to go outside and have a snowball fight !! ^^

HypersomniacLive: Hello everyone, I got some great news!

My friend's procedure was a success! It took a little over 5hrs, but everything went well and she's resting in her room, trying to fight the side-effects and intensified from-the-procedure symptoms; she was playing some silly game game on her mobile earlier, but hopefully she's peacefully sleeping now.
It will take a long time before the first results show (tumour will shrink gradually and may take up to 3yrs before completely shrunk), but she won't have to undergo open brain surgery, which is excellent news given that the location of the tumour doesn't allow a complete removal (only 10% of it would be reachable), plus damage to nerves would have not been avoided.

She asked me to heartily thank each and every one of you for your wishes and support. And so do I, it means a lot to both of us. :-)

*breathes a relief and does a happy dance*
LaPtiteBete: That's awesome news, Hyper !!! :-D
I didn't know about that all... but I feel very happy for you and your friend, and wish her the best and fastest recovery !!
**Happy hug**

ddickinson: I'm out in the cold for most of the day. Still working on the first greenhouse - the glass fitting can take quite a while, especially on the roof (it's a big greenhouse). It's very windy as well, which makes it a little dangerous, but the worst part is it's a very cold wind. Luckily I'm wrapped up warm.
LaPtiteBete: ... Aw... That's not an easy work... Please be careful, DD... :-\ ** Courage Hugs **
Hi Owl,
Don't hit any cops:-)
Treasure: <snip>
moonshineshadow: I like the idea, if you can make a nice full-fledged version of it I can't see a reason why you should not have a change when participating. At least that is my opinion :-)
Thanks for your nice words. :-) As I've already said, however, the final drawing won't be much different from this- I'll probably make the drawing bigger and try to make it look like an actual matrioska instead of its current form, but some basic elements (the face and suit design for example) will remain pretty much the same (even if I might change some colors-for example I'll make the tie red, as it is ingame, instead of black, as it is in this drawing). In short, it won't become a masterpiece or something, but only slightly better (and bigger).

Treasure:
gunsynd: Umm umm,do you wan't an honest answer or pretend to be nice answer???
Honest answer please-pretending to be nice won't help me, as I mostly asked here in order to know whether I should draw a final concept (which will take quite some time) and thus being nice won't help in getting an actual opinion.
(Even though honestly, I half-expect to read that this is a kindergarten-level drawing... :-/)

edit-typos

Treasure: ...
ddickinson: I like the idea of the Matrioska, especially with different characters nested inside. Unfortunately I can't really offer any kind of indication about if you would win, drawing has never really been my strong point, and so neither has drawing competitions. If GOG says that drawing skill doesn't matter, then maybe you could win, but I wouldn't know, maybe someone else has a better idea of what would get and honorary mentions.

I guess it would all depend on if you would enjoy making the image, so that even if you did not win, at least you had fun entering.
Thanks for the nice words from you too, ddickinson! I like this idea too (well naturally, it's my idea after all) :P However, I should mention that if I actually make a full drawing, it won't probably include anything nested inside (because of my skill limitations-if I drew nested characters, I'd have to account for a pseudo-3d depiction of the opened Manny matrioska, and drawing 3d objects that aren't rectangular is one of my weakest points). And about the having fun part, my "fun" would be thus severely limited by my frustration of not being able to actually draw what I have in mind. In short, I'll probably keep it simple to both achieve a better work overall and have more fun and less frustration while drawing.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Treasure
It's snowing !!!
Good morning *big hug* That sounds good, it also started snowing here :-) So we can have a snowball fight soon :P
It's snowing !!!
Morning, Owl! *big hug*

How are you doing today?

It's been snowing here as well, and despite the difficulties it can cause on the farm, I still get all exited about the snow. Me, my partner, and my brothers actually had a nice snowball fight this morning. Snow is always so much fun, just as long as we don't get too much of it.

