It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Yes it's basically that combined with the process of getting rid of some unneeded stuff like old school books and other materials from school...

Oh i see. I think i know the reason for the higher increase. Kingdom had a negative regional pricing in UK, you had to pay less than others. This is apparently no longer the case with the new version.
Ah, that would make sense. Considering they claim regional pricing is for tax reasons, I find it strange that the first one had the discount here, yet the second one doesn't. But then I think we all know they just make up regional pricing to charge non-US or non-Russian places more for the games. :-)
Good moaning.

FRED HIJACK!

Do any of you ride?
ddickinson: Ah, that would make sense. Considering they claim regional pricing is for tax reasons, I find it strange that the first one had the discount here, yet the second one doesn't. But then I think we all know they just make up regional pricing to charge non-US or non-Russian places more for the games. :-)
Well it's not the only game on GOG that had a lower price in the UK than in Continental Europe - but majority is probably regional priced the other way round with a higher UK price than the base price.
ElTerprise: You played both the original and the Redux version right? I own both but i Haven't played them - should i play the original first or can skip it for the Redux?
Yep I've played both and The Cat Lady. That's a tough question to be honest. The original ties in well with The Cat Lady, but Redux slightly altered the story in places to feel much more "canon" to The Cat Lady and it has some fun little nods to it. Both have pieces of story and gameplay that the other doesn't and the unique bits are good in both games. I'd say Redux ties in better with The Cat Lady, coming across more like a companion piece to it, whereas the original felt like a standalone game set in the same universe, if that makes sense?

So all that said, my opinion would be to play the original, then The Cat Lady and then Redux. I'd suggest you go that way mainly because there's some jokes/backstory that you won't really "get/understand" unless you've played The Cat Lady first.
NoNewTaleToTell: Yep I've played both and The Cat Lady. That's a tough question to be honest. The original ties in well with The Cat Lady, but Redux slightly altered the story in places to feel much more "canon" to The Cat Lady and it has some fun little nods to it. Both have pieces of story and gameplay that the other doesn't and the unique bits are good in both games. I'd say Redux ties in better with The Cat Lady, coming across more like a companion piece to it, whereas the original felt like a standalone game set in the same universe, if that makes sense?

So all that said, my opinion would be to play the original, then The Cat Lady and then Redux. I'd suggest you go that way mainly because there's some jokes/backstory that you won't really "get/understand" unless you've played The Cat Lady first.
Thanks. That helps a lot :)
Don't know if i'm going to play them anytime soon so i probably write that down then ;)
Just some good morning hello's and waves. I hope you're all having a lovely day!

*big sleepy hugs*
Does a horse count? :-)

ElTerprise: Well it's not the only game on GOG that had a lower price in the UK than in Continental Europe - but majority is probably regional priced the other way round with a higher UK price than the base price.
We do seem to have a few games that are cheaper, but I think the UK along with Germany usually has the higher prices in the EU, and often the highest prices overall.

akhliber: Just some good morning hello's and waves. I hope you're all having a lovely day!

*big sleepy hugs*
*big morning hug to help you wake up for the day ahead*
ddickinson: We do seem to have a few games that are cheaper, but I think the UK along with Germany usually has the higher prices in the EU, and often the highest prices overall.
Not true on gog. Here UK often has lower prices then Germany and the country which has to pay the highest prices overall is Swizerland *yeah*
http://www.an-ovel.com/pages/ma_mtrc.php#TableVIII
Post edited August 09, 2016 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: Not true on gog. Here UK often has lower prices then Germany and the country which has to pay the highest prices overall is Swizerland *yeah*
I knew some clever clogs would appear and correct me. :-)

But surly you must be mistake. Regional pricing is fair and just goes by each nations tax, it is not like the publishers are just abusing this to charge us more than in the US for no other reason than being greedy, or in the case of the Russian market being pandering jerks. How on earth could you imply publishers and/or GOG would be that greedy. That was very naught, apologise to all those hard working honest developers and publishers. [/sarcasm] :-)

