It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patron game is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Prepare for a survival city builder with a unique social dynamics system. Gather and produce resources, build your fledgling village into a prosperous city and navigate the intricate social tensions before they reach boiling point.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
This really brings me Banished vibes,
Will it have some sort of campaign/finish? Banished is a fantastic game but I didn't like the fact that it lacked some sort of "final achievement".
I've read that players will be able to build a giant mansion and its completion is some sort of endgame.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by karnak1
News article didn't mention, but there's a demo for this. https://www.gog.com/game/patron_demo Who the heck is the blue writing the articles lately so badly?!?
karnak1: This really brings me Banished vibes,
Will it have some sort of campaign/finish? Banished is a fantastic game but I didn't like the fact that it lacked some sort
If you haven't, check out Endzone. An expansion for it was just announced. It's "Banished but post-apocalyptic" and really well-polished.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by mqstout
mqstout: News article didn't mention, but there's a demo for this. https://www.gog.com/game/patron_demo Who the heck is the blue writing the articles lately so badly?!?
Will it have some sort of campaign/finish? Banished is a fantastic game but I didn't like the fact that it lacked some sort
mqstout: If you haven't, check out Endzone. An expansion for it was just announced. It's "Banished but post-apocalyptic" and really well-polished.
Thanks. It's on my wishlist now.
Does it have some sort of final goal or does the game goes on and on without some sort of "closure"?
mqstout: Endzone
karnak1: Does it have some sort of final goal or does the game goes on and on without some sort of "closure"?
There's an in-game log of all the possible things you can do, and it'll eventually show 100%. The main long-term goal is to research all the technologies available and explore all the explorable locations. But you can keep building indefinitely after that if you'd like. The game also has challenge scenarios with specific set-up conditions and goals.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by mqstout
Wonderful!
A lot of games like this being developed after Banished, but most of them really seem to be too similar to it without having enough of its own thrown into the formula to offer a unique experience.
The only one that could do that is the one with the worst title, Kingdoms Reborn, which unfortunately isn't available on GOG (yet).
karnak1: Does it have some sort of final goal or does the game goes on and on without some sort of "closure"?
mqstout: There's an in-game log of all the possible things you can do, and it'll eventually show 100%. The main long-term goal is to research all the technologies available and explore all the explorable locations. But you can keep building indefinitely after that if you'd like. The game also has challenge scenarios with specific set-up conditions and goals.
Thank you.
BranjoHello: The only one that could do that is the one with the worst title, Kingdoms Reborn, which unfortunately isn't available on GOG (yet).
That does look pretty good. Almost like an indie-like take on Anno actually.

Personally, of all the upcoming settlement/building management games I'm still the most interested in Foundation, but that won't fully release until sometime next year... if we're lucky.
I'm playing the demo now and this thing is very heavy on the GPU for the image quality it has.

With an RX 580 I'm getting around 35FPS at 1080p with the GPU at 100% and the fans going crazy, even at Normal settings with particles, shadows and depth of field disabled.

Maybe they haven't optimized for Radeon GPUs yet or this is just a thing with the Beta build, but otherwise it's a bit surprising (the RX 580 is very close in performance to the recommended RX 590.)

Edit: Even at 1366x768p, with everything at the lowest settings and a 45FPS frame cap I have the same problem. The game seems to be hammering the graphics card unnecessarily for some reason.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by FalloutDefault
GOG.com: Prepare for a survival city builder - Patron is coming soon to GOG.COM!
I'm a sucker for this kind of games.
So - to the wishlist it goes.
So if I already got Banished, and still have a way to go in that one, there is no compelling reason to get this one, is there?
Note that it doesn't tell you in advance but in the demo there is a 2 hour limit per game in addition to the locked stuff (and I think it may count pause time). Also, checking Steam the release is currently scheduled for August 10th and the price $20, not counting the soundtrack (if we get it here) and supporter pack with some kind of extras (there is a DLC option in the launcher so I'm guessing they are planning additional content as well).

I also noticed my R9 390 got the fans going. I see there are PhysX dlls in the game directory (not sure what game engine but doesn't look like Unity?) so it could be a Radeon thing, although the minimum specs are surprisingly high considering Banished runs fine on a decade old system with integrated video (at least for me as someone who doesn't notice quite low framerates). I checked quickly and I'm getting 15FPS in this one when moving the map with maxed setting (which is fine for me). IMO, the graphics are not quite as nice as Banished, although they are similar and there is more variety in this one.

The gameplay includes an almost exact copy of Banished (but with a few anti-frustration changes like laborers also being builders) and adds quite a bit extra, although the terrain is more limited and is either flat or unbuildable (no tunnels) and at least the demo map is smaller than the largest Banished maps (there are a bunch of different map options). I like the egalitarian aspect of Banished, don't like unlocks in builders (unless it is special buildings like in Sim City), and prefer to turn off disasters (the demo didn't show what those will be like, at least as far as I got, although it did show you can turn them off), but I'll get this one at some point.
Post edited July 23, 2021 by joveian
high rated
Will it have some sort of campaign/finish? Banished is a fantastic game but I didn't like the fact that it lacked some sort of "final achievement".
I've read that players will be able to build a giant mansion and its completion is some sort of endgame.
Hello! Yes, that is correct, once entire research tree is completed, a Patron's Mansion is available to be built. If you survive that long, you've deserved one :)
GOG.com: Prepare for a survival city builder - Patron is coming soon to GOG.COM!
BreOl72: I'm a sucker for this kind of games.
So - to the wishlist it goes.
In that cas, thank you for the vote of confidence. We will do our best to make you very pleased on August the 10th :)
jackster79: So if I already got Banished, and still have a way to go in that one, there is no compelling reason to get this one, is there?
Hello! Well, basic mechanics is indeed tailored to be similar to Banished, but full game version will have quite a few differences in managing gameplay. Demo was relatively locked and unfinished, so full version won't have the similar gameplay. And as game advances, there are more and more differences to Banished concept. We really hope Patron will seem familiar but also sufficiently different then any similar game. But players will ofcourse have the last say here...
Post edited July 23, 2021 by MarioNemec
MarioNemec: (...)
Thanks for dropping by. The game looks very promising. Just from the demo, it looks like it could have a bit more complexity than Banished after the mid-game.

Also, you might have already read my previous post in this thread, but do you know if there is any issue with Radeon GPUs when running the demo? I was seeing very high wattage and temps no matter the graphic settings.