LaPtiteBete: ... Aw... That's not an easy work... Please be careful, DD... :-\ ** Courage Hugs **
I'm always careful, I very rarely fall through a roof :-). It's just started snowing again, which is nice, but not when you are working and you end up wet and there is a strong cold wind. I'm just glad I have a nice thick top on to keep me warm.
Treasure: Thanks for the nice words from you too, ddickinson! I like this idea too (well naturally, it's my idea after all) :P However, I should mention that if I actually make a full drawing, it won't probably include anything nested inside
perhaps you could just put different ones next to each other going from big to small ones or something like that, then no nesting is needed :-)
low rated
moonshineshadow: I like the idea, if you can make a nice full-fledged version of it I can't see a reason why you should not have a change when participating. At least that is my opinion :-)
Treasure: Thanks for your nice words. :-) As I've already said, however, the final drawing won't be much different from this- I'll probably make the drawing bigger and try to make it look like an actual matrioska instead of its current form, but some basic elements (the face and suit design for example) will remain pretty much the same (even if I might change some colors-for example I'll make the tie red, as it is ingame, instead of black, as it is in this drawing). In short, it won't become a masterpiece or something, but only slightly better (and bigger).

gunsynd: Umm umm,do you wan't an honest answer or pretend to be nice answer???
Treasure: Honest answer please-pretending to be nice won't help me, as I mostly asked here in order to know whether I should draw a final concept (which will take quite some time) and thus being nice won't help in getting an actual opinion.
(Even though honestly, I half-expect to read that this is a kindergarten-level drawing... :-/)

edit-typos

ddickinson: I like the idea of the Matrioska, especially with different characters nested inside. Unfortunately I can't really offer any kind of indication about if you would win, drawing has never really been my strong point, and so neither has drawing competitions. If GOG says that drawing skill doesn't matter, then maybe you could win, but I wouldn't know, maybe someone else has a better idea of what would get and honorary mentions.

I guess it would all depend on if you would enjoy making the image, so that even if you did not win, at least you had fun entering.
Treasure: Thanks for the nice words from you too, ddickinson! I like this idea too (well naturally, it's my idea after all) :P However, I should mention that if I actually make a full drawing, it won't probably include anything nested inside (because of my skill limitations-if I drew nested characters, I'd have to account for a pseudo-3d depiction of the opened Manny matrioska, and drawing 3d objects that aren't rectangular is one of my weakest points). And about the having fun part, my "fun" would be thus severely limited by my frustration of not being able to actually draw what I have in mind. In short, I'll probably keep it simple to both achieve a better work overall and have more fun and less frustration while drawing.
Well I'll be Diplomatic and say I can't give you an honest answer at the moment....
Treasure: Thanks for the nice words from you too, ddickinson! I like this idea too (well naturally, it's my idea after all) :P However, I should mention that if I actually make a full drawing, it won't probably include anything nested inside
moonshineshadow: perhaps you could just put different ones next to each other going from big to small ones or something like that, then no nesting is needed :-)
Actually, that's a pretty good idea! Thanks a lot moonshineshadow for proposing it! Yes, that would probably work pretty well-and I could thus make the most difficult to draw characters smaller, in order to avoid drawing them in detail or something. I'll have to see of course what other characters I could draw if I follow this suggestion (I haven't played Grim Fandango at all and, even thought I like the plot, I won't be able to play the Remastered either until I get a better pc, so I don't know the Grim Fandango universe very well...Or maybe I could skim a Let's Play to see the characters...) Anyways, I'll see what I'll do this afternoon, as I have some time then.

P.S. In case I manage to make a drawing good enough to post in the contest thread, I'll probably mention that you gave me the idea to put the matrioskas next to each other, because credit needs to go where it's due!
Treasure: <snip>
Sounds good. I hope you have fun doing it and I am curious to see what the result will be. And I really like your idea and hope that gog is not too fussy about drawing skills since I can quite understand how you might feel, but let me tell you my drawing really sucks :D
Post edited January 30, 2015 by moonshineshadow
gunsynd: Hi Owl,
Don't hit any cops:-)
Hi, Synd !!
Lol, nope, I'll be careful !! ^^

moonshineshadow: Good morning *big hug* That sounds good, it also started snowing here :-) So we can have a snowball fight soon :P
Hi, Moonshine !!
** Frozen Hug **
Yay !!! Snowball fight !!
< Starts preparing loads of snowballs... >

ddickinson: Morning, Owl! *big hug*

How are you doing today?

