It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today 3 engaging platformers make a grand comeback on GOG, this time as a part of the Disney Classic Games Collection.
$30 for 3 old games? My side is in orbit right now
im confused
is this the remastered versions or the regular ones?
I think at least Lion king was remastered
so woud like to know wich games of these are remastered or not
RedRagan: $30 for 3 old games? My side is in orbit right now
Remember what site you're on, and how they make their money.
It just so happens these are the 3 games I'm not interested in.
I'm more into Ducktales, Chip & Dale, and uhh...Goof Troop.
Lodium: is this the remastered versions or the regular ones?
Regular 16-bit console versions (and a few extra) *remastered* with rewind, save and "watch" (no idea) functions. Alladin has 4 versions: Nintendo, Sega, Final Cut (which is Sega but with bug fixes) and Demo. I was not able to hear the "only you" song part in title menu like in original DOS version, the DOS had some serious issues with upper score bar obscuring so needed view space above but it was better in my opinion in everything else (the graphics is better than in Sega version 2 times).
M3troid: Maui Mallard too.
rjbuffchix: That one already is! Great game.

https://www.gog.com/game/maui_mallard_in_cold_shadow
Why is your post low-rated?
Did Disney ever make a Little Mermaid game?
RedRagan: $30 for 3 old games? My side is in orbit right now
Ostracus: Remember what site you're on, and how they make their money.
Yeah but a ton of old games are way cheaper than this. Why not making it $10 for all three? This game is still around due to high popularity and large amount of cartridges circulating.
Breja: This. Also, give me the option to only buy the game I actually want, not a whole collection 2/3 of which I don't care about.
Totally the opposite. I miss times when games were sold in bundles (6 parts of Might&Magic, 3 parts of Ultima etc.). Sure maybe I won't play them all, don't care about some but it's nice to HAVE them all. Now I have to buy Shard of Spring and its sequel Deamon Winter separately for full price each. Ancient games!

But still a dick move first selling games separately and then making a collection...
Crosmando: Did Disney ever make a Little Mermaid game?
If there are video games with Disney's Little Mermaid franchise. There are some for the GBC, the GBA, the PSX and even the Nes. And if I remember correctly, there is one for the PC.

As for the Disney Classic Games Collection, they may be old videogames, but what videogames! Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book are all classics. And I played all three as a kid on my SNES. Capcom's version of Aladdin is a great game and Virgin's is a masterpiece. It's a shame that the original versions have been removed from the GOG catalogue.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by UCrest
Breja: This. Also, give me the option to only buy the game I actually want, not a whole collection 2/3 of which I don't care about.
NewPyk: Totally the opposite. I miss times when games were sold in bundles (6 parts of Might&Magic, 3 parts of Ultima etc.). Sure maybe I won't play them all, don't care about some but it's nice to HAVE them all.
Definitely better than GOG's current strategy to sell games separately and later make bundles of them where you have to pay again for games you already own. And they even dare to send you newsletter codes for bundles where you already own parts of the bundle.

But of course the price of a bundle of ancient games should be according to the age of the games (the 6 parts Might & Magic bundle has been $10, the 3 parts Ultima bundle $6).
Yes they did I know that just unsure for what platforms
NewPyk: Totally the opposite. I miss times when games were sold in bundles (6 parts of Might&Magic, 3 parts of Ultima etc.). Sure maybe I won't play them all, don't care about some but it's nice to HAVE them all.
Yeah, I'm sure that's great when you can afford to spend money on stuff you will never play, but I would prefer to be able to only buy what I actually want.

Also, GOG could still offer a bundle purchase of a set of games that are also being sold separately.
Sorry but I already got the original release of Aladdin, Aladdin and Lion King release and finally the Jungle book original release (this on steam)... So no I'll not buy this one. 11.89€ (so basically 12€) to just add Jungle book to the collection in the new "engine" is too much, for less than 2-3€ I could do that but I will not pay 12€ for a rerelease that I already own twice.

PS. I paid 8.49€ for Disney Aladdin + 16.69€ for Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King + 1.99€ for Jungle book.
27.17€ already way too much for those really old games.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by LiefLayer
At least two different ones back in the early nineties. Uglier for NES and prettier for Sega Genesis, there were also DOS ports, though I'm not sure if they were legitimate. Prolly not.