It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Hello again. Had some issues with my internet but now it should be stable again...
CarrionCrow: Hey there, and yay for crappy, crappy internet. Hopefully it'll stop being so cranky now.
I hope so. It's slow as hell atm but there are atleast no hickups....*fingers crossed*
Otherwise i'll blame Kabel Deutschland...
j0ekerr: Doing fine now, but earlier I was battling with frustration in Dark Souls. This time however, it was not the game itself but the online component.
Allow me to explain: I had been unable to play online at all. Tinkering a bit, I somehow managed to get back online, and saw ample proof of connectivity. Then the damn thing crashed and from that point on there was no online gameplay. I kept trying to get online again with no success, until in a fit of frustration I did the equivalent of a table flip and uninstalled the damn thing.

Best thing I could have done actually.
I sympathize ... :-|
I know what "frustration" means... I almost threw my laptop though my window yesterday, as Firefow crashed and made me lose a message that I has been typing for 42,98 minutes.
LaPtiteBete: Aaaaaaw thanks !!! I love this owl coffee !!! :-D
Sorry to answer >6 hours later... I have a lot of work to do in the afternoon !!! >__<
No need to apologise, there's no obligation or time-frame for replies. Glad you like the pic. :-)

Is that work- work or being busy with home and family matters?

I've been busy with other community related things, so haven't followed the thread - I assume still no word from DD?
CarrionCrow: Well, I got back, took a nap since I hadn't slept, woke up from a dream where I'd been shot repeatedly and was being chased, but had just stabbed someone in the chest before they could taser me and drag me back to who knows where to do who knows what, did thread catch-up, saw what you mentioned, responded, and here we are.

The worrying thing is the possibility of Owl syncing up with me in any way. Poor lady needs extra hugs in a hurry if that's starting to occur. =)
LaPtiteBete: Luckily I hardly ever remember my dreams :-D
I'd give -you- this extra hug with pleasure, if you didn't hate human contact that much ;-p
So much better that way. Remembering my dreams tells me I've lost that two days up, haven't slept properly in a month fatigue level that typically serves as insulation from whatever intensely weird/bizarre shit is percolating in my subconscious.

That's very kind of you, and I appreciate the thought. =)
l0rdtr3k: MMOs are a nice distraction if the business model is done right.
Noooo, evil I say! MMO's will suck your life force by consuming all of your time! Sleep, food, time with family? Gone! Must be online with friends doing x-quest now!

;p
HypersomniacLive: No need to apologise, there's no obligation or time-frame for replies. Glad you like the pic. :-)

Is that work- work or being busy with home and family matters?

I've been busy with other community related things, so haven't followed the thread - I assume still no word from DD?
Yeah, it was work-work !!! :-)
And no, sadly still no news from our beloved DD... :-|
l0rdtr3k: MMOs are a nice distraction if the business model is done right.
genkicolleen: Noooo, evil I say! MMO's will suck your life force by consuming all of your time! Sleep, food, time with family? Gone! Must be online with friends doing x-quest now!

;p
At least with singleplayer there's a pause. You can save, shut it off, no one's depending on you to be there for those quests, you aren't having to schedule crap like it's an unpaid second job, and as a huge bonus, the stories actually have a frigging ending.
ElTerprise: Which remembers me of TESO. Might look back into that after it's redesign into Tamriel unlimited...
j0ekerr: I bought both guild wars games, I regret it not one bit, specially the second one.
I thought of buying them a couple of times. But then i'm not too much into MMOs after all. I got TESO because i like the Elder Scrolls games.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: So much better that way. Remembering my dreams tells me I've lost that two days up, haven't slept properly in a month fatigue level that typically serves as insulation from whatever intensely weird/bizarre shit is percolating in my subconscious.

That sounds so sh*tty :'-( ... (you say "fatigue" too ? as in french ?)... I wish you could find a rather more normal sleeping pattern again. I guess you've already tried many things (including lowering your daily caffeine intake ) ? ;-)
CarrionCrow: So much better that way. Remembering my dreams tells me I've lost that two days up, haven't slept properly in a month fatigue level that typically serves as insulation from whatever intensely weird/bizarre shit is percolating in my subconscious.