It's been snowing here as well, and despite the difficulties it can cause on the farm, I still get all exited about the snow. Me, my partner, and my brothers actually had a nice snowball fight this morning. Snow is always so much fun, just as long as we don't get too much of it.
Hey, DD ! ** Big Hug back **
I'm... tired. Not enough slept. But it's fine... I don't have to wake up early tomorrow ! :-)
I'm jealous of your actual snowball fight !!! :-D

ddickinson: I'm always careful, I very rarely fall through a roof :-). It's just started snowing again, which is nice, but not when you are working and you end up wet and there is a strong cold wind. I'm just glad I have a nice thick top on to keep me warm.
Rarely... ? Ô__Ô ... Has it already happened ?
Just reading you makes me feel completely frozen... :-|
** Hot-water bottle shaped Hug **

Treasure: < Snip >
I like the idea either, maybe drawing all the characters next to each other, from the largest to smallest... maybe starting with Glottis, since it's the biggest one :-) ... But I thought you would actually make them in real matriochka shapes... more fat and "round"... I think like this they'd better match all together... (?)
Treasure: < Snip >
LaPtiteBete: I like the idea either, maybe drawing all the characters next to each other, from the largest to smallest... maybe starting with Glottis, since it's the biggest one :-) ... But I thought you would actually make them in real matriochka shapes... more fat and "round"... I think like this they'd better match all together... (?)
Thanks for your comments too LaPtiteBete! Well, moonshineshadow beat you in proposing this idea by a few minutes, but then again he didn't propose anything particular regarding each character's size. Maybe I will indeed draw Glottis as the bigger one (given his size), but probably with a closed mouth, because drawing all these teeth he has will be complicated. And I also already mentioned on aprevious post that the final shapes will be closer to a real matrioska (how close I cannot know beforehand because I'll have to see which shape fits each character). Anyways, as I mentioned, I'll try this out in the afternoon and post the result (if it's nice enough) on the contest thread.

Once again, thanks everybody for your kind words! :-)
Treasure: Thanks for your comments too LaPtiteBete! Well, moonshineshadow beat you in proposing this idea by a few minutes, but then again he didn't propose anything particular regarding each character's size. Maybe I will indeed draw Glottis as the bigger one (given his size), but probably with a closed mouth, because drawing all these teeth he has will be complicated. And I also already mentioned on aprevious post that the final shapes will be closer to a real matrioska (how close I cannot know beforehand because I'll have to see which shape fits each character). Anyways, as I mentioned, I'll try this out in the afternoon and post the result (if it's nice enough) on the contest thread.

Once again, thanks everybody for your kind words! :-)
You're welcome :-) can't wait to see the result... !! (and Good luck for the contest !!)
LaPtiteBete: Hey, DD ! ** Big Hug back **
I'm... tired. Not enough slept. But it's fine... I don't have to wake up early tomorrow ! :-)
I'm sorry you didn't get enough sleep. Was it due to your owlet? How is the teething coming along?

I'm glad to hear you get tomorrow in bed, with no early morning (except to look after the nest :-)). I'm hoping to get Sunday off work, my first day off in over a month (YAY!). I can't wait to just sleep in for a change, and spend the morning in a nice warm bed.

LaPtiteBete: Rarely... ? Ô__Ô ... Has it already happened ?
It has, sadly. I was light proofing and repairing a barn (for growing rhubarb in the dark, which sounds silly, but it works quite well.) and I fell through the roof. Luckily I wasn't too badly hurt, just some very bruised ribs, which took aver a month to heal. Bruised ribs are so painful, I couldn't even sleep properly or do other things, as it just kept hurting my poor ribs. Accidents are bound to happen on a farm. But I'm all better now, and so far no more falls. :-)

You get used to being out in the cold, as log as you wrap up warm it's not too bad. A nice thick coat and jumper work wonders, but if you ever find yourself working in the cold, especially when it's wet and windy, one of the most important thing to remember is a good padded bra, not to look good, but for keeping vital parts warm :-).

