It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More games added: Anodyne, Escape Goat, Gemini Rue!
Do you want to make the world a slightly better place and be rewarded some games for being an awesome human being? It's simple: choose a charity you like from the three we have here (WWF, Worldbuilders, and Gaming for Good), pick out 3 games you like out of 13 offered, pay $5 or more, and we will give 100% of your donation to charity*! You can also pick more than 3 games, and your minimum donation will be raised accordingly. Want to donate more? No problem--you can set the amount manually. Don't need the games, or already have them? Select the "Gift this order" option at the checkout, and make some other gamer happy. Again, your choice of charity to help:
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YrNbdj72LbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
WWF - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BR0NTiJn4f8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Worldbuilders - click to donate and choose your reward
<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSqvl5s4xpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gaming for Good - click to donate and choose your reward
We've added three more titles to this special promo selection, thanks to awesome indie developers, who volunteered their games to take part in this charitable action. The newly added games are: Anodyne by Analgesic Productions, a psychological retro adventure game with nostalgic action-RPG feel and deep story, bundled with MP3 soundtrack, Escape Goat by Magical Time Bean, a captivating puzzle-platformer with many clever and challenging stages, and 8-bitish retro visuals, and Gemini Rue by Wadjet Eye Games, a gritty neo-noir point-and-click adventure game masterfully mixing Sci-Fi and crime mystery genres. Thank you for making this happen, guys!
Our whole-hearted thanks also go to: Introversion Software (Darwinia), Subset Games (FTL: Faster Than Light), Tiger Style Games (Waking Mars), Amanita Design (Botanicula), Instant Kingdom (Driftmoon), Northway Games (Incredipede), Digital Game Factory (Creatures: Village), Might & Delight (Pid), Daedalic Entertainment (The Whispered World), and Oddworld Inhabitants (Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee).. All of the devs are receiving nothing for their games in this charity but the good karma that comes from doing a good deed. Take a moment and tweet, facebook, or email them and tell them how much you appreciate their participation in this, and then you'll be extra awesome yourself. :)
*GOG.com is paying out some money as well; for every $1 donated, it costs us about $0.25 to cover the credit card fees, taxes, and other fees to make sure that literally 100% of what you donate goes to charity. So, let's say you want to donate $10. We'll add about $2.50 on top of that, to make sure that all of your donated money reaches the charity of your choice.
Post edited November 10, 2013 by G-Doc
tinyE: I'm getting Abe's Odyssey so I can get rid of my cd AND because the protagonist has a great name worn by great people who are also incredibly handsome and happen to have giant penises.

As for the other two I'm a little lost here. I don't really light up at any of them but for the sake of charity why not? Does FTL have a difficulty setting? How is Creatures, it actually looks a little too 'Barney & Friends'.
FTL has a difficulty setting easy/normal but people tend to rate it normal/hard. It's rogue-like, so you start anew pretty often, but thats okay and genre immanent.
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DeMignon
tinyE: I'm getting Abe's Odyssey so I can get rid of my cd AND because the protagonist has a great name worn by great people who are also incredibly handsome and happen to have giant penises.

As for the other two I'm a little lost here. I don't really light up at any of them but for the sake of charity why not? Does FTL have a difficulty setting? How is Creatures, it actually looks a little too 'Barney & Friends'.
I found FTL easy difficulty to be hard.

DeMignon: FTL has a difficulty setting easy/normal but people tend to rate it normal/hard.
Thanks. :D I wish I didn't own so many of the ones on there. Then again maybe I can do something with that.
Same here, but Creatures would probably be the worst pick for me.
tinyE: Thanks. :D I wish I didn't own so many of the ones on there. Then again maybe I can do something with that.
We can only hope more games are added over the next 6 days.
I think $1.67 per game is the cheapest I've seen on gog.

I hope they get the total funds raised counter up by tommorrow.
The only game I am genuinely interested in is Botanicula.

I would probably get Oddworld as well but I don't know about a third game.

Is The Whispered World really as bad as everyone says?

The only other option is Driftmoon but I am a bit RPG'd out.

Maybe I will just pass...
htown1980: The only game I am genuinely interested in is Botanicula.

I think if it weren't for the save system Oddworld would easily be one of the greatest games ever, and not just because of the stupid name thing. I'm RPG'd out too but Driftmoon is very laid back; I keep it installed to peck at it now and then without getting way too into it.

If you don't own any of the games from this charity event yet, I'd recommend FTL:Faster Than Light.
If you do own a game or two, you can all ways gift yourselve the code, redeem the two you want, and trade/gift the third like I did.

gbaz69: If you don't own any of the games from this charity event yet, I'd recommend FTL:Faster Than Light.
If you do own a game or two, you can all ways gift yourselve the code, redeem the two you want, and trade/gift the third like I did.
One more question and then I'll stop hogging this thread and go hog another thread, you just mentioned games possibly being added; did you hear that somewhere?
gbaz69: If you don't own any of the games from this charity event yet, I'd recommend FTL:Faster Than Light.
tinyE: One more question and then I'll stop hogging this thread and go hog another thread, you just mentioned games possibly being added; did you hear that somewhere?
No. Only wishful thinking on my part. It wouldn't be smart to run the event, and not list all the games up front.

Only thing I can hope for is if a developer, that wasn't contacted by gog sees the charity event running and decides to contribute, contacts gog to get their game here.
htown1980: ...
No, not at all. It's a classic point and click, it's beautiful and has some flaws like almost every game of this genre.
For the given price, it would be an instabuy if I wouldn't own it already (CD version and GOG).
Awesome. I am never shopping at Steam Again. This is my Official Game Buying Site! Getting Games For Donations! WOW! Don't Be Cheap! WWF is a Great Cause People. it's 5 Bucks! The Price of A Shitty Mystery Meat Burger! And You Help People! Way Top Go GOG. You Da Man!
tinyE: Thanks. :D I wish I didn't own so many of the ones on there. Then again maybe I can do something with that.
gbaz69: We can only hope more games are added over the next 6 days.
I think $1.67 per game is the cheapest I've seen on gog.

I hope they get the total funds raised counter up by tommorrow.
There was the time King of Dragon Pass was $1.49. That was the stuff of legend. Then again, Driftmoon and some of the others are normally 2.5 times the price of KoDP.

I hope they'll add more games too, even just a few at the halfway mark like they do with Humble Bundles. I like what they're doing so much that I'd be happy to pay in even if only one of the games was something I really wanted and didn't have yet; so far there isn't one though.
Post edited November 05, 2013 by NotJabba
I've not gotten to research the other two in depth (not too difficult,) but I am always skeptical of charities, and I know the WWF to be a horrible greenwash organization. [s]This is one promo I'll sit out.[/s]

OK, I was underwhelmed by the weekend promo and ended up getting 6 games under the Worldbuilders option. Here's hoping they aren't as corrupt as the other two. As several people have also chimed in, WWF is horrible.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by rawmilk905
I love the idea, but I wish the wording in the email, and on the header/advertisement had the small print "select games only"
I mean I assumed that it wouldn't be the whole catalogue but I was hoping for more choices. I'll check them out, but I don't think any of them are my thing.