It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
tfishell: I have to wonder if we're building up "internet rage" that will eventually boil over significantly enough into the real world.
LootHunter: Aren't al-right/antifa - this exact rage?
A part of it, but I think that's mainly to do with the 2016 election and GRONALD BRLUMPF.

---

Also Review Thread on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/7x7xni/kingdom_come_deliverance_review_thread/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=new&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Games
Post edited February 13, 2018 by tfishell
Middling scores all around and ACG saying "Wait For Sale".
Monster Hunter World for me it is, then.
pmcollectorboy: Middling scores all around and ACG saying "Wait For Sale".
Monster Hunter World for me it is, then.
What's "middling" (I know what it means, just curious what the range seems to be). I don't want to spoil the game so I'm sort of avoiding reviews for now. Are we talking like high 70s / mid 80s (totally fine with that)?

I was a fan of the full 100 point review score. Back when a 93+ game really MEANT something (and not just every new AAA game being a 90+) and when an 80-85 was a totally excellent game that just might have been a bit niche or a with a few niggling issues.
Well it looks like it's up and down. Some are rating it high. Some are rating it low. Those that are rating it low are critics who couldn't overlook the bugs. Lowest I've seen is a 4/10.
Ixamyakxim: What's "middling" (I know what it means, just curious what the range seems to be). I don't want to spoil the game so I'm sort of avoiding reviews for now. Are we talking like high 70s / mid 80s (totally fine with that)?

I was a fan of the full 100 point review score. Back when a 93+ game really MEANT something (and not just every new AAA game being a 90+) and when an 80-85 was a totally excellent game that just might have been a bit niche or a with a few niggling issues.
Here's a list of the scores for the reddit link provided by tfishell (forgive me, but I won't bother matching the scores with the reviewer):

2.5/5
7/10
6.5/10
4.5/5
76/100
8/10
90%
8/10
9/10
3.5/5
7.5/10
6/10
8/10
4/10
3/5

There were about a half dozen 'no verdict' votes as well (although they oddly mostly seem to be relatively positive about the game), but one in particular stands out, as he said he was 'blown away' by the game (not sure why he felt he wasn't ready to rate it though).
GR00T: There were about a half dozen 'no verdict' votes as well (although they oddly mostly seem to be relatively positive about the game), but one in particular stands out, as he said he was 'blown away' by the game (not sure why he felt he wasn't ready to rate it though).
"No verdict" is typically either from a site like RPS that doesn't use scores or because it's a review-in-progress (some games take a steep nosedive in quality or become absolutely brilliant toward the very end, which could significantly alter the number). The "blown away" one is one of the in-progress ones.
Game is being received well on Steam. Buggy, but that's no surprise these days.

Also:

ACG Review
Post edited February 14, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
Some info from the first reviews:

The game is (currently) a buggy mess, even after the 28 GB Day-1-patch.

Underwhelming performance, even on high-end computers.

World is much smaller and less "open" as expected.

Checkpoint saving system. No quick-saves. Very limited manual saving (you have to travel back to your own bed or alternatively consume a special "saving potion" which is expensive and has other negative effects on your stats).

Big DLC already announced --> some may want to wait for a GOTY.

For Kickstarter backers: The physical goodies are not as promised: Carton box instead of steel case, in-game manual instead of printed, making-of not on physical DVD, T-shirt only as "one size fits all".

- - - - -
Doesn't look too great...
Post edited February 14, 2018 by ChrisSZ
Holding at 75% approval rating on Steam (11:37pm, 2/13/2018)
ChrisSZ: Big DLC already announced --> some may want to wait for a GOTY.
If that's the case, then... Indeed.
Just received my package today, so hopefully I should have a few hours to play it later (I'm definitely going to mod the save system first, though. Jesus.) I am pretty annoyed about the missing items, not so much because I was desperate for a metal box or printed manual, but because they didn't think to inform us or apologise until people started receiving their boxes and complaining about it. That said, the stuff that has arrived looks pretty good. Fingers crossed I can actually run the game at a decent setting, and don't run into most of the bugs people have complained about.
ChrisSZ: Checkpoint saving system. No quick-saves. Very limited manual saving (you have to travel back to your own bed or alternatively consume a special "saving potion" which is expensive and has other negative effects on your stats).
Unless that can be modded or is changed at some point, this definitely puts the game right into the 'don't buy until it's bargain binned' category for me.

*edit* And a third person point of view is added/modded as well... :P
Post edited February 14, 2018 by GR00T
GR00T: Unless that can be modded or is changed at some point, this definitely puts the game right into the 'don't buy until it's bargain binned' category for me.
Apparently there isn't even a 'save on exit' function, which just boggles my mind. However, there's already a mod up on the Nexus allowing unlimited saves.
GR00T: Unless that can be modded or is changed at some point, this definitely puts the game right into the 'don't buy until it's bargain binned' category for me.
DebbieL: Apparently there isn't even a 'save on exit' function, which just boggles my mind. However, there's already a mod up on the Nexus allowing unlimited saves.
Okay, that's excellent news. I wasn't aware of how moddable the game would be. Now, if there's a third person mode, I'd likely jump on this one. I'll have to keep an eye on the mods for this. Thanks for the heads up.
...So I will not be playing this today, because when I tried to install from the disks I was sent, it installed around 3GB (from 4 DVDs!) and is now downloading the rest of the 31.7GB installation from Steam. This takes around 5 1/2 hours on my connection, which means the download will be finished between 2 and 3am, on a workday. What the hell?! What was the point of the disks, then?

Urgh. Whatever. Going to bed now.