It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The award-winning action role-playing game created by Guerrilla studio finally makes its way to your PC.
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition is coming soon on GOG.COM! The GOG version of the game will be released on November 24th with a full set of GOG GALAXY 2.0 features, including achievements, cloud saves, and more.

Prepare to join Aloy on her legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines. An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter strives to understand the past, discover her destiny, and stop the catastrophic threat to the future.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
elgonzo: When the time comes for HZD running stable in Wine (if and whenever it may be), then also comes the time to revisit the store page...
I'll be waiting on confirmation of Wine compatibility as well. It seems some people have gotten it running in Proton, but they seem to have had somewhat varying results.

I have an i5-3330, 8GB RAM and a GTX 1050, so my hardware is probably on the lower end of the spec range.
Mirroring the sentiment of others. Holy shit!!

Granted Ive played and beaten the complete game, bought multiple physical copies of it already, so I cant say I will buy it straight out the gate at launch but I WILL eventually buy it here as well.

If Witcher 3 is the greatest game ever made then HZD is definitely top 5.

Hell of a job GOG. THESE are the kinds of releases needed here.
Nice
Makes me glad I waited on buying it for PC instead of grabbing it on Steam right away. Really awesome to see bigger games like this make their way to GOG. Need more Sony games on PC, now.
Will "The Making of Horizon Zero Dawn" also find it's way into the extras?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/804410/
Post edited November 21, 2020 by Mobeeuz
rbialo: But isn't it a bit too late?

I mean HZD is - perhaps, I missed the hype train - a very good game to play, but there is a CP2077 coming in.. 2 weeks, right?
So does it make sense to start new game that would perhaps be immersive and require at least few months to enjoy, when there is a "must-play game" right behind corner?

I will perhaps buy if it will not be overpriced (say, 30-ish $), but will I start play it now? I doubt very much.
Well, you are assuming cyberpunk is a must-play at launch when... it's not even out yet! In fact, if the game is as ambitious as it sounds, I'd certainly recommend waiting a few months for hotfixes and patches to roll in.
anzial: 0 at this point. There weren't ANY games on GOG connect for a couple of years now.
I got Chasm last year.
heretic_fiend: Removed from Steam wishlist. Added to gog wishlist. :)
Same, I'm completely gobsmacked to see this game here; a sony exclusive DRM free!?

Insta-bought! Between this, and CP2k77 I'm gonna be pretty busy! Damn I wish the 3090 FE stock comes out in 2021 already!
Post edited November 21, 2020 by TZODnmr2k5
sanscript: WTF is happening?!? :D

I was hoping to see this on PC summer 2020 because I don't care much for consoles, and now they also release it here? When they fix those optimizing/stuttering issues they've been having on the PC port on Steam, I'll buy it :D

Thank you to whomever made the decision to also sell it here!
GeraltOfRivia_PL: The port has not sold well, the only explanation. Otherwise they would not be that desperate
To find the truth you need only look at the downvoted posts.... Thanks.
How sad and miserable can people be in online forums?
Please get rid of this idiotic system made for kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3BfMzrGuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-0Arz1E8E
by the way, if anybody has Twitter and wants to try to send feedback to Sony (like about Psygnosis games), there is the AskPlaystation Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/with_replies

Obviously it's a real longshot the feedback will make it to the people who make these decisions, but since tweeting is so easy to do (take like a minute to write it up and send it) I figure it doesn't hurt to try.
I havge heard so much good things about this game, i think i actually need to play this ;)

How long is it? How open world is it?
IrritatingTruth: I would be very careful on this purchase. I loved this game on my PS4, and was stupid excited for the PC version (just built my PC this past Feb 2020). I do not know how GOG will turn out, but if it is anything like Steam, I would not buy day one. Between bugs, and performance (performance being my biggest issue), I would honestly say it is not worth the time, money or gigs.

I just checked on Steam, it is much better then release. However, if you have a Ryzen 2600x, 1660ti and 32GBs RAM, or less, you will be locked at 30FPS.
Reading about it elsewhere earlier, I was under the impression that the game is locked to 30 fps, both on PS4 and PC? Any truth to that? So if it is, I guess you will not go over 30 fps no matter how fast your PC is?

So, if you thought the game was great on PS4 locked at 30 fps, why do you feel it sucks on PC running at the same framerate? The game still plays the same on PC, yes? Or no? Or maybe?

Maybe this is one of those cases where not locking the framerate to 30 fps would make the physics break or something...
Post edited November 22, 2020 by timppu
low rated
IrritatingTruth: I would be very careful on this purchase. I loved this game on my PS4, and was stupid excited for the PC version (just built my PC this past Feb 2020). I do not know how GOG will turn out, but if it is anything like Steam, I would not buy day one. Between bugs, and performance (performance being my biggest issue), I would honestly say it is not worth the time, money or gigs.

I just checked on Steam, it is much better then release. However, if you have a Ryzen 2600x, 1660ti and 32GBs RAM, or less, you will be locked at 30FPS.
timppu: Reading about it elsewhere earlier, I was under the impression that the game is locked to 30 fps, both on PS4 and PC? Any truth to that? So if it is, I guess you will not go over 30 fps no matter how fast your PC is?

So, if you thought the game was great on PS4 locked at 30 fps, why do you feel it sucks on PC running at the same framerate? The game still plays the same on PC, yes? Or no? Or maybe?

Maybe this is one of those cases where not locking the framerate to 30 fps would make the physics break or something...
See?

There are games made with a 60 FPS lock - okay, some engines would go crazy with more than 60 FPS. Many old games like Diablo 1 work in 30 FPS, okay, they are old, understandable.

BUT 30 FPS?

FOR 40 DOLLARS?

AN AAA GAME?
Post edited November 22, 2020 by GeraltOfRivia_PL
timppu: Reading about it elsewhere earlier, I was under the impression that the game is locked to 30 fps, both on PS4 and PC? Any truth to that? So if it is, I guess you will not go over 30 fps no matter how fast your PC is?

Game is not locked to 30fps.
You can get as many frames as your CPU/GPU/RAM combo can mustard, within the limits of this PC port optimization.
So for those of us who dont really know much about this game, what is it like?. Openworld?. Story?. Length of playability?. AI ? etc?