It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Treasure Map DLC as a pre-order bonus.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

NOTE: The DRM-free version of the game will be released on GOG.com on February 27, due to the publisher's decision.
To be honest, outside strategy games, I'm not a fan of purely historical settings, they usually just don't have enough to sustain your interest. Even Darklands had Devils and witches and divine intervention and such.
does it offer any other combat options i.e, a crossbow or is sword all there is?
recommended sound card - creative soundblaster zx.

firstly, why isn't modern built in soundchips not good enough? secondly why creative? why not other company cards? this isn't the 90s anymore. the game also looks like a witcher 3 clone.
There's no magic or monsters in this game. The emphasis is on living in a realistic medieval setting.
pmcollectorboy: There's no magic or monsters in this game. The emphasis is on living in a realistic medieval setting.
Given the amount of people wearing plate armor in the trailer, I doubt it's that realistic, in the middle-ages only the richest of nobles could afford plate.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by Crosmando
timmy010: recommended sound card - creative soundblaster zx.
My question would be: Who the fuck still uses soundcards anymore? =P
Mr.Mumbles: My question would be: Who the fuck still uses soundcards anymore? =P
exactly. :) now if we were talking about sound on mobile phones, i must say the lg v30 looks pretty amazing. the u.k. hasn't seen the v20, which i think the u.s. market has. i could consider that an upgrade for my w995.
OldOldGamer: Watching this closely, as a reenactor, fencing geek, with 35kg of armour donned

But preorder?

No way. I can wait no roblem.
Klumpen0815: I never did or liked reenactment but was a sword fencer (Langes Messer and Langes Schwert) and trainer for some years, which is why I followed the development of this game somewhat.

I just hope that this is just the first of many games with a proper sword fighting system.
I've seen a few video on youtube of people playing the latest beta, and described the combat as very confusing or frustrating.

I really hope they succeeded in the intent, even though is capturing the flos duellatorum can (is) really difficult.
This is why I don't rush to preorder: I want to see what they crated.

On the other hand I thank God that his game break the monotony of a stream of fantasy RPG: you CAN have a medieval game that is fun and challenging.

Finger crossed!
Post edited February 03, 2018 by OldOldGamer
low rated
Crosmando: Given the amount of people wearing plate armor in the trailer, I doubt it's that realistic, in the middle-ages only the richest of nobles could afford plate.
The developer's vision of "historic reality" is basically reductive. It's not about what this game has, it's about what this game does without. Overt fantasy elements, women in any kind of prominent roles, minorities, excessive amounts of gore. Which is OK by me. The developer knows well enough that "realism" in games is bullshit as a means to itself. The prevalence of plate or the artifice of rule governed fencing are just something people have to go along with. If the resulting blandness is what enables the developer to keep his Steven Seagal level conspiracy bollocks to himself, he can call his game "accurate" for all I care. But strictly speaking, it will in no way be more "historically accurate" than e.g. the Witcher was.

fronzelneekburm: The two-week delay is an absolute blessing in disguise: By the time the gog version launches, there will be plenty of player feedback and reviews. You'll get a more up-to-date build, you'll have reviews and you can still get your pre-order perks, even though the game launched already. I see nothing but positives here.
No accusation to the developer regarding the delay between Steam and GOG release. I'm willing to bet this is the usual Koch Media contractual clusterfuckery. But if this turns out to be a Gothic 3 type release (and hot damn these games look similar), two weeks will not be enough to pierce overly favorable reviews from the usual sources who judge a pre-release build. Two weeks will not at all suffice to patch out the most fatal bugs. But two weeks will be more than enough to make people hop from GOG to Steam and possibly even reinforce the developer's notion about what version to update and what version not to update.

I mean, I do see some positives, but won't characterise the two week delay a win-win.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by Vainamoinen
ussnorway: does it offer any other combat options i.e, a crossbow or is sword all there is?
I've seen at least a bow used in some game play vids on YouTube
Ancient-Red-Dragon: IMO this game looks awful and mind-numbingly boring. I don't see how it could possibly be worth $59.99 USD.

But I'm glad it's on GOG solely because it helps to set the precedent that DRM doesn't do jack to reduce piracy and therefore all publishers should put their new games DRM-free on GOG.
what's wrong with it?
this games does look promesing. hopefully its as cool as it looks! whats this I read about combat
So this game won't be fast action paced, and won't include magic or any kind of fantasy. So what?

What joy do people have to see almost every medieval-themed role playing game being action gameplay wise with fantasy? Even the ones they will never ever play?
Could they stop this narcissistic attitude? They love fantasy action games, I get it.
But can other people interested in simulation games have a voice, or at least, be interested in few games, or the previous people are so intolerant to let others have what they want?

I reminds me a lot the ones who dare blame Blade Runner 2049 not to be action paced, because in their eyes, Science Fictions films HAVE to be fast paced.
Vainamoinen: But strictly speaking, it will in no way be more "historically accurate" than e.g. the Witcher was.
'Authentic' might be a more appropriate term. The Expedition series and to some extent the Mount & Blade series are the only other RPGs dedicated to a high level of authenticity, reproducing the equipment, politics, and attitudes of the times. Historical fiction is my favourite literary genre, and I'm thrilled to see it come to gaming.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by markrichardb
pmcollectorboy: I wonder if the developers can sacrifice a bit of realism to get rid of that awful "helmet vision".
No. Plus you don't have any helmet vision, if you don't wear one, so it's up to you to find head cover which suits you.
shmerl: Still no Linux version despite promises in Kickstarter campaign. Didn't Cry Engine improve Linux support already?

And publisher delaying GOG release? Heh, how "classy". It's especially a shame for crowdfunded game. Looks like publisher is Deep Silver.
I don't mind 2 week delay much, from the last 50 games I bought at GOG I managed to install and play two, so week-ish delay doesn't mean anything to me.

But the wrong OS is complete blocker in this case, I buy windows versions only when they are either supper bargain (<$3), or well supported by wine and in 70+% sale even then... so I think there's no point even to wishlist this for me, may take a decade before it will fit. :) But then it will be "good old game", right? Perfect... :D