It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Does anyone know what the release is going to be tomorrow?
It's a Thursday, hopefully might be something(s) decent... but no idea what particularly.
low rated
tinyE: .
Everyone, please rise.

Good mornin', Mr e.
So much talk about it but I bet that they'll either stay and "forget" about it or leave but change nothing.
Trilarion: There were proposals to reduce the power of money, ...
Brasas: You know, I won't comment much how I see that as a complete mirseading of Basel III.

I will say that the whole dynamic of rulers leveraging bankers and then controlling them and eventually making scapegoats out of them is a huge part of how anti-semitism became what it became in Europe, culminating in you know what, you know where, by you know whom.

It would be super nice if everyone started looking a little bit under the surface at what the money is doing, rather than just its origin and end points. Follow the money was not a freaking literal expression. The meaning is to see who benefits from the dynamics.

Sure, in a bribe or extorsion follow the money shows the victim and criminal very directly, but with inflation and liquidity at the macro level the situation is a tad more complex.

Regardless of which, anti capitalism is the gift that keeps on giving, and that is the greatest tragedy of our times. Ignore the confusion / conflation over capital as the fuel of innovation and capital as the rentseeking of established powers. The tragedy is the myopia over the billions of humans that were risen out of absolute poverty by globalization and capitalism in the past 50 years. And how we are going to throw that away because of entitlement and arrogance and anger and fear.
Where did you get this load of hooey from? It's common knowledge that the Rothschilds made great fortunes from leveraging rulers and influential people, and financing wars. That isn't even arguable. Furthermore, capitalism and centralized banking are in diametrical opposition to each other, and obviously so, as capitalism calls for the *decentralization* of economic authority.

You, sir, are a buffoon.
Remember when Shelly Long left "Cheers"? They thought that would kill the show, but it didn't.
tinyE: Remember when Shelly Long left "Cheers"? They thought that would kill the show, but it didn't.
Exactly, it got better. By leaps & bounds.

Great example!
tinyE: Remember when Shelly Long left "Cheers"? They thought that would kill the show, but it didn't.
Dalthnock: Exactly, it got better. By leaps & bounds.

Great example!
Yeah but remember when Charlie Sheen left "Two and a Half Men"? They said that would kill the show, and it did. The door swings both ways.
tinyE: Yeah but remember when Charlie Sheen left "Two and a Half Men"? They said that would kill the show, and it did. The door swings both ways.
Did you just disagree with yourself because I agreed with you?

I would be hurt if I wasn't laughing so hard!
tinyE: Yeah but remember when Charlie Sheen left "Two and a Half Men"? They said that would kill the show, and it did. The door swings both ways.
Dalthnock: Did you just disagree with yourself because I agreed with you?

I'm just trying to cover my bases AND more importantly trying to light the mood. This thread is WAY too uptight. :P

Funny thing is most of the fighting is among people who aren't in the UK. I got a feeling they are just kicking back and thinking "Fuck it."
tinyE: I'm just trying to cover my bases AND more importantly trying to light the mood. This thread is WAY too uptight. :P

Funny thing is most of the fighting is among people who aren't in the UK. I got a feeling they are just kicking back and thinking "Fuck it."
I see, you're one of those that runs over to whichever side seems to be winning at the moment.

That's good to know.

I did try to lighten up the mood with Germany jokes, but there's too many sourpusses around, I agree with you, you might want to change your stance.

Here's one I just thought up: I don't understand why Germany has such a hard time not invading Europe, most countries seem to manage just fine. Maybe they should ask France. "France, how do you keep from invading other countries?" "Well Germany, I..." "Hang on France, let me move in while we discuss it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpD3USKEKw
Dalthnock: Did you just disagree with yourself because I agreed with you?

This thread doesn't seem to want to be dead.
tinyE: I'm just trying to cover my bases AND more importantly trying to light the mood. This thread is WAY too uptight. :P

Dalthnock: I see, you're one of those that runs over to whichever side seems to be winning at the moment.
I was joking! Please don't accuse me of that. I've got the shit kicked out of me more times than I'd care to remember for standing my ground.

Of course, that may have more to do with the fact that I can't fight for shit than it does my opinions. :D
Post edited June 30, 2016 by tinyE
richlind33: This thread doesn't seem to want to be dead.
Stop trying to kill it then, you murderer!

Dalthnock: I see, you're one of those that runs over to whichever side seems to be winning at the moment.
tinyE: I was joking! Please don't accuse me of that. I've got the shit kicked out of me more times than I'd care to remember for standing my ground.

Of course, that may have more to do with the fact that I can't fight for shit than it does my opinions. :D
I can relate, I have people trying to kick my ass all over the internet. The trick is being remarkably consistent - it helps when one's beliefs are rooted in reality, rather than some idyllic fantasy - so the barking hyenas can't find one single weak spot.

This has in fact helped me in real life, because I secured a dream job due to being outstandingly dependable & I seem to be getting more benefits by the day.

So you see, every setback can in fact be an advantage.

Now excuse me while I formulate a plan to escape to Great Britain before "the EU" closes all its residents within one large Concentration Camp.
I've got to say, I know it's only been slightly less than a week since the referendum, but it feels like an eternity. At this rate I'm almost tempted to avoid anything news-related, since the subject always pops up.

Yes, I also concede the irony here! :-)
Dear lord, how embarrassing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/684593/Brexit-Nicola-Sturgeon-keep-Scotland-in-EU-France-Spain

"I want to be very clear Scotland does not have the competence to negotiate with the European Union." - Spanish prime minister Mariano Rajoy

Oof. That’s... I don’t think anyone ever talked to Portugal or Greece like that & we’re basically the mascots of the EU.

I wouldn’t want to be Scottish right now. How humiliating. This is worse than a prostitute spitting in your face before you asked her to.