*big silly hug*
moonshineshadow: Not true on gog. Here UK often has lower prices then Germany and the country which has to pay the highest prices overall is Swizerland *yeah*
ddickinson: I knew some clever clogs would appear and correct me. :-)

But surly you must be mistake. Regional pricing is fair and just goes by each nations tax, it is not like the publishers are just abusing this to charge us more than in the US for no other reason than being greedy, or in the case of the Russian market being pandering jerks. How on earth could you imply publishers and/or GOG would be that greedy. That was very naught, apologise to all those hard working honest developers and publishers. [/sarcasm] :-)

*big silly hug*
Yep, it totally goes by each nations tax, that is why Switzerland which has a way lower VAT than other European countries has to pay more ;-)
*return hug*
moonshineshadow: Yep, it totally goes by each nations tax, that is why Switzerland which has a way lower VAT than other European countries has to pay more ;-)
*return hug*
Exactly, perfectly logical. :-)

You should be thankful your tax is that high, look at those poor Russians, their tax is so low they actually get a lot money off games. And it is of course not to pander to the amount of piracy there, it is for erm... economical reasons, yes that is the reason, economical. So you just ignore all those other poor or poorer nations, they don't exist, that is why only Russia and other former Soviet areas get the discount and no where else. Perfect publisher/GOG logic. :-)
ddickinson: *big morning hug to help you wake up for the day ahead*
Thanks, it helped! *big return hug*

Oh, I finished Dex last night, and I have to say, though I think I may have all-but talked you out of the game a short while back, I really did enjoy playing it. The voice acting bugged me at first, and the story wasn't quite as engaging as I'd have liked (it was interesting, what I could keep up with, but it had more depth than it did hook for me, and as a result I found I didn't have the attention to fully take in all the story details... at times just wanting to rush through dialogue to get back to running around exploring and shooting/hitting things.
All in all though, I really did have fun with it.
akhliber: Thanks, it helped! *big return hug*

Oh, I finished Dex last night, and I have to say, though I think I may have all-but talked you out of the game a short while back, I really did enjoy playing it. The voice acting bugged me at first, and the story wasn't quite as engaging as I'd have liked (it was interesting, what I could keep up with, but it had more depth than it did hook for me, and as a result I found I didn't have the attention to fully take in all the story details... at times just wanting to rush through dialogue to get back to running around exploring and shooting/hitting things.
All in all though, I really did have fun with it.
Talked me out of it... not at all, in fact I now own it, thanks to Soccorro the lovely gifter. So no need to worry, and thank you for the review of it, hopefully I can get to trying it soon.
ddickinson: Talked me out of it... not at all, in fact I now own it, thanks to Soccorro the lovely gifter. So no need to worry, and thank you for the review of it, hopefully I can get to trying it soon.
Oh nice! Glad to hear it. I recall you showing interest and me just rambling about how much it was bugging me in the beginning, haha. Turned out to be quite fun.
Oh, and as I was just telling Agent a bit ago, if you're the type to want to do every side quest in a game, I'd recommend pulling up the walkthrough that's stickied in the Steam forums for the game, and just not actually reading the walkthrough part if you want to avoid spoilers. There's a list on the right that shows a quest order that can really help you to know when certain side quests need to be picked up / completed before moving on with the main story.
akhliber: Oh nice! Glad to hear it. I recall you showing interest and me just rambling about how much it was bugging me in the beginning, haha. Turned out to be quite fun.
Oh, and as I was just telling Agent a bit ago, if you're the type to want to do every side quest in a game, I'd recommend pulling up the walkthrough that's stickied in the Steam forums for the game, and just not actually reading the walkthrough part if you want to avoid spoilers. There's a list on the right that shows a quest order that can really help you to know when certain side quests need to be picked up / completed before moving on with the main story.
Thank you for the heads up. Are some of the side quests missable then?