It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
vulchor: You answered your own questions, lol. Warhorse is the publisher on PC, and it was their decision. ;) I get your point
Since there is really no publisher in this case, just developer, GOG could make it more clear in the statement.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by shmerl
CharlesGrey: "Henry, the son of a blacksmith"... Sorry, not enough to capture my interest. Either give me a truly interesting, well designed character, or let me create my own, otherwise I'll stick to the games which provide those things.
drealmer7: I'd think ppl would know better.

I read the description of the game and if you go by standard tropes it's more likely that you aren't simply just the son of the blacksmith as it appears, but some yet-to-be-revealed plot reasons that you're something else potentially. It says the king orders your village burned himself, and then you spend the whole game trying to take him down / avoid being killed because of his decree, gee, I wonder if something more than meets the eye could be going on (no, I doubt they are transformers.)
Of course there's likely more to the character -- Although, if the king's men were really after him, it's rather "convenient" that he survived, while his whole town was butchered and burned to the ground. In any case, they could still provide players with the ability to customize the main character's appearance, especially as they already seem to have a very advanced character editor system. It's not like that would keep them from telling a good story. If I'm going to play as a generic looking dude, at least I want it to be my generic looking dude.
Beautiful that they allowed GOG DRM free release. Props to the makers. Too bad my computer won't be able to handle this game, but might buy it later in the future.
high rated
I'm glad to see this game is releasing DRM-free after all - I didn't pledge to the Kickstarter because the devs said that they weren't planning a DRM-free release.

Having to wait two weeks for the DRM-free version is fine by me if that's what it takes to make a skittish publisher (or the developers themselves) comfortable releasing here. Heck, maybe this could become a standard option offered to publishers who are on the fence about releasing their games DRM-free. It's not ideal, but it could move the industry in the right direction, and we might see more brand new games coming to GOG.

As always, I hope they sell the preorder bonus as DLC after release.
Nice, that they decided to go the DRM free route! Especially as some time ago that was still said to be unlikely.

But darn... can't say how much I wished they wouldn't have been at the gamescom... and by that supported that awful B.l.U. ...
I simply can't provide money to people that support such an association and their machinations.

Well, at least not that much... maybe in 3-5 years, when it's budget priced. :(
Post edited February 04, 2018 by seelenernter
Nice having it on GOG. But not alowing backers to chose GOG instead of Steam is just wrong. As a backer I'm very disssapointed with their decision.
dragonwanderer: Nice having it on GOG. But not alowing backers to chose GOG instead of Steam is just wrong. As a backer I'm very disssapointed with their decision.
Yeah but we don't know what's behind that decision.

Did they do it because they're bad people who want to troll their fans? Or maybe they had no choice in the matter? Sometimes things develop sub-optimally and we can't do anything about it. I can't even imagine how much stress, grey hair and compromises have to go into game development, especially these huge, high-budget open world games.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Aalda11
I was able to play this game on PGA expo last year and it surprised me with how many cool mechanics it had. At first glance, protagonist doesn't look interesting at all and facial expressions are pretty outdated if you compare it to most modern AAAs, but I believe the beauty of KC:D will lie somewhere else.

For example, if you ride your horse around people's houses at night, inhabitants go outside with torches and yell at you for waking them up. Plus, there's a great skill tree with MULTIPLE skills for drinking alone (I recall "Safe Passage", which allows you to wake up in your bed after night of excessive drinking with all your items/body parts intact).

I managed to smuggle a screenshot (with full consent from devs :) ) from alpha: https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/916611387312541696

Sad about 2 weeks delay, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do but wait.
Am I the only one who feels like looking at Witcher 3 screenshots in this game's store page?
Engerek01: Am I the only one who feels like looking at Witcher 3 screenshots in this game's store page?
you're not alone. people have suggested that it's more about exploration and not about magic or monsters. even then i like to jump into the witcher's world and not fight monsters or use magic. especially in skellige travelling in the boat from one location to another, but there you are.

outstarwalker:
hello. :)

i always get emails from gog saying gog is now streaming but it always happens when i am not here. :P
Post edited February 04, 2018 by timmy010
seelenernter: Nice, that they decided to go the DRM free route! Especially as some time ago that was still said to be unlikely.

But darn... can't say how much I wished they wouldn't have been at the gamescom... and by that supported that awful B.l.U. ...
I simply can't provide money to people that support such an association and their machinations.

Well, at least not that much... maybe in 3-5 years, when it's budget priced. :(
I had not even heard of the BIU before. Care to elaborate what exactly the problem is? And why would a dev not showcase their game at the gamescom -- as far as I know it's one of the biggest gaming conventions in the world. It's great advertisement, especially for smaller/ European teams.
When i hear this would be released on GOG i cancel mine on Steam DRM FREE is to big a deal for me, i could not pass this up.
Will it have Achievments on Galaxy? They are not featured on the store page while on steam they are featured.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by StorkV88
Kind of a shame about the GoG release delay. But it looks like I'll actually be buying this game now. I was on the fence and actually I was leaning towards not buying it. Now I am leaning at buying it when it's released on GoG. :)
Post edited February 04, 2018 by LurkerLito
paladin181: Will this game be worth $60US? It seems pricey for a Kickstarter game. The trailers look great but preorder exclusives piss me off. Tentatively watching this one.
We don't actually know if the DLC will be preorder exclusive. It isn't mentioned as such anywhere. In fact, gamepage's wording leads me to believe it won't which makes it a much lesser evil.

Granted, I don't like preorders and I rarely ever support them. But there are several ways to make them and some are worse than others:
- Preorders with exclusive content. This is the worst possible way to do them.
- We've had preorders with nothing and no discount, in effect buying day-1 full priced but giving your money earlier. All the disadvantages with none of the advantages. People who support this should be whacked in the head to see if they grow some common sense.
- And then we have preorders with a decent discount or with non-exclusive DLC. I consider them a good compensation for those that are taking the risk while the rest of us wait for reviews.

If a publisher puts a game for preorder let it at least be in this 3rd model.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by joppo