It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More games added: Anodyne, Escape Goat, Gemini Rue!
Do you want to make the world a slightly better place and be rewarded some games for being an awesome human being? It's simple: choose a charity you like from the three we have here (WWF, Worldbuilders, and Gaming for Good), pick out 3 games you like out of 13 offered, pay $5 or more, and we will give 100% of your donation to charity*! You can also pick more than 3 games, and your minimum donation will be raised accordingly. Want to donate more? No problem--you can set the amount manually. Don't need the games, or already have them? Select the "Gift this order" option at the checkout, and make some other gamer happy. Again, your choice of charity to help:
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YrNbdj72LbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
WWF - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BR0NTiJn4f8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Worldbuilders - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSqvl5s4xpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gaming for Good - click to donate and choose your reward
We've added three more titles to this special promo selection, thanks to awesome indie developers, who volunteered their games to take part in this charitable action. The newly added games are: Anodyne by Analgesic Productions, a psychological retro adventure game with nostalgic action-RPG feel and deep story, bundled with MP3 soundtrack, Escape Goat by Magical Time Bean, a captivating puzzle-platformer with many clever and challenging stages, and 8-bitish retro visuals, and Gemini Rue by Wadjet Eye Games, a gritty neo-noir point-and-click adventure game masterfully mixing Sci-Fi and crime mystery genres. Thank you for making this happen, guys!
Our whole-hearted thanks also go to: Introversion Software (Darwinia), Subset Games (FTL: Faster Than Light), Tiger Style Games (Waking Mars), Amanita Design (Botanicula), Instant Kingdom (Driftmoon), Northway Games (Incredipede), Digital Game Factory (Creatures: Village), Might & Delight (Pid), Daedalic Entertainment (The Whispered World), and Oddworld Inhabitants (Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee).. All of the devs are receiving nothing for their games in this charity but the good karma that comes from doing a good deed. Take a moment and tweet, facebook, or email them and tell them how much you appreciate their participation in this, and then you'll be extra awesome yourself. :)
*GOG.com is paying out some money as well; for every $1 donated, it costs us about $0.25 to cover the credit card fees, taxes, and other fees to make sure that literally 100% of what you donate goes to charity. So, let's say you want to donate $10. We'll add about $2.50 on top of that, to make sure that all of your donated money reaches the charity of your choice.
Post edited November 10, 2013 by G-Doc
Love Worbuilders and what they do, every time I hear from them, I have this urge of donating.

If someone doesn't know about it, it's a project from Patrick Rothfuss (The author of the Kingkiller series, The Name of The Wind and such, you may have heard about him) that has grown quite a lot with the years. I don't seem to be able to post links, but you should look the FAQs of the last campaign.

Quite Awesome.
Oh we have 2 Spanish Mr spocks now, that's not logical.

Noone going for The whispered world? seems like a lovely game. Makes me wonder if they gonna create another one around it, or a new Edna & Harvey. Especially now Deponia seems to be done (atleast for the moment).
Post edited November 05, 2013 by lugum
lugum: Oh we have 2 Spanish Mr spocks now, that's not logical.
There's two of them in the movies now, not that it's any more sensible there...
lugum: Oh we have 2 Spanish Mr spocks now, that's not logical.
IAmSinistar: There's two of them in the movies now, not that it's any more sensible there...
Haha.
I've noticed the donation amount on the front page is up now. Over $11k in only roughly six hours. Not too shabby.

Titanium: I give to charity, and I get games in return? What is this sorcery?!
Black magic, naturally. ;)
+1 for the "100% goes to charity" part, well done GOG!

So, from the following list which one to chose and why:
- Pid
- Creatures Village
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

mistermumbles: I've noticed the donation amount on the front page is up now. Over $11k in only roughly six hours. Not too shabby.
snip
Where exactly do you see it?
mistermumbles: I've noticed the donation amount on the front page is up now. Over $11k in only roughly six hours. Not too shabby.
snip
HypersomniacLive: Where exactly do you see it?
I was going to ask the same thing.
jalister: I was going to ask the same thing.
Hey jalister, haven't seen you around for a while.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one not seeing anything, for a moment I thought that maybe one or more of my add-ons and scripts ate it (they tend to break a number of visuals on GOG).
HypersomniacLive: +1 for the "100% goes to charity" part, well done GOG!

So, from the following list which one to chose and why:
- Pid
- Creatures Village
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

snip
Id go with Oddworld as my first choice, it looks like the one I would have the most fun with.
Donated to WWF and picked up Driftmoon, Botanicula, and Oddworld.
snip
It was on the front page but disappeared a few moments ago. It was just before "100% goes to charity" massage, in the same line.
HypersomniacLive: Hey jalister, haven't seen you around for a while.
I'm always around, even if I have nothing to say. I stop by every Monday through Friday to see what is new.
Ghorpm: It was on the front page but disappeared a few moments ago. It was just before "100% goes to charity" massage, in the same line.
Screenshot or it didn't happen. :)
Post edited November 05, 2013 by jalister
Ghorpm: It was on the front page but disappeared a few moments ago. It was just before "100% goes to charity" massage, in the same line.
Ok then, at least we established that nth breaks with my current browser set up and that I'm not blind. Maybe they're still testing it.

gbaz69: Id go with Oddworld as my first choice, it looks like the one I would have the most fun with.
Please correct me if I got it wrong, but that sounds like you haven't actually played it.

I'm hoping for replies based on experience.
jalister: Screenshot or it didn't happen. :)
Too late, I didn't take one. But at least two people have seen it (mistermumbles and me) so you can trust us. And if you don't - well, that's your problem - we KNOW it was there so we don't really care ;P
HypersomniacLive: Please correct me if I got it wrong, but that sounds like you haven't actually played it.

I'm hoping for replies based on experience.
I didn't know that was part of your inital inquiry... experience :P
You are correct, and I have not played any of the three games, just watched gameplay vids on youtube.
I do own Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, just never played it yet.