It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prodeus is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Prodeus is the first person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques. It reaches the quality you expect from a AAA experience while adhering to some of the aesthetic technical limits of older hardware.
Dogmaus: Prodeus not coming on GOG: GOG curation sucks.
Prodeus on GOG: GOG curation sucks.
Just play the things you like, many are happy to see this here.
Does anyone know if there will be checkpoints or proper Doom style quick saves?
From the forums on the other platform:

"Answer from the dev:
Generalvivi:
"We've discussed this quite a bit internally. At early access, there will be at least checkpoints. Can't confirm manual saves until we have more time to look into the tech and see what is needed. It has to work across all platforms ect.
but! I will say, it's something I'm extremely passionate about getting."
Swedrami: From the forums on the other platform:

"Answer from the dev:
Generalvivi:
"We've discussed this quite a bit internally. At early access, there will be at least checkpoints. Can't confirm manual saves until we have more time to look into the tech and see what is needed. It has to work across all platforms ect.
but! I will say, it's something I'm extremely passionate about getting."
That's one downside of cross platform, when you lose functionalities on PC because it's unusual to have them on consoles. Vielen dank Swedrami! Btw I'm looking at the devs page and they have worked on Doom 2016, Bioshock Infinite, other AAA titles, so now I see where that AAA quality claim comes from. Let's see!
http://www.prodeusgame.com/website/index.php
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Dogmaus
Never heard of this game before, looks awesome !
If people are interested, DragonflyOS sometimes streams level making for Prodeus.
DragonflyOS Twitch.
I guess he made well known DOOM maps like Eviternity? I'm not informed on that, but the level making is interesting and the map editor looks pretty smooth to work with too.
Civvie made a good video on this game(you should check it out), I'm really glad it's going to be available on gog!
GOG.com: Prodeus is coming soon to GOG.COM.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

And it runs on Linux!

Can't wait for this. ^_^
Don't know what to say so I quote Caleb from Blood: "I want. I want, I want, I want!"
Nice, I was hoping to see this here. I'm glad that's happenning, and actually a bit sooner than I would usually expect. Now I just hope to see 3D Realms' Wrath: Aeon of Ruin here too.

:]
blotunga: I don't like retro looks on new games. I rather go back playing the old ones.
pkk234: I think there are multiple resolution modes as well as sprite or 3d mode.
In other words, you can play it all pixelated or in much higher resolution with full 3d enemies.

Here's a tweet showing the sprite/3d thing.
Interesting. I did not know that, and I actually quite like it. Even thou I have nothing against "retro looks on new games", quite the opposite, I still do appreciate, in this case, having both a "sprite" and a "3d mode".
Post edited June 08, 2019 by Waganari
Waganari: Nice, I was hoping to see this here. I'm glad that's happenning, and actually a bit sooner than I would usually expect. Now I just hope to see 3D Realms' Wrath: Aeon of Ruin here too.

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin looks amazing. I'm loving this old school shooter renaissance.
Wow, looks very interesting! Into the wishlist it goes.
This is why I say indie devs are here to change this industry for better. I appreciate the Linux support ^_^
Dang, was hoping for Parodius or Proteus.
Darvond: Dang, was hoping for Parodius or Proteus.
Not me :P Im probably just interpreting it wrong, but Proteus causes me to have an existential crisis.
Waganari: Nice, I was hoping to see this here. I'm glad that's happenning, and actually a bit sooner than I would usually expect. Now I just hope to see 3D Realms' Wrath: Aeon of Ruin here too.

GreasyDogMeat: Wrath: Aeon of Ruin looks amazing. I'm loving this old school shooter renaissance.
Aye, me too eheh. First Ion Maiden, then Dusk and Amid Evil, then Wrath: Aeon of Ruin and now this, Prodeus (by the way, these are in order of me fisrt hearing of these games). And yes, Wrath does look nice. Definately reminds me of Quake, obvisouly, but also a little bit of Action Forms' Chasm the Rift, just a wee bit (mostly the medieval levels).
Post edited June 08, 2019 by Waganari