It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King are coming soon, DRM-free

Two of the most beloved Disney games of all time make their long-awaited return to PC in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King!

Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas, save your progress anywhere and take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games.

Notice: Users who have previously purchased Disney’s Aladdin or Disney’s The Lion King on GOG.COM will receive discount toward Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
CervelloYM: Ah nostalgia... it sells so well.
Low in effort, big in money. It must be cost-efficient as all hell to re-release nostalgia with some QOL-improvements slapped on.

I don't complain, I do enjoy that classics get easier to access and play on modern systems. Some studios put more effort into their remasters/enhanced editions than others though. I just wish Digital Ecplise offered the option to turn off rewind and quick save in options. In the heat of the action it can be too tempting to spare yourself the pain of losing progress, the games are not balanced around such features.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by user deleted
I bought the DOS versions full price, so I'll wait for a while, before I get this collection. Hopefully a decent discount allows me to play the SNES version of the game sooner rather than 1-2 years from now.

EDIT: I've never heard about Digital Eclipse, but reading around for a bit about their efforts, has me convinced to keep an eye out for their future releases.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Zoidberg: And jumping on ennemies! :D
GGLapkizzz: Yep. AFAIR, the SNES Aladdin was more like Prince of Persia with all those acrobatics. Personally I loved the SNES version more than PC one. I wonder how Virgin and Capcom ended up with the licences for basically the same game on different platforms.
PC one? You mean Megadrive/Genesis one? PC was a port I guess.

But yeah, two games with the same IP, but not the same game I must insist.
Now you know what would be the most amazing thing? A Donald duck collection featuring Cold Shadow, Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers and Quackshot. Throw in some SMS games for fun and you have an awesome bundle per se.
crysisheld: Gisney
I... am not alone in always having read it this way?
I can never say no to ye olde gode gameth. Nice to see those two particular games back, they're both GOGcore and should not be missed out by anyone :D!

Hopefully we may see some more classics from Disney. The Phantom Manace for instance is a game that some people do seem to have lots of fun memories about and its also one of the better movie games that exists from the great host of movie games out there. Besides this we already have Racer on GOG, its the right moment that we have another game based on the first prequel movie.

On an unrelated note, some other people already want Droidworks on here. I only remember the demo but I remember it to be quite unique. It would be nice if the game does appear on the store at some point at some point as well.
low rated
Back to the discount discussion : I wrote 0% off and if you check the new Trine release , none of the owners of the previous games receive a special discount .
I think Disney will do the same with this release .
Post edited October 08, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot
i_hope_you_rot: Back to the discount discussion : I wrote 0% off and if you check the new Trine release , none of the owners of the previous games receive a special discount .
I think Disney will do the same with this release .
And you mention Trine because?

Aside from Trine being a different game, by different companies they never said you will get a discount on Trine 4 for owning the others.

Where as Disney have this:

"Notice: Users who have previously purchased Disney’s Aladdin or Disney’s The Lion King on GOG.COM will receive discount toward Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King."

So we will get some sort of discount on them. (They also have the same discount sentence on Steam.)
3GB HDD space?? How on Earth did they manage to make 10MB games into 3GB?
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Green_Hilltop
MadalinStroe: I bought the DOS versions full price, so I'll wait for a while, before I get this collection. Hopefully a decent discount allows me to play the SNES version of the game sooner rather than 1-2 years from now.

EDIT: I've never heard about Digital Eclipse, but reading around for a bit about their efforts, has me convinced to keep an eye out for their future releases.
They gravitate towards the dissappointing side, sometimes they get a decent result, but havent seen once one as good as the scene efforts which they mostly take "inspiration", kinda like dotemu
Green_Hilltop: 3GB HDD space?? How on Earth did they manage to make 10MB games into 3GB?
That is indeed surprising. Did they accidentally include the publisher's entire pr0n-folder? Sure, the games come with an emulator. But that also just adds 100-something MB. That still leaves 2,8 GB of something else.
Lifthrasil: That still leaves 2,8 GB of something else.
Art assets and higher quality music for their extra content, I'd assume. Their Mega Man and other collections were similar. Probably accounts for at least some (what percentage of it, I couldn't say exactly) of that total.
must hype most yay will buy
Green_Hilltop: 3GB HDD space?? How on Earth did they manage to make 10MB games into 3GB?
Lifthrasil: That is indeed surprising. Did they accidentally include the publisher's entire pr0n-folder? Sure, the games come with an emulator. But that also just adds 100-something MB. That still leaves 2,8 GB of something else.
1 GB of kinky Jasmine I'm down with. But then we also going to get 1 GB of kinky Nala and I know when to draw a line :p
RedRagan: 1 GB of kinky Jasmine I'm down with. But then we also going to get 1 GB of kinky Nala and I know when to draw a line :p
I wonder where the kinky Abu, Rajah and Iago stuff falls near that line of yours.