It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky: Beyond free content update is coming DRM-free on August 14th.

Jumpstart your engines by getting No Man's Sky 50% off until August 21st, 5 PM UTC.

Beyond will contain three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features Hello Games have been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how they have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded online experience will bring a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Meanwhile, VR support will bring the entire game experience to life in virtual reality. Anything possible in No Man’s Sky, NEXT or any other update will soon be ready and waiting as an immersive and enriched VR experience.
Starkrun: Content patches.. there have been no DLC's for the game... just massive content patches:
Foundation
Path Finder
Atlas Rises
NEXT
The Abyss
Visions
Beyond
But they are free .
Starkrun: Question for a BLUE are we finally crossplay with Steam on this to help fill the mulitplayer void? That was one of the hardest parts being on GOG. the long wait and sparse players at the galactic hub.

It would be nice but I understand what that request means for the DEV team... Really excited to hear the VR will work without issue on our version here on GOG. Thanks for all the hard work Hellogames and GOG!
HG said in one of the preview articles that there won't be crossplay between platforms. I assume this also applies to Steam/GOG as well.

tort1234: Even though the base game received so many negative reviews, people will still continue buying the DLCs.
Every single content update for the game has been free, so not sure what DLCs you think people are buying.
mintee: *rings bell!
If only they'd ditch the rep system and give everyone a bell!
josthereal: I do love that they keep bringing free updates. That's why I finally after all these years decided to buy the game :) Let's have some fun (hopefully)!
Now seems to be a good time to get in. :o
Post edited August 11, 2019 by richlind33
tort1234: Even though the base game received so many negative reviews, people will still continue buying the DLCs.
What are you talking about?
seems like they fixed a bunch of stuff and made the game enjoyable. debating whether to get it now for 50% off or wait for a better deal. i have a shit ton waiting to play so can wait.... hmmm
high rated
You realize this "DLC" is free right.... all of them have been
low rated
Goodoldebola: You realize this "DLC" is free right.... all of them have been
I guess they earned enough money for one of the worst release ever.
Still, the price is quite steep for whatever they released.
GOG.com: No Man's Sky: Beyond free content update is coming DRM-free on August 14th.

Jumpstart your engines by getting No Man's Sky 50% off until August 21st, 5 PM UTC.

Beyond will contain three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features Hello Games have been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how they have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded online experience will bring a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Meanwhile, VR support will bring the entire game experience to life in virtual reality. Anything possible in No Man’s Sky, NEXT or any other update will soon be ready and waiting as an immersive and enriched VR experience.
Is this UK date/time??? Hense the 15th here in New Zealand Thanks Laurie (New Zealand)
I was thinking Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), UTC +0 but it's already an hour 40 passed midnight of the 14th soooo.... guess not.
Gobydon: I was thinking Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), UTC +0 but it's already an hour 40 passed midnight of the 14th soooo.... guess not.
Normal work day for HG should start in about 3 hours or so. I don't expect anything before that. And even then do not forget the mandatory morning office routine (getting coffee, colleague banter, getting more coffee, etc).
swsoboleski89: can't believe people are still falling for this
If you hate it so much - why are you here (wasting your time when you could be somewhere else)???
OldOldGamer: Still preordering nonsense?

OMG... I l have fun reading awful reviews.
Pre-ordering what? This is a free DLC the game came out 3 years ago
It's obvious you haven't looked at what the game is even once. If you don't know anything about the game, don't play it and just rant about it llike a 15 year old kid, go take your wining to your mommy
Post edited August 14, 2019 by MisterZepter
UK_John: I am only interested in solo play, so this is the smallest update from Hello Games, not the largest, as far as I am concerned. And while you have the right to be concerned about multiplayer and VR, I am just hoping we at least get the solo play stuff, because I am worried it's a case of "all or nothing".
Did you watch Sean Murray's interview that came recently about this game? If you did, you wouldn't be writing this, because there is much more with base building and new mechanics improved space combat. Just watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAo7b4HjtjQ
falloutttt: Game was fine since day one. Not perfect, but fine. And with every update, it only got better.
rtcvb32: A lot of expected features were not there.

Though the super limited inventory space and constantly having to keep refilling certain items to stay alive was a bit grindy.

But i suppose it depends on the person. Some people just want to be busy for a while and shut off their brains while they gather said resources for a few hours, which it certainly might hit those zen moments.

Just recalling the intro Angry Joe did of his review, which sums up how i'd feel about the game if i was getting those messages all the time, making it a grind-fest and not an enjoyable experience.
Good thing it wasn't a grind fest for a long time now.
ChrisGamer300: I guess this is a good time to buy it and try for myself, i hope it's worth it for 50% off and has improved enough.
It's improved much more than enough. It definitely is a work of the highest caliber even now.
Post edited August 14, 2019 by MisterZepter
ChrisGamer300: I guess this is a good time to buy it and try for myself, i hope it's worth it for 50% off and has improved enough.
MisterZepter: It's improved much more than enough. It definitely is a work of the highest caliber even now.
Thanks it's good to hear, i haven't actually bought it yet so i need to hurry up !

Also thanks to previous posters opinions to me that i haven't responded to directly, i have read them all however.
Post edited August 14, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
Is it live?