It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DiffuseReflection: Congratulations for the upcoming birthday! I am happy to enter the party, and any of the draws. Here are my answers:

1. My favorite Star Trek episode is the Next Generation episode "Darmok", where the TNG crew are trying to establish first contact with an alien race whose language is unique: all of their expressions are based on references to their history and legends, making them seemingly impossible to understand to someone who does not have a shared history. Picard and the alien captain end up on a hostile world together, working together to survive while trying to reach across their distrust and language barrier. The two captains eventually bond successfully, although at great cost, and Picard learns the rudiments of their language. Their experiences together become a new part of the aliens' language.

I think the episode is great for being all about communication and overcoming barriers. It's also an exploration of language, and of the importance of stories. One of the ways Picard learns to communicate is by telling the alien part of the tale of Gilgamesh, one of the first known surviving stories in our history (it's from ancient Mesopotamia, written on stone tablets about 2000 BC) - I think it was a beautiful way to bring together a story of our earliest history within a story of our far future.
Darmok is one of the most memorable standalone episodes ever, not just in Star Trek.

KetobaK: Nooooooooooooo!!!!
Haha. This reminded me I must be thankful to my parents for exposing me to Planet of the Apes at a sufficiently young age so popular culture didn't spoil the ending.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by ConsulCaesar
Thank you very much, GR! I will have fun crawling through the stars!
In the Party Favors list, I'd like to opt out of Broken Sword 2 and System Shock 2.
GamezRanker: Hey....the only one who is allowed to nitpick people's mistakes(spelling or otherwise) in here is me!
Oh ok, you can do it too....as long as yer nice about it :)
LootHunter: Sorry. I didn't mean it as a mistake. More as a sad fact that this person could have a wish fulfilled through the game but will not be able to get this game in this giveaway.
Hey, we are just joking about it! XD
Don't have to take us seriously, actually I got Alpha Centaury on my wishlist :D
Ruvika: Well, first of all happy almost birthday!
Second, thanks for this opportunity!
GamezRanker: *GR bows once more*

Ruvika: Well, I would like to go to visit Ross 128 b, one of the nearest habitable planets.
GamezRanker: With or without the (likely) Xenomorphs? o.0 ;)

Ruvika: As an argentinian, we like big parties, with a lot of friends and family, plenty of drink and food, music and the visit of the police at least 2 times in the night :D
GamezRanker: And I bet they totally don't show up just to get free food and drink. ;D

Jokes aside, that sounds like fun....if I didn't have so many mental issues i'd probably love to have such a big fun party(minus the po-po needing to show up, that is).

Ruvika: I watched the original movie and think it was really good, Sweet Dreams performed by Manson suits very well to the scene, very 90s.
GamezRanker: Glad you liked it. :)

Ruvika: Third, I'm in!
GamezRanker: For which drawings, though, if I may ask? For Shadow Man classic? For the Star Trek game credit? Or both draws?
With Xenomorphs and Ellen Ripley... obviously.

There is no food and drinks? Winston, my coat and hat, I'm leaving.
Winston: But you don't bring coat and a hat...
I thought you will give me one here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE I hope this song answer your question, dear Gamez from the dynasty Ranker.
low rated
Lifthrasil: Thank you very much, GR! I will have fun crawling through the stars!
"Sounds like fun.....well as long as you aren't crawling in anyone else's skin whilst doing so"

====

DiffuseReflection: In the Party Favors list, I'd like to opt out of Broken Sword 2 and System Shock 2.
Sounds good, but just so ya know: there's no need for anyone to opt out of particular games in the party favors draw.....I ask each random winner whet they want if their name is picked. :)

====

Ruvika: There is no food and drinks? Winston, my coat and hat, I'm leaving.
Winston: But you don't bring coat and a hat...
I thought you will give me one here.
Lol.....actually, there is food and drink(digital....as we cannot get the teleporters working right, so I cannot beam actual food/drink to anyone atm). I just expect my guests to show up first and foremost for my good company and the nightly amusements(contest questions/free games) :)

Ruvika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE I hope this song answer your question, dear Gamez from the dynasty Ranker.
Yes, yes it does....thank ye kindly. :)
Post edited September 17, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
*GR steps up to a small podium to make some announcements*

NickZah: I'm in for Star Trek Credit (I heard Mr Combs was voice actor for some ST video games, thats cool) and in for Party Favors.
"It seems you've been very very lucky. Simply tell me what party favor you'd like from the list in the OP post(of those not yet handed out), and it will arrive in your hands shortly"

