It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Meet new factions, experience their stories, and let new ships terrify and enchant you at the same time. X4: Tides of Avarice, the third expansion for X4: Foundations, is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Let the beer (lager) and takeaways flow, so to the forum you shall go...
Salvaging at last, oooooooo very exciting change! Goading factions to fight each other in my territory will finally pay off.
The main gameplay innovation showed off by the trailer was picking up compacted garbage then throwing it in the trash bin... IN SPACE!!!

I do not get these games.
MischiefMaker: The main gameplay innovation showed off by the trailer was picking up compacted garbage then throwing it in the trash bin... IN SPACE!!!

I do not get these games.
Believe it or not, there are some proposals to do just that with broken satallites in real life. Well, minus the "compacted" part. ;)

On another note, this new DLC looks aesthetically heavily "X: Rebirth" inspired.
Post edited November 25, 2021 by Alm888
So February or March, I guess.
I'm curious about the two new ships (the pirate battleship and the luxury yacht). From the description, it almost sounds like they might involve some building (base? plot? not sure).

And the "Mk. 2" Odysseus looks neat. Can't wait.
> The 5.00 update will also bring AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) to X4: Foundations, using a collection of cutting-edge upscaling technologies to boost performance.

Does this include Linux version? It's kind of weird we can enable FSR in any Windows games running on Proton but can't do so with native games.
These games you need to wait 2-3 years to have them kind of finished.

In addition, with age, the patience to understand convoluted gameplay is less and less.

I'll look again in a couple of years.
1jocator: > AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution
Does this include Linux version?
I have hope as Egosoft's Linux/GNU support is good. Also, a question better asked on the developers' forum.
I have no idea about the present versions of the X series in Linux, but I burned myself in the past with them.

I still own boxes of X2-The Threat and X3-Reunion from LGP (Linux Game Publishing). They had a on-line server verification every time you installed the game and wanted to play it. But, you probably guessed it, LGP went under and the server stopped working.

So - I now have two useless boxed DVD's for X2 and X3 that cannot longer be played on Linux.

I hate DRM with a passion, because that are not the only games (Windows and Linux) that cannot longer be played because of that stupid DRM.

Anyway - I should contact Egosoft about that support. I do not think someone here on GOG has good answers about that.
JClosed: I have no idea about the present versions of the X series in Linux, but I burned myself in the past with them.
You could ask Egosoft if they are willing to give you GOG keys or discs with Egosoft's own home made DRM free Linux versions. If you happen to pass through Würselen you could even drop in with your old discs. They made completely new versions. Ever since they started publishing their own games, things have been much better.

There might very well be a sticky on Egosoft's forum about what to do in cases like yours.
Post edited November 26, 2021 by Themken