It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The not-so-quiet place.

Trüberbrook - A Nerd Saves the World is coming soon DRM-free.

Ah, the tranquil German countryside of 1967. Despite having no recollection of participating, Hans has apparently won a vacation here, the perfect opportunity to relax and finish his paper on quantum physics. Only, his paper gets stolen during his first night there, kicking off a suspenseful point & click adventure with hand-built miniature scenery and plenty of charm.
PaterAlf: Wow, for a Kickstarter game they really have some prominent German voice actors: Dirk von Lowtzow, Nora Tschirner, Jan Böhmermann

Also a very good soundtrack. Will definitely check it out on release.
Trüberbrook is produced by btf who are also running Jan Böhmermann's show. I guess it wasn't that hard for them to get famous voice actors ;)

But what really impresses me is the technique behind the adventure. Handmade scenery, digitalized with a 3D scanner to blend with the animated characters. Looks really stunning to me.
colorito: ... Trüberbrook is produced by btf who are also running Jan Böhmermann's show...
Not a German, never heard of him and the show. What are the good news?
I'm very much looking forward to this one. :)
Wow! This looks fantastic! I absolutely will be buying this in the future! :D
Looks very interesting.
colorito: ... Trüberbrook is produced by btf who are also running Jan Böhmermann's show...
i_ni: Not a German, never heard of him and the show. What are the good news?
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/world/europe/jan-bohmermann-germany-comic.html

https://www.dw.com/en/german-comedian-jan-b%C3%B6hmermann-celebrates-debut-on-us-late-night-tv/a-38598187

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/world/europe/jan-bohmermann-recep-tayyip-erdogan-poem.html
Only one thing to say:

Wahoooooooo.....
Looks absolutely marvelous. I'll definately need to get it. Although the title could definately be... improved.
Post edited February 06, 2019 by Breja
Great! I backed this and was expecting that it would come here, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
Wow, this looks stunning! I'm loving everything about it so far. Definitely going to pick this up when it drops. Thanks btf and GOG! <3
tinyE: NERD!?
HE LOOKS LIKE JAMES DEAN!
And that´s a problem how exactly? As if nerds couldn´t be handsome ;)

I am very glad this game is coming to GOG, as others have stated, production-wise it looks incredible, definitely insta-buying day one :)
Post edited February 07, 2019 by Tarhiel
Funnily enough the only people who even use the word "nerd" these days are usually instagram whores who think they're
"true gamer girlz!".
Looks fabulous, when he walks the entire scene moves and zooms in , when in a room its like he actually walks and you can see him getting close, unlike in old classic point n clicks...

Anyway the one and only reason why i skip this game is because of the walking... its not what i am used to and have played the past 30 years. ( and the system req. will be quite heavy aswell but i can always get a new PC, can't get used to modern movements and to much rotating / zooming effects though :D

Breja: Looks absolutely marvelous. I'll definately need to get it. Although the title could definately be... improved.
Look what i stumbled upon :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/924750/Harold_Halibut/

yep, stop motion game , looks good , so if people like this game they might like https://store.steampowered.com/app/924750/Harold_Halibut/

Seems many games like this are being developed nowadays which is a good sign ofcourse but i still hope some real classic games in old style no engine remakes like all the Fallout clones have, but a decent old 2d engine like classic fallout jagged alliance and everything like it, and maybe its not wanting but perhaps todays developers are just not able to create a game like that, many games use existing (3d) engines to build a game and 99.99% uses Unity.
Any still hope someday somewhere a new company shows up that is able to (re)create the games in good old 2.5 d style, with old fahsioned graphics, no shiny textures but just good old games.
Post edited February 07, 2019 by gamesfreak64
So happy to see that this game its coming to GOG!

I wonder if Tannhauser its some kind of hint of what we can expect about the story of the game (Yes, that Tannhauser, from the myth).
I also wonder if the name of the town reflect something about the plot: Trüberbrook can be translate as "cloudy-misty-gloomy brook (stream of water)"?
Referencing Bohren & der Club of Gore when describing the soundtrack is enough for me to want to get this. Come on!

But as a fan of classic adventures, pretty art styles, mystery stories and works of love, I don't think many games in the past 15 years gave me as many reasons to look forward to them.