Well I had better make a move, I have finished sorting the sheep out and now I'm off to do the cows and then onto the greenhouse. I'm hoping to have it done in a few days, then I can make a start on the next two.

These are the kind of things we are building (the link below), but ours are not quite so high (as we don't need them that high), but about the same length and width. We are building them ourselves from scratch, so that we can customise them better for our needs, and it works out so much cheaper than if we buy them pre-made. It's more work, but I enjoy it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Greenhouse_at_Wilson_Farm%2C_East_Lexington_MA.jpg/1024px-Greenhouse_at_Wilson_Farm%2C_East_Lexington_MA.jpg
low rated
LaPtiteBete: Hey, DD ! ** Big Hug back **
ddickinson: I'm sorry you didn't get enough sleep. Was it due to your owlet? How is the teething coming along?

I'm glad to hear you get tomorrow in bed, with no early morning (except to look after the nest :-)). I'm hoping to get Sunday off work, my first day off in over a month (YAY!). I can't wait to just sleep in for a change, and spend the morning in a nice warm bed.

LaPtiteBete: Rarely... ? Ô__Ô ... Has it already happened ?
ddickinson: It has, sadly. I was light proofing and repairing a barn (for growing rhubarb in the dark, which sounds silly, but it works quite well.) and I fell through the roof. Luckily I wasn't too badly hurt, just some very bruised ribs, which took aver a month to heal. Bruised ribs are so painful, I couldn't even sleep properly or do other things, as it just kept hurting my poor ribs. Accidents are bound to happen on a farm. But I'm all better now, and so far no more falls. :-)

You get used to being out in the cold, as log as you wrap up warm it's not too bad. A nice thick coat and jumper work wonders, but if you ever find yourself working in the cold, especially when it's wet and windy, one of the most important thing to remember is a good padded bra, not to look good, but for keeping vital parts warm :-).

Well I had better make a move, I have finished sorting the sheep out and now I'm off to do the cows and then onto the greenhouse. I'm hoping to have it done in a few days, then I can make a start on the next two.

These are the kind of things we are building (the link below), but ours are not quite so high (as we don't need them that high), but about the same length and width. We are building them ourselves from scratch, so that we can customise them better for our needs, and it works out so much cheaper than if we buy them pre-made. It's more work, but I enjoy it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Greenhouse_at_Wilson_Farm%2C_East_Lexington_MA.jpg/1024px-Greenhouse_at_Wilson_Farm%2C_East_Lexington_MA.jpg
Just breathing hurts ribs too:-)
ddickinson: I'm sorry you didn't get enough sleep. Was it due to your owlet? How is the teething coming along?
Nope... It's all my fault this time !
Among the causes of my lack of sleep, you'll find :
1) The owlet is awaken/crying loud for a random reason
2) There is a howling wind/thunderstorm outside
3) I just don't want to go to bed, no matter how tired I am
4) My brain is stuck in a loop... classical insomnia story :-)
So yesterday it was a 3) :-)

ddickinson: I'm glad to hear you get tomorrow in bed, with no early morning (except to look after the nest :-)). I'm hoping to get Sunday off work, my first day off in over a month (YAY!). I can't wait to just sleep in for a change, and spend the morning in a nice warm bed.
Awesome program ! ** High Five !! **

ddickinson: It has, sadly. (snip snip)
Wow... :-( You live dangerously !
Glad to read you haven't been too badly hurt... and that you're all better now !!
** relieved hug**

Lol'd at the "good padded bra" !! ^__^ you're so right. Vital parts... !! :-D
Well, GOOD LUCK for all your works...
This greenhouse look awesome... I can't believe all that you're able to do... you're really impressive ! :))