===

Geralt_of_Rivia: Please enter me for Webbed as well.
"Just like matterbandit earlier, it seems you've also got a case of the webs....err webbed. Might want to check your private party messaging system for more info" ;)

====
====

General Party Announcements

Doc0075 has graciously added another copy of webbed to the party favors.
Also, i'd like to announce that any party favors left over after the party will be sent to finkleroy's GOG giveaway thread to find new homes(meaning anyone who got one already will then have a chance to get another there). :)
GamezRanker: *GR steps up to a small podium to make some announcements*

NickZah: I'm in for Star Trek Credit (I heard Mr Combs was voice actor for some ST video games, thats cool) and in for Party Favors.
GamezRanker: "It seems you've been very very lucky. Simply tell me what party favor you'd like from the list in the OP post(of those not yet handed out), and it will arrive in your hands shortly"

===

GamezRanker: "Just like matterbandit earlier, it seems you've also got a case of the webs....err webbed. Might want to check your private party messaging system for more info" ;)

====
====

General Party Announcements

Doc0075 has graciously added another copy of webbed to the party favors.
Also, i'd like to announce that any party favors left over after the party will be sent to finkleroy's GOG giveaway thread to find new homes(meaning anyone who got one already will then have a chance to get another there). :)
GamezRanker, can I update my entry and participate from the party favors too? I would like to participate for Elex if I could.
low rated
KetobaK: GamezRanker, can I update my entry and participate from the party favors too? I would like to participate for Elex if I could.
Good news: You're now on the list :)
Bad news: someone claimed Elex already :|
Thanks for the invite and the giveaway!

My favourite Star Trek movie is Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Why? Because it was the first Star Trek movie I ever saw: I was a child totally unaware of the Star Trek universe and it impressed me quite positively. And there were whales in it... :)

What would I do if I went into space? Probably try to do all sort of crazy stuff on zero-gravity.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, btw!!
If you want to know a Spanish birthday tradition, this song is for you ;)
Happy birthday and I must say you throw a great party! I'm guessing your birthday will be around the 20th?

I'm not familiar with Star Trek so I don't have any favorites when it comes to it.

If I could go into space and do it reasonably easily, I'd like to become a a space explorer; a polymath like Alexander Von Humbolt if possible. It will be interesting being a zeno-biologist and discovering and cataloguing all the new species that stand to be discovered when space travel becomes easier. Despite being Star Trek-illiterate, I guess you could say it is to go where no man has gone before.

Birthday traditions vary across states in my country but a common food eaten on your birthday in the south is payasam (iirc called kheer in the north). Its a sweet / warm dessert based on milk, liquid jaggery or solids coated in one of those with many sweet-themed ingredients like saffron, cashews and rasins added and eaten on special occasions. Traditionally, its made and served at home and shared with family and friends. Since there are many of varieties of it, its like a birthday gift to get the exact type of payasam you want. I've attached a picture of a milk-based payasam with vermicelli, which is one of the best in my opinion.

To me, the song seems cynical and a bit violently worded but seems to match the singer's reputation even though I've never heard any of his other songs before.

I'm not in for any of the games but am in for the Door Prize.

Happy birthday and thanks for the awesome party and giveaway GamezRanker!
And another thanks to Doc0075, Ywzywz and Geralt_of_Rivia for generously adding to the cheer!
Cheers all.
Attachments:
payasam.jpg (175 Kb)
Post edited September 18, 2021 by Shadowstalker16
GamezRanker: "Just like matterbandit earlier, it seems you've also got a case of the webs....err webbed. Might want to check your private party messaging system for more info" ;)
[Graciously bowing to the host as well as Doc.]

While I start webslinging this weekend maybe someone else wants to crawl through the underworld?

[Check your chat for a small addition to the party favors.]
Thanks for the invite and the giveaway!
And a happy birthday! :)

3. Maybe, I would liked visit the moon and see what space travel is like in the background. Also I would liked experience zero gravity. It should be fun... :D

4. I usually celebrate birthdays as a family and with friends. Usually birthdays are at home and I play some fun games for fun on that day on family.

I'll be entering only for the party favors.
KetobaK: GamezRanker, can I update my entry and participate from the party favors too? I would like to participate for Elex if I could.
GamezRanker: Good news: You're now on the list :)
Bad news: someone claimed Elex already :|
Attachments:
hmmm looks like q will be in pikard season 2 , does anybody watch pikard series?