It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reigniting that old flame.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The sequel to Obsidian's seminal RPG, which brought back all the immersion and attention to detail we remember from the genre's classics, is finally around the corner. Introducing naval battle mechanics, a new vast open world, a relationship system that now also affects interactions between your companions, and an epic story involving the re-emergence of an old god, it's shaping up to be the one RPG you'll be replaying for all eternity.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by maladr0Id
I should really try PoE 1 one of these days, it's been sitting in my account for quite some time.

In other news, the "notify me" button is back.
Coming Soon: Pillars of Eternity: This Time Without Paradox
huan: I should really try PoE 1 one of these days, it's been sitting in my account for quite some time.

It is a really great game if you like RPGs. Just be prepared to put quite a few hours into it. =)
Hope my Backer copy will register here properly. Cause last time you guys didn't give me update notifications, you didn't even have me as owning the game in the store listing. Very frustrating. And buying the Royal edition later did nothing for me but get me those extras I was missing, because that's the only edition listed as owned even though the Royal edition is all inclusive.
Frozen: Coming Soon: Pillars of Eternity: This Time Without Paradox
Yep, but still expecting Regionally-priced edition
Awesome news, I had no idea they are doing a sequel.
Frozen: Coming Soon: Pillars of Eternity: This Time Without Paradox
"Now with multiple upgrade paths between the various versions."
Cant wait to pla hope the KS key works with all te extras .
huan: I should really try PoE 1 one of these days, it's been sitting in my account for quite some time.

BoBFiSh: It is a really great game if you like RPGs. Just be prepared to put quite a few hours into it. =)
I happen to like RPGs, so would I like this game even though I dislike the Infinity Engine games?
GOG!
Pre-Order right now!!!
You can't be wrong with Pillars XD
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Reglisse
BoBFiSh: It is a really great game if you like RPGs. Just be prepared to put quite a few hours into it. =)
dtgreene: I happen to like RPGs, so would I like this game even though I dislike the Infinity Engine games?
I think so. One of the reasons I really enjoyed it was my options when it came to how I dealt with situations. It just seemed to have enough options that suited a varied set of play styles. I also enjoyed the lore but I know some didn't.

The combat though, does at times get a bit repetitive. I did regularly rely on my same tried and tested tactic more times than I care to think of, but perhaps that was as much my fault for not trying new things as it was the game giving me opportunities to fight.
dtgreene: I happen to like RPGs, so would I like this game even though I dislike the Infinity Engine games?
BoBFiSh: I think so. One of the reasons I really enjoyed it was my options when it came to how I dealt with situations. It just seemed to have enough options that suited a varied set of play styles. I also enjoyed the lore but I know some didn't.

The combat though, does at times get a bit repetitive. I did regularly rely on my same tried and tested tactic more times than I care to think of, but perhaps that was as much my fault for not trying new things as it was the game giving me opportunities to fight.
I should point out that it is the combat and growth systems that make me interested in RPGs; I actually enjoy RPGs that don't bother giving you non-combat situations that you have to deal with.
BoBFiSh: I think so. One of the reasons I really enjoyed it was my options when it came to how I dealt with situations. It just seemed to have enough options that suited a varied set of play styles. I also enjoyed the lore but I know some didn't.

dtgreene: I should point out that it is the combat and growth systems that make me interested in RPGs; I actually enjoy RPGs that don't bother giving you non-combat situations that you have to deal with.
Well there is certainly a lot of combat situations in the game and now that they've pretty fully patched it, you'll find that the levelling system has settled down quite nicely. It changed a couple of times over my play through which I'll admit made it a little difficult at times to get back into character - but that's all stopped now.
dtgreene: I should point out that it is the combat and growth systems that make me interested in RPGs; I actually enjoy RPGs that don't bother giving you non-combat situations that you have to deal with.
BoBFiSh: Well there is certainly a lot of combat situations in the game and now that they've pretty fully patched it, you'll find that the levelling system has settled down quite nicely. It changed a couple of times over my play through which I'll admit made it a little difficult at times to get back into character - but that's all stopped now.
I should probably point out that one of the major problems I had with the IE games was the real time with pause combat system (which I have described as combining the worst of turn-based and real-time combat while lacking the rhythm of turn based and the fluidity of real time), so I have a feeling I probably wouldn't like the game if it uses that system.

(There are other problems I have with the IE games, like BG1 inheriting the problems of low level AD&D (attacks missing too much and being too lethal when they hit), and BG2 constantly interrupting me with banter (including timed quests) when I'm trying to do something else.)