It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you love action-packed titles with adrenaline jumps on a cosmic scale, you should enjoy this week’s Weekly Sale on GOG.COM with discounts reaching up to 90%. Promo consists of many first-person shooter games set in Sci-Fi worlds, where new technology meets with an old-fashioned rumble.

Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (-50%) is another game from the series based on tabletop games by Games Workshop. As a young T’au warrior, you must face the mighty human-build Empire, which shows no mercy to aliens. Using one of the 15 available weapons you must fight your way through chaos and destruction.

Hard Reset Redux (-90%) is a cyberpunk-themed FPP created by Polish studio Flying Wild Hog. In this game there’s practically no stop to the action sequences. Cyborg Zombies that attack you from every corner can be destroyed not only with guns. You can slice them using a weapon highly effective in close combat - the Cyber-Katana.

Check out the Weekly Sale on GOG.COM and buy even more titles filled with tons of explosive action. The Promo ends on 2nd December 2019, at 2 PM UTC.
high rated
Titles Discount for the First Time:
Overload - Anniversary Level Pack [DLC]

Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low Price:
Between the Stars (25% off vs. 20% off)
Between the Stars - Original Soundtrack [DLC] (25% off vs. 20% off)
Daikatana (85% off vs. 80% off bundled vs. 75% off unbundled)
Deliver Us The Moon (20% off vs. 10% off)
Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition (90% off vs. 80% off)
Unreal Tournament GOTY (90% off vs. 80% off)

Titles Discounted to a New GoG Low Except When FREE:
Unreal Gold (90% off vs. 80% off) - Was FREE May-2018

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited November 27, 2019 by RWarehall
I am waiting for the Big Holiday Sale this week. When will it Start? I can't wait!
Grabbed Daikatana. No reason not to at this price.
idbeholdME: Grabbed Daikatana. No reason not to at this price.
Agreed
idbeholdME: The game is good but this is sadly the Redux, which has many changes compared to the original. The graphics are "optimized" (read worse) for the consoles and there were some gameplay changes as well. They added a dash and a Katana weapon without adjusting the enemies at all, resulting in the game being much easier than it should be because you have too much mobility.

But if you never played the original, it will probably not bother you. It is very similar to the "original Doom 3 vs BFG Edition" situation.
In the end I realized I sttill have to play Shadow Warrior 1 & 2 from the same devs, and boy those are gorgeous. I hadn't yet because when I got them I could count the frames per second on my old pc. Given this, I need not to rush to take Hard Reset.
The game being worse than its Gameboy port?
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Dogmaus
All four Unreal games have been re-added to the sale, each with a discount of 90% off. :)
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Palestine
The Unreal games have (re-)joined the sale, for less than a Dollar. Just grab them, when you do not already have them!

Edit: Ninja'd!
Post edited November 26, 2019 by eiii
Make sure to install the unofficial update. It can disable the sidekicks, as well as allowing for bigger resolutions, and fixes a whole load of other things. (You can still play with sidekicks with it installed, just don't enable the setting in options.) The patch also offers Linux and Mac support.

GOG's Daiktana is 1.2 so it will work just install it over the top. If you have the CD version then just update that to 1.2 using the official update then that will work as well.

https://daikatana.fandom.com/wiki/1.3_Patch

Dogmaus: The game being worse than its Gameboy port?
I actually thought the game was pretty decent. I get why some people might not like the sidekicks but the unofficial patch can disable them.
RoboPond: Make sure to install the unofficial update. It can disable the sidekicks, as well as allowing for bigger resolutions, and fixes a whole load of other things. (You can still play with sidekicks with it installed, just don't enable the setting in options.) The patch also offers Linux and Mac support.

GOG's Daiktana is 1.2 so it will work just install it over the top. If you have the CD version then just update that to 1.2 using the official update then that will work as well.

https://daikatana.fandom.com/wiki/1.3_Patch
I am aware of the patch. But I remember having the opposite issue. The companions were basically immortal and could clear entire levels on their own, making playing the game pointless. Is there an option to leave the sidekicks but not make them immortal?

Thanks.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by idbeholdME
(imo) I assume most everyone has Unreal Gold for free after it was given away, but it's also absolutely worth $1. Even the mediocre Unreal 2 is worth $1
tfishell: (imo) I assume most everyone has Unreal Gold for free after it was given away, but it's also absolutely worth $1. Even the mediocre Unreal 2 is worth $1
Absolutely. I even own all Unreal games on multiple places already but for less than a dollar per game, I will complete my collection on GOG too.
idbeholdME: I am aware of the patch. But I remember having the opposite issue. The companions were basically immortal and could clear entire levels on their own, making playing the game pointless. Is there an option to leave the sidekicks but not make them immortal?

Thanks.
Another GOG user did some digging and here is what they found (I have no idea if it still works:)

before launching the game, in order to get the sidekicks to have the original 100HP health (instead of ridiculously high values), simply rename aidata.bak to aidata.vsc (note the VSC NOT CSV) and this will give them 100HP as is the case in the official version of the game.

open the console just before starting a new singleplayer game (when choosing the difficulty setting), by pressing the tilde key and type the following three CVAR commands (press ENTER after typing each):
/sv_sidekick_regen_hp 0
/sv_sidekick_friendly_fire 1
/sv_sidekick_exit_range 150

Original Post - https://www.gog.com/forum/daikatana/setup_for_vanilla_daikatana_experience_with_patch_13
RoboPond:
Nice. I checked the GOG forums for a solution back when I was trying the game for the first time (was a lot of years ago). Good to see someone finally figured it out.

Seems I might have to give it another go.
tfishell: (imo) I assume most everyone has Unreal Gold for free after it was given away, but it's also absolutely worth $1. Even the mediocre Unreal 2 is worth $1
Mediocre?

Bah...o.0
low rated
GameRager: Mediocre?

Bah...o.0
You're right. That should be changed to "highly forgettable/skippable". ;)