It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good evening B's and G's, hope everyone is well. I'm completely worn out from my napping marathon today. :-)
Still haven't found a game that is a 'just must' buy, I think I'm coming down with a case of common sense, don't ya just hate when that happens?
moonshineshadow: *big hug* Doing normal ;-)
Well, yeah I still need to decide. But to be honest I did not even try to decide on anything this evening :D
ddickinson: That is good to hear. *big hug*
Speaking of games, I seem to remember you talking about Myst with Agent, and I was wondering why you don't have the Dark Fall games on your shelf given that they are similar in how they play?
Because of this little tag saying "Horror" ;-)

EndreWhiteMane: Good evening B's and G's, hope everyone is well. I'm completely worn out from my napping marathon today. :-)
Still haven't found a game that is a 'just must' buy, I think I'm coming down with a case of common sense, don't ya just hate when that happens?
*big hug* Napping marathon?! That sounds great :D
Well, my wishlist has been down to one game for quite a long time, so I don't think I'm the right person to answer that question ;-)
Post edited May 14, 2016 by moonshineshadow
EndreWhiteMane: Good evening B's and G's, hope everyone is well. I'm completely worn out from my napping marathon today. :-)
*big energising hug*

How are you today, other than being warn out from your marathon? :-)

moonshineshadow: Because of this little tag saying "Horror" ;-)
Well, I have only played the first two so far (well, the first one, and most of the second), but I would not call them horror at all. There is no chasing and things like that as it controls like Myst where there are arrows at the edge of the screens. I don't even remember seeing a monster or anything like that at all. It does have a spooky atmosphere now and then, but mostly it is walking around and solving puzzles.

How about this, I have a spare key for the first two games which you are more than welcome to have. If you find that they are horror to you, then you don't have to play them and there is no loss. But if you find them not to be really horror (they felt more like a detective mystery to me), then you get two more games to play?
ddickinson: Just as I thought, hardly played any of them. :-)
I played Outlast, but that is about it. Stasis is on my wishlist for another day, I own the original Amnesia game, Realms of the Hunting, and Noctropolis (thank you again for the lovely gift), but I have not had chance to play them yet. But Outlast was a lot of fun playing with my partner. Sure it has its faults (mainly with pacing at points), but given that it is an indie game, I think it is really good, and has a nice atmosphere.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I still have somewhere between a lot and a metric shit-ton of games I've bought but never played.
Not sure it's really possible to beat them as fast as you buy them when you buy dozens and dozens at a time...

I started Outlast, but I put it on max difficulty for some reason. When I saw I was going to lose spectacularly, I shut it off. Then I got distracted by other stuff.
Hello, you have an intruder.

Well, I always feel like I'm about to interrupt a constantly ongoing conversation every time I look into this thread! :-)
ddickinson: How about this, I have a spare key for the first two games which you are more than welcome to have. If you find that they are horror to you, then you don't have to play them and there is no loss. But if you find them not to be really horror (they felt more like a detective mystery to me), then you get two more games to play?
While I appreciate the offer I have to decline. Since well, all of the games on my list need to be played and finished ;-)
And I'm also not really big on the detective mystery approach for adventures.
CarrionCrow: I wouldn't worry too much about that. I still have somewhere between a lot and a metric shit-ton of games I've bought but never played.
Not sure it's really possible to beat them as fast as you buy them when you buy dozens and dozens at a time...

I started Outlast, but I put it on max difficulty for some reason. When I saw I was going to lose spectacularly, I shut it off. Then I got distracted by other stuff.
I think Normal on Outlast is okay, but I can't remember. I know it effects the amount of damage the enemies do, but I don't know if it also effects their line of sight as well. Normal was still lots of fun, and you can still die, it just takes a few more hits, which is nice as it saves you having to die and repeat over and over as it is easy to get lost sometimes. What I like about Outlast is that there are many things you can miss. I like that they let you miss them, not force you to watch them all like many AAA games do.
ddickinson: *big energising hug*

How are you today, other than being warn out from your marathon? :-)
Other than a few well worn body parts acting up a bit doing OK here. Glad to hear you had a good evening to offset your crappy day.
blakstar: Hello, you have an intruder.

Well, I always feel like I'm about to interrupt a constantly ongoing conversation every time I look into this thread! :-)
If you're not an asshole, you're not an intruder. =)

I can see how it'd look that way. So long as people are awake, it's usually 2 to 8 conversational topics going at once.
When people are asleep, it's usually me talking to myself.
So yeah...it can be a bit busy.
Post edited May 14, 2016 by CarrionCrow
*wave* Nah don't worry, there are often several conversations going on at the same time, you can just join in ;-)

Hello there, intruder. :-)

I don't think anyone would mind you interrupting the flow of conversation here, it changes all the time anyway.

moonshineshadow: While I appreciate the offer I have to decline. Since well, all of the games on my list need to be played and finished ;-)
And I'm also not really big on the detective mystery approach for adventures.
Fair enough, it was worth a try. :-)
I do wonder if people actually do find the games scary or horror like. They really did not give that vibe to me. Although it does fall fowl of some terrible hot spots that you can easily miss with the mouse. But overall they are quite nice. Not anything incredible, but not bad.

Since there's no real topic here the chatter goes on endlessly. :-) Feel free to jump right in.
ddickinson: I think Normal on Outlast is okay, but I can't remember. I know it effects the amount of damage the enemies do, but I don't know if it also effects their line of sight as well. Normal was still lots of fun, and you can still die, it just takes a few more hits, which is nice as it saves you having to die and repeat over and over as it is easy to get lost sometimes. What I like about Outlast is that there are many things you can miss. I like that they let you miss them, not force you to watch them all like many AAA games do.
That works for me. I usually go for normal difficulty in games. (The normal difficulty for some of them just happens to be headpoundingly hard.)

-laughs- The "we paid money to make this, so you're damn well going to watch it" syndrome. Oh yeah, definitely a triple A tendency.

CarrionCrow: If you're not an asshole, you're not an intruder. =)

I can see how it'd look that way. So long as people are awake, it's usually 2 to 8 conversational topics going at once.
When people are asleep, it's usually me talking to myself.
So yeah...it can be a bit busy.
So, from what you're saying, stay out if you're bad-mannered, but borderline insanity is OK! :-P
EndreWhiteMane: Other than a few well worn body parts acting up a bit doing OK here. Glad to hear you had a good evening to offset your crappy day.
So we need to get you some new body parts. Do you want some younger models, or some matching models? I just need to know the serial numbers so we can get some replacements that are compatible. :-)

Thank you. *big hug*

CarrionCrow: That works for me. I usually go for normal difficulty in games. (The normal difficulty for some of them just happens to be headpoundingly hard.)

-laughs- The "we paid money to make this, so you're damn well going to watch it" syndrome. Oh yeah, definitely a triple A tendency.
I never thought the game was too easy, and if you die you have to repeat sections, so being able to take a few blows makes it easier as you don't have to replay the section so much, which would have made the game more annoying for me.

You of course won't miss anything very major, it does take control away now and then, but very rarely. You can miss quite a lot of extra bits, which is nice in a way that they don't take control just so that you see their work.
Post edited May 14, 2016 by ddickinson