It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
Stupid question : Is this means we will receive the same bundle discount scheme like the one on Steam ? ( discount for the bundle if we own one or more games from it )
My post disappeared :

Can we have the same bundle offer scheme like the one on Steam ? ( discount if you own one or more items from the bundle )
Post edited February 26, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot
[deleted]
Post edited February 26, 2019 by erbello
Which means that many gamers won't be able to get many games. That is really sad because it was one of the reasons that made many of us love gog and now it is gone. I wish you the best and I hope you don't close gog this year. Things don't look good.
This is somehow worrying news. Seeing all the news pages speculating about GOG being in financial rough water.

What I do not understand is that the store only shows me the prices in US$ right now. I cannot even change the currency settings to € anymore. So to me it seems, the store is back to the system it was in the past before regional pricing? I never needed the store credit anyway, although I appreciated the effort of course. I blame the publishers for introducing regional pricing, it was not GOG's fault and I do not think they need to compensate for it.

Right now though, from my point of view it does not matter if I pay 40 US$ which Paypal will exchange for me to around 35 € or if GOG pays the difference. The only thing that annoys me would be if I pay 40 € when it is really 40 $. I just do not see a reason why I have to pay more for the same in a globalised world (with the exception of poorer countries of course, but not in regions of comparable income). Maybe only the store has not completely shifted the regional pricing so that 1 $ = 1 € tomorrow again, which would be sad.
If this move will mean more games to GOG then by all means I'd say go ahead, the reasons are understandable. As long as GOG stays DRM-Free and supporting Linux, then I won't mind paying a bit more. At the end I'll still end up owning the game as opposed to renting it on other stores.
high rated
The removal of the original One World One Price (OWOP) system did put a bigger dent in my buying behavior than I thought.

I like to be as optimistic as I was back then but I have to be honestly: It won't change a thing. My gaming buy behavior is at an all time low. The current prices made me think trice before I buy and one of these processes usually comes to a "no" conclusion.

The FPP replacement for OWOP on a single game was never the reason to buy one; but the accumulated funds where; to get one I otherwise might not had i.e.

In the end a bit sad and a bit bitter but in the bigger scope... meh.
GOG.com: On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.
...urg. I wish you had not.
Quasebarth: What I do not understand is that the store only shows me the prices in US$ right now. I cannot even change the currency settings to € anymore.
Seems to be some quirk... works the same as always to me.
I, on the other hand, got my 2FA mail in Polish today...
MrFortyFive: I'm sure this won't sit well with plenty of users outside of NA, but I can appreciate the brutal honesty in "We need to make money and this is preventing us from doing that".
Same with letting people go. Sure it hurts to loose ones job, but if we look at the bigger, the other employers will still have a job and the company might recover. Any Star Trek fans will surely recognise what I'm aiming at here ;)

Personally, the FPP thing doesn't matter at all, games costs money anyway and a few cents here and there won't make any difference. It's like with fuel prises; if we really want/need it we pay for, no matter if it's 13 NOK or 18 NOK per liter.

On the other hand few countries has as much taxes as we Norwegians do, so... :P
I can understand your decision.

It was pretty good period of time by taking advantages so many times from that additional benefit, so I would want to say thank you so much for that.

Just stay #fckdrm and be awesome :)
Sad but understandable. I wish to keep this store. May we know what is the share for developers?
If giving the developers a higher cut will also mean more modern games to GOG, then I think it's a good trade-off. Competition among stores is strong these days, so it's understandable GOG has to make such a move.

Even if I end up paying more money than country xyz I'll still own the game because it's DRM-Free and frankly that's what's most valuable to me.
Post edited February 27, 2019 by Djaron_paybug
MrFortyFive: I'm sure this won't sit well with plenty of users outside of NA, but I can appreciate the brutal honesty in "We need to make money and this is preventing us from doing that".
Same with laying off people. Sure, it hurts to loose ones job, but in the bigger picture the others still have a job, the users/consumers can continue to appreciate the their products, and the company might recover from a bad time.

“Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

Personally, a few cents here and there won't make any difference at all. If the fuel prices are 13 NOK per litres or 18 doesn't matter, if we want or need it we pay for it. Actually, with having one of the highest taxes in the world on, well most things, it really is just a drop in the ocean.

Kudos for the honest comment GOG!
high rated
Really sad to see this, i don't like it a single bit but it's understandable.

That said, this will surely lead me to buy less games: all those that have a very unfair regional price. Previously i could ignore that because GOG was covering me, but not anymore.

Time to update the list of devs and publishers that are here and (ab)use regional pricing. It's not about a few cents, but many times about a few euros. The difference always made me buy a few more titles, and i think a lot of people from different places around the world that already suffer this on Steam come here to get a more fair price. I wonder if they will still come here after that. A few euros here and there are a lot of money (this is the point for GOG, but also for us) and i refuse to pay 20-30% more than others because yes, why not. A 40 eur game, for instance, can be 8-10 euros more. A 60 eur game can be 12-15 euros more easily. That's a few more games to buy with the difference.

Add to that that some devs/publishers already put their games here at a higher price than in other stores. Add also to that some bundles for a game+dlcs that are also not here, where you need to buy them separately and at a higher price. The result is too much money and a no from me, sorry, i'm not rich and that's not fair. I will have to wait for big discounts before buying such games, or i will simply add those devs/publishers to my black list.

I used to recommend people from Steam forums coming to GOG to avoid Steam regional prices (obviously, to people who didn't care about drm-free anyway) when i saw them complaining about this to a developer (both professional and indie and i can say that a lot of indie devs are not really aware of this, because Steam sets "default" prices for each zone ) I am really, really sad that i will be unable to do this anymore, it was awesome to open some eyes and make some people to come and buy those games here instead of Steam.

Epic store and it's "exclusives" can wait for me forever, though. I don't even want their "free" games.
That's a shame, but it's understandable considering how much you were forced to cover. Thanks for being upfront about it, though I wish the publishers/developers weren't so greedy.