It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
john_hatcher: How can you now know, which games have regional prices and what is the difference?
Cavalary: If you are as it says, in Sri Lanka, none. GOG doesn't currently have regional pricing there, you get the base (US) price.
In general, said it a bunch of times. For games added to the catalog before 2018, check MaGOG. For newer additions you can search for them in the dedicated thread, but with the forum's search function being as it is that may take a while, and either way what's posted there only reflects the pricing at the time of posting, and the most recent additions may take quite some time to be posted at all.
Alternately, you can use the api to check yourself. With the US price being the base price, you check for the US price and then compare to what you see. For that, you first get the game's ID (check page source and search for card-product), and then use it to go to api.gog.com/products/GAMEID/prices?countryCode=US replacing GAMEID with that number. Replace US with another country code to check it elsewhere.
I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but thanks for the explanation and I did use it and hacked together a little java program, that checks if a game has a regional price or not.

Download can be found at wetransfer.com ... https://we.tl/t-X6KTxiBAB4 (password is "gogripoff" without the ""). If you don't trust me, you might trust virustotal.com .... https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/84b72a39cddd304a438c7811695982ac13f811a49e64d96374a3ce2684f1827c/detection). If I find the time and there is interest, I might publish the source code one day.

To use this, you can export the two files (grrf.jar and grrf.json in one diretory and double click on the jar file (well, as java is, you need the jre which can be downloaded from https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp).

Then a beautiful constructed gui will open (and if you are not blinded by it, just copy a game url like https://www.gog.com/game/sniper_elite_v2_remastered for Sniper Elite V2 in the upper left textbox, select your language/region you want to know the price and press the button "get prices". Normally, like with the above example, you should see that Sniper Elite is 13,21% more expensive in Germany than in the US.
As I have not implemented any error checks, there is always the possibility of this program just closing without any warning, if something goes wrong and something I did not think of.

Hope, this is of use to someone.
low rated
Well, i just returned to GOG to buy a new game here instead than on Steam, just to find out, that prices are now the same...
Which makes me wonder, why i should continue to support GOG anymore?
You know... There was a time when i believed in you, and ignored all the negatives we customers suffer from...

But, speaking for myself...
This time is over...

Good luck, CPR...
low rated
Haydun: Well, i just returned to GOG to buy a new game here instead than on Steam, just to find out, that prices are now the same...
You know... There was a time when i believed in you, and ignored all the negatives we customers suffer from...

This time is over...

Good luck, CPR...
This would be more believable if you didn't live in a first world country where the average salary of a person is around 5,000 euros per month.
OmegaInfinityX: This would be more believable if you didn't live in a first world country where the average salary of a person is around 5,000 euros per month.
It's actually an average of €3.380,-/month in Germany.
And average means: there are people earning way above that...and people earning way below that.
And as an aside: our cost of living is much higher than it is in Trinidad or Tobago.
OmegaInfinityX: This would be more believable if you didn't live in a first world country where the average salary of a person is around 5,000 euros per month.
BreOl72: It's actually an average of €3.380,-/month in Germany.
And average means: there are people earning way above that...and people earning way below that.
And as an aside: our cost of living is much higher than it is in Trinidad or Tobago.
Imagine how we feel when you in Germany start to complain about the high prices on GOG and we're paying the same with 10x less salaries. :p
PainOfSalvation: Imagine how we feel when you in Germany start to complain about the high prices on GOG and we're paying the same with 10x less salaries. :p
Yep. That's why several people living in Southeast Asia have asked GOG when they'll start doing regional pricing for the area. Dear God! When even a cheap game costs the same as a day's worth of a food, you temper your spending.

Now that I'm not living in Indonesia, mind, it doesn't hurt as much.
Post edited August 01, 2019 by Crisco1492
That's gross if I'm not mistaken, so about 2000 take home.
According to this, it is 1.890€/m after taxes.
low rated
I haven't bought a game from GOG in over five months. I am not going to buy the single game I was previously considering. Good luck staying in business without my support. Peace.

-Some Guy
low rated
muddysneakers: I haven't bought a game from GOG in over five months. I am not going to buy the single game I was previously considering. Good luck staying in business without my support. Peace.

-Some Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBNNlyI0Dn4
Haydun: Well, i just returned to GOG to buy a new game here instead than on Steam, just to find out, that prices are now the same...

This time is over...

Good luck, CPR...
If all that interested you, were the slightly lower prices, then why even buy on STEAM? Indiegala/ HumbleBundle/ Fanatical/ Gamersgate/ GreenManGaming /Voidu always have coupons available during sales, allow for an extra 10%-20% off. You get a better deal buying anywhere else, other than STEAM.

Personally, I'm more than happy getting my games on GOG, because you know... I get to keep my games. I don't just rent access for them on STEAM. To each their own.

This time is over...

Good luck, CPR...
MadalinStroe: If all that interested you, were the slightly lower prices, then why even buy on STEAM? Indiegala/ HumbleBundle/ Fanatical/ Gamersgate/ GreenManGaming /Voidu always have coupons available during sales, allow for an extra 10%-20% off. You get a better deal buying anywhere else, other than STEAM.

Personally, I'm more than happy getting my games on GOG, because you know... I get to keep my games. I don't just rent access for them on STEAM. To each their own.
There is no discussion, if for 3$ you can buy 6 games that you will pay, on a huge discount, 25$ on GOG.
When, if, I will not be able to access my games anymore, I will find a solution: like buying them on GOG, where the price will be become 3$, after all these years.

Meanwhile, I can invest the money I saved a cross the years is something else.

There is also the aspect of games that are not coming to GOG; you are forced to buy them where they sell them.
Post edited August 02, 2019 by OldOldGamer
muddysneakers: I haven't bought a game from GOG in over five months. I am not going to buy the single game I was previously considering. Good luck staying in business without my support. Peace.

-Some Guy
tfishell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBNNlyI0Dn4
Your answer shows how GOG treats their potential customers. Do you think your reaction is the right one? As a business owner you should ask „why does he not buy games from me“ and „what do I have to change to make him buy again“, but yes, your answer is the GOG way of doing things. That means you are right!
high rated
OldOldGamer: There is also the aspect of games that are not coming to GOG; you are forced to buy them where they sell them.
... or not. Years ago, Empire total war came out. Had it been available on GOG I would have bought it, but no, Steam only. I never got it and probably never will, and I could probably find many other examples.

DRM is an Alzheimer disease that's slowly killing video game memory. All DRM-plagued games are deemed to become unplayable at some point in the future. Theoretically it would be possible that the DRM would be lifted by a patch before it becomes obsolete, but in practice almost no publisher does it, and even less has the obligation to do so. There are many games nowadays that are not playable because of that. People having a license for a game they can't play. That's immoral, and legitimises piracy by itself.

I remember some years ago, people voicing concern about what will happen if Steam ever goes bankrupt. Steam replied, and promised they would take measures should that happen, so that people will still be able to play their games. Yeah, *would* take measures *should* that happen. So, what's the plan in practice ? Let me laugh.
Post edited August 17, 2019 by NovHak
I have so many dos games I can't play anymore, simply because ... technology moved on.
Cars doesn't have replacement parts.
Planes end up in museums becasue people that maintain them are long dead, bring knowledge with them.

There is no plan.

Even GOG games will become unplayable, becasue technology will move on.
Unless someone, free of charge or for a fee, will port these old games to the new platforms, that will go to happen.
Or remove DRM from steam games long after steam will die.

Take DosBox for example: what would happen if no one will invest time in porting it to a new OS?

DRM free is better. No doubt about it. But it is, what it is.