It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Polish video game developer and publisher company that created such cult games as Call of Juarez and Dying Light is with us for over 3 decades already. You can join us in celebrating their anniversary by claiming your copy of Crime Cities, an exciting game that will become a giveaway on GOG.COM until 9th December 2021, 6 PM UTC.

The celebration of Techland’s 30th Anniversary comes also with a set of discounts on the Call of Juarez series and God's Trigger titles that will last until 16th December 2021, at 8:20 UTC PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
JakobFel: What Call of Juarez game is the best? I've heard about a billion opinions on each of them but I just can't decide if I want to go for them in order or just go for whatever the "best" one is.
They are all good games but I had the most fun with Gunslinger. The combat feels good, the graphics are nice and the game doesn't take itself very serious when it comes to the story which is also a good thing. One of the most fun western fps games out there imo.
NuffCatnip: Wait a bit longer as Call of Juarez Gunslinger might become a freebie for today.
Don't you think this will be a silly move while the game still on sale ?
NuffCatnip: Wait a bit longer as Call of Juarez Gunslinger might become a freebie for today.
DD & Ji Ji: Don't you think this will be a silly move while the game still on sale ?
Yeah, but we've seen worse/sillier things happen over here. :)
It is going to be a free title on Steam at least, during the anniversary I think.

We'll see in about 70 minutes from now. :P
It's free now on Steam.

I wonder what happened to those other deals the banner image mentioned for Dec. 9.

Maybe everyone at GOG is too uninspired
edit: actually we're getting some nice stuff from Nicalis soon, maybe even tomorrow.
Post edited December 09, 2021 by tfishell
It is going to be a free title on Steam at least, during the anniversary I think.

We'll see in about 70 minutes from now. :P
tfishell: It's free now on Steam.

I wonder what happened to those other deals the banner image mentioned for Dec. 9.
Yeah, already snagged it. :D

Same here. Maybe a delay.

Edit: Welp, seems like they added Dying Light.
Post edited December 09, 2021 by NuffCatnip
high rated
That it... just Dying Light added to the sale

Massively fecking disapointed
Seems Steam is giving away Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Surprised that's not happening here as well.
low rated
kai2: Seems Steam is giving away Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Surprised that's not happening here as well.
Yeah. What a let down.
kai2: Seems Steam is giving away Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Surprised that's not happening here as well.
A bit disappointed, but I think we should be happy that we received a game. Although It would look better if users from both platform received the same title.
Publishers and GOG :p I wonder how the refunds will be for Gunslinger here. maybe it won't be too bad.

(tbh I don't think it's as much GOG's fault as - given how "everyone" is happy with Steam - there's just not much they can really do to increase their marketshare and be a platform big devs and pubs want to invest resources into, unfortunately. even if GOG didn't screw up with DRM semi-recently and get some people boycotting them)
mechmouse: That it... just Dying Light added to the sale

Massively fecking disapointed
Oh man what a bummer. Seriously GOG...
Sulibor: A bit disappointed, but I think we should be happy that we received a game. Although It would look better if users from both platform received the same title.
I can't say I share the sentiment regarding "we should be happy that we received a game". Crime Cities was released in 2000, retails for $3.99, is on sale for $0.79, and appears to be a very niche game. Before this giveaway, the most recent review on GOG was from two years ago (October 1, 2019) and it has a total of 15 reviews on Steam.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, on the other hand, is much more recent (though still old, released in 2013), retails for $14.99, is on sale for $4.49, and is much more popular. It's most recent review on GOG is from last month (November 15, 2021) and it has a total of 17,866 reviews on Steam.

Basically, for GOG customers, the publisher is giving away a game because that's the only way they'll get it into people's hands and on Steam, they're giving away a game that people actually want.
JakobFel: What Call of Juarez game is the best? I've heard about a billion opinions on each of them but I just can't decide if I want to go for them in order or just go for whatever the "best" one is.
The first one is my favorite, somehow, despite being last and least in almost every technical aspect. Still, that angry preacher gunslinger action just clicked for me that first time.
Bound in Blood is a prequel to the first, and mechanics were improved across the board, soo starting with it got some merit.
Cartel is... meh, much like Max Payne 3 after first two is except it doesn't have a story connection or gameplay to salvage it, feel free to avoid it.
Gunslinger is brainless, well, gunslinger fun, unburdened by depth, easily best gameplay of all four.
Basically, if you want the story, play Bound in Blood then the first one. If you want the best wild west action, go grab that freebie Gunslinger off Steam, or buy it here if you're committed to DRM-free principles. I'd say it worths the money if you buy it first time.
cmclout: Basically, for GOG customers, the publisher is giving away a game because that's the only way they'll get it into people's hands and on Steam, they're giving away a game that people actually want.
Crime Cities's pretty good though. But I concur, it'd be better the other way. Steam users need to be introduced to classics more, and I don't own Gunslinger on GOG whilst I already bought Crime Cities.
Post edited December 10, 2021 by Chasmancer
IMO Call of Juarez is ok, but it has a lot of rough edges.

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood is very good, has some great character interaction, and encourages at least 2 playthroughs.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is a GREAT shooter with an interesting story.

I absolutely loved both 2 and 3 -- own 2 on PC (disc), GOG, and PS3... and 3 on both PS4 and GOG.

Yeah, love this series... wish Techland wouldn't have pushed it to the background for zombies, zombies, and more zombies.
What about Call of Juarez: The Cartel, I know it's not that good but what happened with that game, it's unavailable anywhere.