LaPtiteBete: That sounds so sh*tty :'-( ... (you say "fatigue" too ? as in french ?)... I wish you could find a rather more normal sleeping pattern again. I guess you've already tried many things (including lowering your daily caffeine intake ) ? ;-)
It actually works so much better than it sounds. The few that I do remember, like the being shot/nearly tasered one from today, the one where someone had shoved some giant needle in my leg so all the blood was pouring out and I could actually feel a sensation of being drained out until my limbs started to shrivel, one where some kind of volcano was involved? I don't really want to see that stuff. It's better to keep it buried.

Yes, I use the word fatigue also. Not in any sort of multilingual way, since any attempt at another language on my part would be embarrassingly, insultingly bad, but it's a word that gets general usage.

I've never really tried lowering caffeine intake. If anything, I used to experiment with doing even more.
Found out how much No-Doz it takes to become violently ill, for example.
Not the best time in the world, but lesson learned - don't take half a box of caffeine pills if you don't want to end up with your head in a wastebasket feeling like your heart's going to explode. -laughs-

But that is on the list of things to do, since I've been hooked on caffeine so long that I can't remember what it's like to not be taking it in huge amounts every day.
So now would probably be a good time to take the chemicals away and see what my brain does without them.
(Willing to bet on sheer panic for a few days, for starters...)
CarrionCrow: At least with singleplayer there's a pause. You can save, shut it off, no one's depending on you to be there for those quests, you aren't having to schedule crap like it's an unpaid second job, and as a huge bonus, the stories actually have a frigging ending.
Yes! I reallllly like being able to pause, especially since I'm a busy gal who can be pulled away by work and/or family at any moment! I can't count the number of times I've had to walk away from the computer, and not be able to get back to it for an hour or more! Hence MMO's = Evil.
ElTerprise: I thought of buying them a couple of times. But then i'm not too much into MMOs after all. I got TESO because i like the Elder Scrolls games.
The first one, was more like a diablo with prettier, fancier graphics. Once you left the the city hubs, your party was instanced, and you were left in the wild, battling monsters only with your party until you got to the next social hub. Kinda like running dungeons.

The second one was a truly open world in which you can meet any players anywhere. But my favorite part are the dragon fights. They're open world events that require at least a hundred or more players to pull off. The bosses are truly massive and they really manage to give off a sense of epicness in their scale.
ElTerprise: I thought of buying them a couple of times. But then i'm not too much into MMOs after all. I got TESO because i like the Elder Scrolls games.
j0ekerr: The first one, was more like a diablo with prettier, fancier graphics. Once you left the the city hubs, your party was instanced, and you were left in the wild, battling monsters only with your party until you got to the next social hub. Kinda like running dungeons.

The second one was a truly open world in which you can meet any players anywhere. But my favorite part are the dragon fights. They're open world events that require at least a hundred or more players to pull off. The bosses are truly massive and they really manage to give off a sense of epicness in their scale.
That actually sounds really awesome...
Post edited March 28, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: At least with singleplayer there's a pause. You can save, shut it off, no one's depending on you to be there for those quests, you aren't having to schedule crap like it's an unpaid second job, and as a huge bonus, the stories actually have a frigging ending.
genkicolleen: Yes! I reallllly like being able to pause, especially since I'm a busy gal who can be pulled away by work and/or family at any moment! I can't count the number of times I've had to walk away from the computer, and not be able to get back to it for an hour or more! Hence MMO's = Evil.
Right. You've got stuff to do, so an MMO would probably go horribly. I've yet to see one that isn't a frigging massive timesink, whether it's free to play or subscription, and I'm pretty sure they're built that way across the board, so it's like any other RPG, only you're progressing really, really slowly.
And everyone knows that RPG's are at their absolute pinnacle when you progress like a freshly salted slug.
LaPtiteBete: you say "fatigue" too ? as in french ?
Yes of course, it's one of the many, many loanwords the engliss language has. Allow me to illustrate my point with this famous quote from a usenet group.

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."

Also, Crow not drinking coffee? The day that happens I'll take it as a sign of Cthulhu awakening.