It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More games added: Anodyne, Escape Goat, Gemini Rue!
Do you want to make the world a slightly better place and be rewarded some games for being an awesome human being? It's simple: choose a charity you like from the three we have here (WWF, Worldbuilders, and Gaming for Good), pick out 3 games you like out of 13 offered, pay $5 or more, and we will give 100% of your donation to charity*! You can also pick more than 3 games, and your minimum donation will be raised accordingly. Want to donate more? No problem--you can set the amount manually. Don't need the games, or already have them? Select the "Gift this order" option at the checkout, and make some other gamer happy. Again, your choice of charity to help:
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YrNbdj72LbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
WWF - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BR0NTiJn4f8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Worldbuilders - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSqvl5s4xpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gaming for Good - click to donate and choose your reward
We've added three more titles to this special promo selection, thanks to awesome indie developers, who volunteered their games to take part in this charitable action. The newly added games are: Anodyne by Analgesic Productions, a psychological retro adventure game with nostalgic action-RPG feel and deep story, bundled with MP3 soundtrack, Escape Goat by Magical Time Bean, a captivating puzzle-platformer with many clever and challenging stages, and 8-bitish retro visuals, and Gemini Rue by Wadjet Eye Games, a gritty neo-noir point-and-click adventure game masterfully mixing Sci-Fi and crime mystery genres. Thank you for making this happen, guys!
Our whole-hearted thanks also go to: Introversion Software (Darwinia), Subset Games (FTL: Faster Than Light), Tiger Style Games (Waking Mars), Amanita Design (Botanicula), Instant Kingdom (Driftmoon), Northway Games (Incredipede), Digital Game Factory (Creatures: Village), Might & Delight (Pid), Daedalic Entertainment (The Whispered World), and Oddworld Inhabitants (Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee).. All of the devs are receiving nothing for their games in this charity but the good karma that comes from doing a good deed. Take a moment and tweet, facebook, or email them and tell them how much you appreciate their participation in this, and then you'll be extra awesome yourself. :)
*GOG.com is paying out some money as well; for every $1 donated, it costs us about $0.25 to cover the credit card fees, taxes, and other fees to make sure that literally 100% of what you donate goes to charity. So, let's say you want to donate $10. We'll add about $2.50 on top of that, to make sure that all of your donated money reaches the charity of your choice.
Post edited November 10, 2013 by G-Doc
tinyE: One more question and then I'll stop hogging this thread and go hog another thread, you just mentioned games possibly being added; did you hear that somewhere?
Gog replied on Facebook that they do not plan to add any more games to this event. The games/developers that joined the event are the ones listed.
maydayp: I love the idea, but I wish the wording in the email, and on the header/advertisement had the small print "select games only"
I mean I assumed that it wouldn't be the whole catalogue but I was hoping for more choices. I'll check them out, but I don't think any of them are my thing.
Yes it was formulated a bit misleading and I'm not interested in the games. So I guess I just donate dollars elsewhere directly to a charity of my choice. But others might like the games and donate more than they normally would, which would be a good thing.
Awesome initiative!!!

Thanks Gog for your generosity and your marketing creativity.

Extra thanks go to editors who made this possible.
Hm, I picked Driftmoon, The Whispered World, but cant decide FTL, Pid or Oddworld, I must watch some gameplay videos.
tinyE: One more question and then I'll stop hogging this thread and go hog another thread, you just mentioned games possibly being added; did you hear that somewhere?
melkathi: Gog replied on Facebook that they do not plan to add any more games to this event. The games/developers that joined the event are the ones listed.
Thats a shame. Im surprised there werent more devs interested in the event......
I settled on Oddworld (which I've sung the praises of since it's release years ago), FTL, and Darwinia. The other two looked interesting and even if I don't like them this small donation is the least I could do for the WWF. When you live in the woods like I do it's best to keep the wildlife happy. The difference between a cougar ripping my face off or the guy next to me could come down to which of us has been more charitable. :P
Can you tell me which games in the promo are available for Mac? Thanks
Well, a really hard choice. And I don't mean the game choice, that was relatively easy. I usually prefer smaller charities who help disabled people, blind children etc. But given that I'm not really the one donating, GOG is, along with the developers and publishers, I'm just buying their products...
...after a great deal of deliberating, I reluctantly chose the Worldbuilders. Hoping that they will give out more seeds and plants rather than animals.
And just when I thought GOG could not get any radder.

The selection is limited , but excellent. Apart from the new Creature game I know nothing about, the games are all firmly in the "robust to masterful" range.

Thanks to GOG, the devs, the charity people, and the gamers.
frogmort: Can you tell me which games in the promo are available for Mac? Thanks
If you look at the sale page for your favorite charity, you'll see that each has Windows and Mac icons next to the game; that will tell you which games are available for which OSes.
Toshikage: And just when I thought GOG could not get any radder.

The selection is limited , but excellent. Apart from the new Creature game I know nothing about, the games are all firmly in the "robust to masterful" range.

Thanks to GOG, the devs, the charity people, and the gamers.
OT
Best avatar ever.
melkathi: Gog replied on Facebook that they do not plan to add any more games to this event. The games/developers that joined the event are the ones listed.
nijuu: Thats a shame. Im surprised there werent more devs interested in the event......
Actually there is more devs across more platforms
But not in the same format as here where they support more than one Organazation.

http://gamingforgood.net/
Hmm, seams like a regular thing but i migth be wrong.

Edit : I think Humble Bundle also supports charity.
Post edited November 06, 2013 by Lodium
We've just found ourselves without any source of income, but I love that you guys are doing this, and I'll certainly participate during the next one!

Great work, GOG!
The only game I don't own is Creature Village which I'm not interested in. Hoping more games or developers join.
jalister: Groupees has offered GOG keys before. But I agree with you, I would love to see GOG keys over Steam keys.
Shad0WeN: Personally I wouldn't. The various bundle sites generally offer all of the games DRM-free anyway so it seems kind of redundant (aside from the convenience of having games in one place). I'd rather have a Steam key and have it in my Steam library with features like auto-updating, achievements, cloud saves, etc. I find Steam to be generally unobtrusive and benign as a DRM platform, and actually there are numerous indie games on Steam that are DRM-free and can be run directly and played with no restrictions whatsoever without Steam even running on the system.
That is a good point, depending on the bundle site. Humble Bundle is good for DRM free downloads, and Indie Royale has almost all the bundle titles on Desura. But for sites with the rare DRM free download, like Indie Gala or Bundle Stars, GOG keys would be awesome.

frogmort: Can you tell me which games in the promo are available for Mac? Thanks
TheEnigmaticT: If you look at the sale page for your favorite charity, you'll see that each has Windows and Mac icons next to the game; that will tell you which games are available for which OSes.
Can you tell me which games in the promo are available for Linux? Thanks
Post edited November 06, 2013 by jalister