It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fender_178: No one speaks for anyone but themselves.
Phrase of the year. And we're only in the beginning.

A fast edit: In this context.*
Post edited January 20, 2021 by D.Keys
Fender_178: I am a gamer at the end of the day and I play games no matter where they come from. I feel for the gamers who were lied to about Cyperpunk. That sucks and shouldn't have happened.
It was a deliberate deception on GOG's and CDPR's part up to the last minute, safeguarded by the warning that 'content may be subject to change'. There was this press version sent to Youtubers and magazines to review the game. Its version was 1.03 and it contained content which wasn't present in the version the rest of the world received, which was either never present, cut out or removed by the release patch.

One could very well say they lied about many things or rather that they made false promises about the game and how it is going to be. Feeling lied to? I guess that's only applicable to a minority who bought the game on its day of release or shortly thereafter. Those could have made an informed decision to wait just a tad bit longer until some real reviews were out to see what they actually get. Those who placed a pre-order may also have felt cheated in one way or other because what they got in the end wasn't what was promised for a long time. This was a conscious decision on their part and they should have known that in the end a game doesn't always turn out the way it was showcased and over promised/hyped during development.

This certainly was a valuable lesson to not to buy a game before you see the final product. Which, in case of CP, if you have to categorize it, turned from Open-World RPG into an Action-Adventure of sorts. Nothing wrong with that. Because what boxes it fits into, what is more important is how each aspect fitting to a particular genre plays out. I have yet to buy this game and only watched my favorite Streamer Oehrchen play it on Twitch. This will happen when the GOTY is out and most content that's cut out is back in - and this is a very long list, according to what's been identified by r/cyberpunkgame members. So, lots of work still for CDPR to make good whatever they can, to turn it into something close to what they promised it would be.
Mori_Yuki: Tere was this press version sent to Youtubers and magazines to review the game. Its version was 1.03 and it contained content which wasn't present in the version the rest of the world received, which was either never present, cut out or removed by the release patch.
Like what?

That there is missing features between what they promised and what was delivered that's for sure. But the version that reviewer / Youtuber played before release was the PC version, not some special version with extra content.
low rated
Cyberpukk price is already down for ps4 and ekbok 1.
It is freefalling like Anthem
high rated
You can add me to the "sympathetic to the concept" list if you want. I like gog but bowing down to the CCP is one of the worst things they could do imaginable. I am also very concerned about the entire Epic games situation and the watering down of the DRM free principle. I cannot say that i ever had problems with the offline installers so far but maintaining them should obviously be a priority.
Mori_Yuki: Tere was this press version sent to Youtubers and magazines to review the game. Its version was 1.03 and it contained content which wasn't present in the version the rest of the world received, which was either never present, cut out or removed by the release patch.
Gersen: Like what?

That there is missing features between what they promised and what was delivered that's for sure. But the version that reviewer / Youtuber played before release was the PC version, not some special version with extra content.
Special in the sense that this press version most reviews were based on has content the release does not. Assuming that this version was actually planned for release, or was a fork specifically sent out to keep up the lie to the last minute so people who haven't pre-ordered it would buy based on glowing press reviews, would also make it special.

No one other than CDPR would be able to tell whether content that was in v1.03 which should be the 0-day patch and was patched out with v1.04 or 1.03 was released and patched out by 1.04. However it was that's something only CDPR can know and will not reveal.
Mori_Yuki: Special in the sense that this press version most reviews were based on has content the release does not.
Like what ? I don't remember any mention of difference between the "review" version and the standard PC release, apart that the final release had less bugs.
Fender_178: I am a gamer at the end of the day and I play games no matter where they come from. I feel for the gamers who were lied to about Cyperpunk. That sucks and shouldn't have happened.
Mori_Yuki: It was a deliberate deception on GOG's and CDPR's part up to the last minute, safeguarded by the warning that 'content may be subject to change'. There was this press version sent to Youtubers and magazines to review the game. Its version was 1.03 and it contained content which wasn't present in the version the rest of the world received, which was either never present, cut out or removed by the release patch.

One could very well say they lied about many things or rather that they made false promises about the game and how it is going to be. Feeling lied to? I guess that's only applicable to a minority who bought the game on its day of release or shortly thereafter. Those could have made an informed decision to wait just a tad bit longer until some real reviews were out to see what they actually get. Those who placed a pre-order may also have felt cheated in one way or other because what they got in the end wasn't what was promised for a long time. This was a conscious decision on their part and they should have known that in the end a game doesn't always turn out the way it was showcased and over promised/hyped during development.

This certainly was a valuable lesson to not to buy a game before you see the final product. Which, in case of CP, if you have to categorize it, turned from Open-World RPG into an Action-Adventure of sorts. Nothing wrong with that. Because what boxes it fits into, what is more important is how each aspect fitting to a particular genre plays out. I have yet to buy this game and only watched my favorite Streamer Oehrchen play it on Twitch. This will happen when the GOTY is out and most content that's cut out is back in - and this is a very long list, according to what's been identified by r/cyberpunkgame members. So, lots of work still for CDPR to make good whatever they can, to turn it into something close to what they promised it would be.
Actually CDPR did lie to their investors on how playable Cybperpunk is on PS4 and Xbox one. The investors asked if the game was playable on PS4 and Xbox one and the guy from CDRP (His name escapes me) said yes it is playable. You are correct in saying majority of the time don't buy games on launch day. I made that mistake before With Diablo3. Also very true that Gamers feel like that they have been lied to for whatever reason.
I wanna add stellaris to not being DRM free on GOG.

it runs a launcher when wanna play the game (gog version)
thought GOG was complete DRM free it's a lie.
low rated
Abishia: I wanna add stellaris to not being DRM free on GOG.

Launcher =/= DRM
low rated
Mori_Yuki: This will happen when the GOTY is out and most content that's cut out is back in - and this is a very long list, according to what's been identified by r/cyberpunkgame members.
Don't want to know what it was(spoilers and etc), but I am willing to bet a good amount was cut to placate social media "gamers".
(i.e. those on US social media who like to complain all the time over various things)

Mori_Yuki: No one other than CDPR would be able to tell whether content that was in v1.03 which should be the 0-day patch and was patched out with v1.04 or 1.03 was released and patched out by 1.04. However it was that's something only CDPR can know and will not reveal.
I heard the game leaked before release(possibly one of those versions) and cdpr's main concern was that people not let's play or review those copies.

If they cut content and etc, now I can see a bit more as to possibly why they did such.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
amok: Launcher =/= DRM
THIS

(many older games had launchers to setup options like graphics settings/add command line stuff/etc, for example)
Post edited January 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
Abishia: I wanna add stellaris to not being DRM free on GOG.

If you mean the Paradox Launcher it is the tool to select and deselect mods, enable, disable official DLCs and configure things.

Honestly, if that is DRM I am the Pope of Rome. Anyway sorry for the interruption, you can continue with the topic.
First post current as of post #688.
Admittedly I don't like Galaxy. The only feature of any use to me is the download manager. And setting it to install from the server adds a version of the disc based copy protection to the service. Their DRM free sales pitch is only saved by the existence of the offline back-ups. I really hate the fact the Galaxy will start up even if I'm playing the offline back-up of the game.

However, as long the offline back-ups remain a feature I'll be able to buy a copy of the game I can reinstall on any computer I own as long as I have the hardware to run it. If this ever goes away then I'll have no reason to stay.
Post edited January 21, 2021 by Drosa