It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The vampire in the high castle.

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection is coming soon to GOG.com.
What happens when the fate of an intrepid treasure hunter gets entangled with that of a vampire princess who also needs to reclaim her lost castle? Try addictive exploration, lots of real-time fighting, quirky NPC encounters, and two playable characters, each with a unique skill set. Now available in English for the first time, this game was originally known as Zwei II.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Odt4AUijhE?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited October 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
Zwei? What happened to Ein?
high rated
JMich: Zwei? What happened to Ein?
A bit of Drei humour I guess.
JMich: Zwei? What happened to Ein?
_ChaosFox_: A bit of Drei humour I guess.
OMG, you rock. I love puns.
Looks like decent distraction while waitin for Trails of Cold Steel 2. Depending on the launch price. We shall see.

And I had a good laugh while reading the first two posts (those are about the only three words in german I can translate without aid), thanks for that.
This one looks really nice. Wishlisted!
All is missing in this pretty good looking Zwei title is some Herzog love <3
_ChaosFox_: A bit of Drei humour I guess.
GR00T: OMG, you rock. I love puns.
PUNtastic!
Right guys?!

Heheee!
Heh!

H...

(...)

;(
Post edited October 06, 2017 by victorchopin
Don't sleep on this game if you've already Falcom's games on GOG. Even if you haven't, I can vouch for Zwei: II having a really cool mix of everything you'd expect in a Falcom ARPG: well-paced action, a lot of world/character detail, simple and effective plots, and great music and art. I hope this gets a lot more attention soon.
DonRumata1: Don't sleep on this game if you've already Falcom's games on GOG. Even if you haven't, I can vouch for Zwei: II having a really cool mix of everything you'd expect in a Falcom ARPG: well-paced action, a lot of world/character detail, simple and effective plots, and great music and art. I hope this gets a lot more attention soon.
Thanks for information. I already had a suspicion that would be the case. Looks closer to Ys than Trails, which is of course not a problem at all.
I didn't even know that was going to be translated, I was about to import it.
DonRumata1: Don't sleep on this game if you've already Falcom's games on GOG. Even if you haven't, I can vouch for Zwei: II having a really cool mix of everything you'd expect in a Falcom ARPG: well-paced action, a lot of world/character detail, simple and effective plots, and great music and art. I hope this gets a lot more attention soon.
huan: Thanks for information. I already had a suspicion that would be the case. Looks closer to Ys than Trails, which is of course not a problem at all.
In general, you could treat Zwei: II as a middle-ground, with Ys-like action (and bosses) and Trails-like NPCs, worldbuilding, and humor.

Zwei, however, segments its dungeons into individual stages you can clear multiple times to get the highest rank and, thus, more items. You travel an overworld to reach dungeons and towns; meanwhile, food both heals and is the player's primary way to gain EXP and level-up, which adds resource strategy. There's valid reasons to either consume food items separately or reserve them for cooking back at the game's hub town where you can get a lot more EXP. Both protagonists have skills to learn which increasingly expand combat and dungeon puzzling, and the game gives plenty of reasons to learn how best to use both of them (Ragna for physical attacks and agility, Alwen for magic and ranged support).

The game's one of Falcom's prettiest and should still run on toasters like their other PC originals from the period. I happen to really like the soundtrack, even if it has less outright Falcom rock than you'd expect from Ys or parts of Trails. And I've heard a rumor or two about this version having a notable technical upgrade beyond compatibility (Zwei: II already supports arbitrary resolutions and widescreen).

JinKazaragi: I didn't even know that was going to be translated, I was about to import it.
It shows how late XSEED's been with marketing the game. That aside, this release seems to be happening because XSEED licensed the long-going fan translation of Zwei II, which ended up in limbo a few years ago.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by DonRumata1
Looks a little unimpressive at a glance ( another PSP port or something? ), but it's nice to see some more Japanese releases.

At least no one can complain about the system requirements being too high:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: Intel Xeon W3505 @ 2.5 GHz (2-Core)
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro 600
DirectX: Version 8.0
Hard Drive Space: 5 GB
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 8
Mouse, Keyboard

These are some of the lowest sys reqs I've seen on here. I'm not sure I've even heard of the NVIDIA Quadro 600 before... And a DirectX version older than 9.0? The only weird thing is how they don't list Win XP as supported, given the low requirements, but I guess GOG stopped doing that altogether.
Ugh...
victorchopin: All is missing in this pretty good looking Zwei title is some Herzog love <3
GR00T: OMG, you rock. I love puns.
victorchopin: PUNtastic!
Right guys?!

Heheee!
Heh!

H...

(...)

;(
For that, you will be punished... :)
victorchopin: All is missing in this pretty good looking Zwei title is some Herzog love <3

PUNtastic!
Right guys?!

Heheee!
Heh!

H...

(...)

;(
GR00T: For that, you will be punished... :)
By punching?